Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yatse remote stopped working with XBMC 12.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once I upgraded to 12.3 my Yatse android remote stopped working. Is there a solution for it?
Thanks,
Avi
I have noticed the same thing. I have four installations of Frodo that were running on 12.2
Yatse is installed on three Android devices to control these XBMC installs, I use a MySQL database for a shared library setup. All was working well until I decided to upgrade all to 12.3 on Saturday night.

Firstly the Music library disappeared and I needed to rescan the music sources but more annoyingly Yatse does not work on any 12.3 installation.

I have had to resort to the official XBMC remote which is poor in comparison.
I can't comment for 12.3, however yatse works fine for me on Gotham. Try one of the development builds. I use linux PCs and raspberry pis for my media centre.
It's most likely the update has just messed with the XBMC share. Double check that XBMC is still allowing control using your share method (http?) & that the settings have not been changed (e.g. from port 80 to port 8080). Then try to initiate a new host with Yatse.
Failing that, get a Yatse debug log & submit a post with a link to the log in the Yatse support thread. Tolriq is usually very responsive.
Checked the remote control settings and ports. All looks correct but still can't get Yatse to work with Frodo 12.3
When I get time I'll log a bug report regarding Yatse.
My problem was that the XBMC device has changed IP address (allocated a new address by the router) and as a result Yatse couldn't connect.

Since the problem happened with the upgrade to 12.3 I mistakenly linked it to the new version.
Once I changed the IP address on Yatse all is working.

Thanks for the answers.
Avi