Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Quickly adjust Subtitles audio offset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have some problems with wrong subtitles that are not perfectly synchronized with my videos.

Is-there any keyboard control or an action for quickly adjusting the Subtitles audio offset ? For instance like + or - that quickly adjusts the volume.

Do i have to go to the OSD subtitles menu ? I think also there is no keybord action for opening this menu...
Ctrl + T
I'm not sure if it is possible to bind a (remote) key to this action, but in the Gotham nightly builds it is much easier to reach (direct option from the main subtitles button)
With some help from Ned (thanks!) I just realised you can bind a remote button to 'SubtitleAlign' to get to the dialog instantly.

When using a keyboard this is indeed already bound to ctrl-t
(2014-01-09, 18:47)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]With some help from Ned (thanks!) I just realised you can bind a remote button to 'SubtitleAlign' to get to the dialog instantly.

When using a keyboard this is indeed already bound to ctrl-t

Thanks for the answer : but i've just tested Ctrl-T on XBMC frodo 12.3 Windows 7, and that changes the position of the subtitles (top, bottom, above or upper video) but not the audio offset :-(
Ah, so that is what we meant with SubtitleAlign.
I'm new on XBMC but with your informations and this (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...slator.cpp), i understood a lot of things.

So, I replaced SubTitleAlign by SubtitleDelay in keyboard.xml for CTRL-T and that works : i can immediatly open the subtitle audio offset dialog box.

So many thanks again !!

I have set the remote control of my AV Receiver Yamaha RX-A3020 as a MCE 6 remote control : so i can pilot my main XBMC , that is an XBMC frodo 12.3 OpenElec (intel Nuc Haswell D54250WYK).

But, i'm quite confusing how to bind that SubtitleDelay action to a button of my remote control : which file do i have to modify ?

(2014-01-10, 16:30)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so that is what we meant with SubtitleAlign.

I'm not an english native spoken, so perharps my words are not good.

But I speak about the offset delay in secondes or milliseconds between subtitle and audio, and not the location at the screen.

(And this reference http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard_controls refers Ctrl-T as Subtitle delay control, which is what i want but seems to work with position and not delay in XBMC : is-that a wiki error ?)
You have to modify remote.xml in a similar way as you do keyboard.xml

And to answer your confusion: Ned and I both based ourselves on the (appareantly incorrect) description in the wiki.
The code clearly shows ctrl-t to be SubtitleAlign - I should have seen Align makes no sense in the context you wanted, but i was totally focussed on what the wiki said.

You correctky identified the SubtitleDelay as the call that gets you the delay screen.
I found a not useful button on my Yamaha remote and remap it to the SubtitleDelay in the remote.xml file.

In OpenElec 3.2.4, the original remote.xml file has to be copied from /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/ in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ and personnalized there.

So, with my yamaha remote button, i can immediatly open the dialog box for subtitles audio offset delay for adjusting it, that is exactly what i want.

XBMC is quite impressive !! Thanks and congratulations to the XBMC teams
(2014-01-10, 17:00)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]You have to modify remote.xml in a similar way as you do keyboard.xml

And to answer your confusion: Ned and I both based ourselves on the (appareantly incorrect) description in the wiki.
The code clearly shows ctrl-t to be SubtitleAlign - I should have seen Align makes no sense in the context you wanted, but i was totally focussed on what the wiki said.

You correctky identified the SubtitleDelay as the call that gets you the delay screen.

The wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard_controls has been fixed : now Ctrl-T refers Subtitle position control.