Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with StreamBox MX2 [Factory Reset]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine bought one of these MX2 StreamBox's (round one) it was causing a problem with his Wi-Fi connection; Whenever he started up the streambox the internet would be disconnected. So he decided to reset the MX2 to factory settings which I believe has uninstalled the original StreamBox OS that came with it as in the 'Updates' 'Restart' and 'Restore' option the box use to have on the desktop screen is now gone. Is there anyway I can reinstall this OS for him?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

If you need any further information then just ask me.

EDIT: I should mention that I reinstalled XBMC and ofcourse it has lost all the add-ons (channels) it use to have on it. What i'm doing is trying to get these back but I can't do it without the options I need above.
This is unrelated to XBMC. Please seek support from your box vendor.
(2014-01-12, 15:27)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]This is unrelated to XBMC. Please seek support from your box vendor.

The app i'm using is XBMC though. I'm wondering how I can get these channels back as I've never used this before, If this is somehow against the forum rules then I'm fine with the thread being deleted. Just would be great if anybody could help me out!
Yeah, but you are trying to reinstall an OS-wide backup, right?
Obviously, after a factory reset, xbmc settings are lost.
Just do a google search for "MX2 firmware" and you should be pointed in the right direction. Just make sure you get the right firmware for your box, as there are a lot of them out there.
Hi I have the same problem as the original poster. I stupidly did a factory reset and now have no xbmc software on my mx2 box that I only received yesterday. Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Think it was running 12.3 Frodo or something like that.
(2014-01-23, 16:44)Ryan95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have the same problem as the original poster. I stupidly did a factory reset and now have no xbmc software on my mx2 box that I only received yesterday. Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Think it was running 12.3 Frodo or something like that.
If you only received the box yesterday it would be best to contact the seller, explain what has happened and ask if he could give you a link for the correct firmware.
Did you buy it online?
Yes I bought it off ebay mate. I rang up streambox today explained what I had done and they were very helpful and understanding and sent me an e-mail with the files I needed to recover the box and get back streaming. Recovery image file was sent to me with clear precise instructions, very happy with the service and support.
reflash box with the software is ok to solve
(2014-01-24, 21:16)Ryan95 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I bought it off ebay mate. I rang up streambox today explained what I had done and they were very helpful and understanding and sent me an e-mail with the files I needed to recover the box and get back streaming. Recovery image file was sent to me with clear precise instructions, very happy with the service and support.

I only ask as I had a similar problem and I contacted the seller (from ebay also) and they gave me the firmware and instructions to reinstall to the box. Good to know you have it sorted now mate Big Grin
has anyone got a contact number i can have please?
a mate of mine has pressed something and a radically different menu is up now and im completely stuck.
the one on the leaflet (0845-549-9415) is gibberish about 'paying for a number' Huh??
the live support isnt live either.
any help welcome
I used 0845 5199415 mate.
911-help-me-wanda
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2014-02-05, 03:12)davilla Wrote: [ -> ]911-help-me-wanda