Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How I got sky go usable in XBMC (UK only)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly I just want to say that if this is posted in the wrong place I am sorry and please do move it.

Secondly this is not a guide. I am happy to write a guide to this if even one person wants one but for the most part it is self explanatory.

Only works on Windows.

Here it is:
I use chrome as my Internet browser for this so I can use add ons. Firstly I use an add on (in chrome) called last pass to automatically log me into sky go when I am on the log in page.
Next I use a add on (again for Chrome) called switcheroo to redirect me from the page that you are taken to when you log in to the url off the sky go pop out player.

By this point if you open chrome on the log in page of sky go you will automatically be redirected to the player logged in and ready to go.

Next you want to use Event ghost to create mouse clicks at the right points on the screen when remote buttons are pressed this will allow you to control it with a remote.

Finally just create a shortcut to launch chrome in kiosk mode to the login page and set up xbmc add on advanced launcher to open this shortcut.

This will allow you to open sky go from xbmc control it with a remote and close it back to xbmc without the need for a mouse.

If you would like a full detail guide for this I will happily write one.

- Mala

EDIT:
Here is the instructions to use a MCE remote to control sky go.

Before we begin I want to say I have never really written a guide for anything before so sorry if it isn't very good but I’ll do my best.

First of all install the latest version of Event Ghost.

When first opened you should see smoothing like this:

This is EventGhost

Firstly go File > Save As... and name and save your event file where you want it.

Next Configuration > Add Plugin... And find Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista/Win 7 (or just Microsoft MCE Remote for XP)

Next Configuration > Add Folder... and this will create a folder for you to store all your different actions in call it something like Sky Go.

Now for the next step we need sky go open and running in kiosk mode.

From sky go ALT+TAB to bring event ghost to the front and make sure it isn’t maximised so that you can see both event ghost and sky go behind it.

Configuration > Add Macro... then a window will open and from the list find Window then choose the option 'Find a window' and click ok.

In the new window that opens you will see a cross hair with 'Drag me to a window' written next to it. Drag this cross hair until it is hovering over the sky go window and let go. Click ok. By doing this it makes sure sky go is open before carrying out any actions.

Now in your sky go folder you with have macro (orange gear image) named Find Window: chrome.exe, and inside will be an action with the same name.

Right click the macro and choose rename item, call it something along the lines of 'template'.

From now on every time we create a new macro we will copy and paste this template then rename it appropriate to the action.

So now lest look at the sky go GUI and decide how we want to control it:

First of all if we use the up and down arrow keys on the remote to control the up and down keys (#1) on sky go we can browse through the channels to see what is on. Then when we find a channel to watch we can assign the ok button to the watch now (#2) option in sky go.

So let right click on template macro and select copy then right click the sky go folder and select paste this will add it to the bottom of the folder. Then rename it to Up Arrow.

Now if you point your remote to your receiver and press the up arrow you should see the event (Lightning symbol) appear in the event ghost log on the left side of the screen. It will be named something along the lines of MceRemote.Mce.Up.

Simply drag this event onto of your Arrow Up macro and it will be placed above the Find Window Action.

This means that when that action happens everything after it in the macro will then happen starting with checking for the sky go window.

Now right click your macro, choose add action and under the mouse folder find 'move absolute'.

In this window you need to set the X and Y position to that of the up arrow on sky go. For a 1920x1080 screen (1080p TV) this is x: 920 y: 780.

If your screen is a different resolution just have sky go running where you can see it and keep adjusting the numbers and pressing test until you line it up.

Now click ok.

Add another action again by right clicking on the macro and selection add action and this time choose 'Toggle left mouse button' and in the new window set the mouse button to ' Down'.

Now click ok.

Add another action the same as before.

This time under the event ghost folder choose 'wait some time' and set the time to 0.05 seconds

Add another 'Toggle left mouse button' action but this time set the position to 'up'.

Finally set another 'Move absolute' action this time moving the mouse off the left side of the screen. For 1080p this would be x: 1920, y: 750.

Your first macro should look like this:

Simply follow these steps again and create macros for the down arrow and the watch now button.

Or simply copy and paste this macro adjust the mouse positions by double clicking on the action and remember to delete the MCE.Up event and replace with events for the correct buttons.

I also suggest creating one for the full screen button so that when you first open sky go you can put it into true full screen and it should run smoother. I simply assign this to a button that I won’t be using on sky go like the Red button.

For a 1920x1080 resolution the positions are:
Up: x: 920, y: 780
Down: x: 850, y: 780
Watch Now: x: 1100, y: 780
Full Screen: x: 1750, y: 1020

Also consider trying Left and Right arrow to skip forward and backwards through the TV guide, Mute, Volume up and Volume Down.
Left: x: 80, y: 890
Right: x: 1840, y: 890
Mute: x: 300, y: 1020
Vol Up: x: 580, y: 1020
Vol Down: x: 380, y: 1020

Finally to close sky go and re-open XBMC You need a Macro with an assigned button (I use stop).

Next the Find Window: chrome.exe as usual.

Then you need to add and action, it’s under window and it’s called ‘Close’ this will close the chrome window.

Now add another wait for about 0.4 Seconds.

Then a Find window action, do this the same as before but instead of finding chrome it needs to find XBMC.

Then one final action which again is under window and is called Maximise.

