Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrdaed to Frodo 12.3 - unable to update library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just had Linux (ver 13.10) do an auto update of XBMC to Frodo12.3 and have noticed a small problem wgere the library update is not happening.

When I manually update the Library the screen displays "Preparing" at the top right hand corner, and does not proceed further.

I have left the update running for 2 hours, and so far the progress bar has not moved an inch.

When I was running 12.2 i had no issue at all.

Is there an easy way i can roll back the installation to very 12.2 or do i have to totally re-install XBMC.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated
Please... this automatic assumption that XBMC 12.3 caused it, is at best uninformed assumption.

The only reason(s) generally the update gets stuck is that either your sources are not powered on or if they cannot be accessed and thus it gets stuck
You can also double check your sources and make sure that your sources can indeed be accessed via the current path you have set.

It is also possible that one of the Linux updates (other packages) broke your networking causing the above, we cant tell without logs....

If you use mysql it then also causes more reasons for this to happen, like server IP changing.
You can configure static IP's in your network to mitigate these issues in any case.

Going forward please pastebin a Debug log (wiki) else it never happened.