Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
elupus Wrote:utah, do you happen to be compiling yourself? I have a thought on what it could be that is failing, so I could provide you with an updated samba lib wich works around that, and see if that helps.

Sorry, no - I'm using a build from the Usual Places.
i'm sure about it now. it's the date of the folder/files that is the issue.. that is the only thing that differs between the two logs you gave me. this causes a segfault when it tries to lookup the number of days in a month.
fix commited.
elupus Wrote:fix commited.

Genius! Nice work!

Man, I wish some of the vendors at work - the ones we pay actual money to - were this responsive.

Does that mean if I pick up a CVS build in the next day or two, it'll be included?
WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work to everyone involved this is fantastic!!!!
Very good work, congratulation to elupus and Utah.
Many thanks at all contributors.
I languished the new XBMC release Smile
before anybody screem too loud, it would be nice with confirmation.. we could hit another snag in the road, but this was definitly one issue. If anything else pops up, same applies a etheral dump is invaluable. (so is a normal debug log)

yea current cvs does include it, so any build from today should be just fine.
Thanks for the efforts!!
It seems to work ok now (build 20061023).
Reab4 Wrote:Thanks for the efforts!!
It seems to work ok now (build 20061023).

Hello,

Where can I download this build please ?
I cannot found it.

Thanks
fabulon Wrote:Very good work, congratulation to elupus and Utah.
Many thanks at all contributors.

Hold it - I did nothing, Elupus did it all. Like he says, though, the proof will come when we test it.
can't say that you did nothing utah, you were the first that actually came up with a tcpdump for this specific issue. everytime i've asked for it people have submitted dumps of other stufff :/..

also, it was damn nice that you had two identical directories one wich worked one that didn't. just a diff them between and it got me looking in the right direction. (really couldn't believe that the dates would cause issues at first). now let's hope this is the entire issue Smile
I built it myself. I'm too much of a n00b to spread it though. I just followed the manuals for compiling a build without ever having built something before (other than a tree-house).
T3CH will be releasing a proper fancy build soon I hope.

There is a problem which probably has nothing to do with the fix. (I think) I used to be able to start up the VTS_01_0.IFO file instead of the VIDEO_TS.IFO , thereby skipping the whole menu/EULA crap. It seems to only be possible with the MPlayer now, not with the DVDPlayer. But perhaps it has always been like that? anyone?
it's always been like that.

so can you confirm that the issue of listing folders is gone? ie that you use to not get a listing, but do now with the new build?
Yes, I confirm that the listing problems is really gone. I have the MaPower KC31N LANDISK. I tried lots of combinations to get this to work properly. I simply could not get the BASIC>41 to work properly with XBMC_V2. I tried v42, 43, 44 and several 45beta versions. Sometimes it happened that old folders were not accesible or sometimes newly created ones.
The only option I had was reverting back to an XBMC_v20060309 I had.
I even tried a fresh HD install/format of the LANDISK using the v45 firmware: no luck.

Now I have both the increased FTP upload speed (3.2MByte/s iso 2.2) and all folders are well accessible without a problem.

I think the LANDISK itself(firmware) has a small issue with SMB access. after a while of non-access it hits a sleep-mode I think. Reviving out of this mode can take perhaps 20s or more. This is both in total commander (addicted) and in XBMC a window pops up to enter a password. This is not due to a spinup of the HD. If the XBMC already has access, the total commander has to goe through the same tedious process. Once contact has been established all is well and fast (relatively).
I hope to download a build this weekend, so I can try it out too. Also an owner of a KC31N, so am keen to test it myself!
Thanks to everyone! Big Grin

Reab4 Wrote:Yes, I confirm that the listing problems is really gone. I have the MaPower KC31N LANDISK. I tried lots of combinations to get this to work properly. I simply could not get the BASIC>41 to work properly with XBMC_V2. I tried v42, 43, 44 and several 45beta versions. Sometimes it happened that old folders were not accesible or sometimes newly created ones.
The only option I had was reverting back to an XBMC_v20060309 I had.
I even tried a fresh HD install/format of the LANDISK using the v45 firmware: no luck.

Now I have both the increased FTP upload speed (3.2MByte/s iso 2.2) and all folders are well accessible without a problem.

I think the LANDISK itself(firmware) has a small issue with SMB access. after a while of non-access it hits a sleep-mode I think. Reviving out of this mode can take perhaps 20s or more. This is both in total commander (addicted) and in XBMC a window pops up to enter a password. This is not due to a spinup of the HD. If the XBMC already has access, the total commander has to goe through the same tedious process. Once contact has been established all is well and fast (relatively).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17