This will look like this:

I hope this guide has been helpful and feel free to ask if you have any problems.

- Mala
Hello, thanks for this been looking for something like this in ages..I have everything set up and working correctly in xbmc apart from changing channels with the remote. Do you mind walking me through this step please?
Also... with Chrome I can't seem to get Skygo to play smoothly, it buffers every 5 secs. This isn't an issue with my connection as It plays perfectly fine with Firefox. Do you know how to redirect webpages with Firefox? I've tried an add on called redirector but it doesn't work with the Skygo links. Thanks in advance..
Thanks for this..

How can I get the Pop Out Player to switch to full screen?
(2014-01-10, 19:11)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: [ -> ]Also... with Chrome I can't seem to get Skygo to play smoothly, it buffers every 5 secs. This isn't an issue with my connection as It plays perfectly fine with Firefox. Do you know how to redirect webpages with Firefox? I've tried an add on called redirector but it doesn't work with the Skygo links. Thanks in advance..
I do have an issue with it stuttering that may be caused by the same problem but it is easily fixed.
What happens is when the pop out play is ran in kiosk mode it isn't technically in full screen but if you click on the full screen button on the sky go GUI it should seem to change nothing but get a much smoother video. If this doesn't fix it for you then check the Firefox add-ons I'm sure there will be alternatives but I don't use Firefox so I'm not sure of them myself.

(2014-01-11, 22:29)tayto Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this..

How can I get the Pop Out Player to switch to full screen?

If you are running it in kiosk mode it should already be full screen but clicking the button in the bottom right corner of the sky go GUI will change put it into true full screen.

(2014-01-10, 05:46)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, thanks for this been looking for something like this in ages..I have everything set up and working correctly in xbmc apart from changing channels with the remote. Do you mind walking me through this step please?

I am going to edit my first post now to give a guide on using Event ghost to control sky go. Later if needed I will update with the full steps for getting sky go to open up.
Brilliant, thanks for this Mala!
(2014-01-12, 19:42)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant, thanks for this Mala!

I have just finished the guide hope it is ok and if you have any questions just ask I will do my best to help.
Thanks, brilliant tutorial!!! But I've managed to run into a problem.. First of all my remote is a VRC1100.. I don't think its a true MCE remote, it just emulates keys on the keyboard. That wasn't an issue as I just selected Keyboard as the plugin instead of MCE remote, and they work as they should within Skygo kiosk mode.

The problem is... when I exit kiosk mode and return to XBMC my remote still trying to emulating the keys from EventGhost. therefore I can't navigate XBMC correctly. As soon as I close EventGhost I can navigate windows and XBMC correctly. How do I stop all EventGhost actions when I close kiosk mode? When I click on action settings for the macro, the box is ticked to stop macro if target is not found. I'm confused as to why it is still acting this way. If you have any ideas that would be much appreciated

Here's a screenshot of the settings for the first macro...

I selected the correct window when dragging the crosshair over to the kiosk window, but its showing explorer.exe. I think this is the problem, but I'm stuck on what to do.
(2014-01-13, 00:06)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, brilliant tutorial!!! But I've managed to run into a problem.. First of all my remote is a VRC1100.. I don't think its a true MCE remote, it just emulates keys on the keyboard. That wasn't an issue as I just selected Keyboard as the plugin instead of MCE remote, and they work as they should within Skygo kiosk mode.

The problem is... when I exit kiosk mode and return to XBMC my remote still trying to emulating the keys from EventGhost. therefore I can't navigate XBMC correctly. As soon as I close EventGhost I can navigate windows and XBMC correctly. How do I stop all EventGhost actions when I close kiosk mode? When I click on action settings for the macro, the box is ticked to stop macro if target is not found. I'm confused as to why it is still acting this way. If you have any ideas that would be much appreciated

When you have sky go running and Event Ghost in the foreground and you press a remote button in the Event Ghost log it should show the full macro happening. If you then close chrome down and repeat the remote press does it it show the full macro again in the log or does it stop at the Find Window: chrome.exe action.

If it is stopping at the Find Window action it seems to be working correctly but may be cancelling out the remote presses so XBMC doesn't see them. If this is the case, as you created the sky go folder do the same again but with an XBMC folder then within the macros have it Find Window: XBMC.exe then choose the action emulate key stroke. From this window you could type in specific letters to emulate or from the drop down menu you can choose things like arrow keys and Shift, Alt and Ctrl. try getting this to work with the arrow keys first and if that works and lets you navigate your menus you will need to do this for all remote keys.

Alternatively you can add a plugin called XBMC2 and it will add a macro to you Configuration Tree for just about every possible action in XBMC all you would then have to do is find the ones that relate to your remote presses and drag and drop the Event into the macro. I also recommend creating a Find Window again for XBMC and copy and pasting it into any macros you use just so it doesn't cause conflicts with sky go or anything else.
Thank you very much for your time and effort on this tutorial, it now works a treat. The only problem I'm facing is Chrome stuttering every so often.. I'm sure there's a work around for this somewhere online. If I find out a solution I will report back to you.. Thanks again, Much appreciated!! Smile
Have it all in the same Event Ghost file as sky go

Also just looked at your screenshot and I'm not currently on my pc to check but I'm pretty sure that has found the right window if you look in the bottom section they show chrome and sky go