Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution problem when switching HDMI input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I got some new toys for xmas and have a few minor problems. Maybe anyone can help me to find a point to start searching from.

The System atm:

HTPC:
Asus P5Q-E
4GB Korsair XMS
Intel Q9850
AMD Radeon HD4650
Win7 Pro 64bit
Software: XBMC, PowerDVD13

AVR: Yamaha RX-V775

TV: Sharp Aquos LC-46LE700E

SAT: TT-Micro S810 HDTV

FB: Logitech Harmony 600

LS:
2x Dali Zensor 1
1x Dali Zensor Vokal
1x Dali Sub E12-F

SetUp:
From HTPC and SAT with one HDMI each for sound and picture to AVR. From AVR with one HDMI to TV (picture only).

When I switch HDMI input on the AVR from HDMI1 (HTPC) to HDMI2 (SAT) and back to HDMI1, ich get a FullHD desktop and an XBMC at only 1024x768 (see Picture).

This is not reverseable, I have to restart XBMC. BUT I am not really sure that this is XBMCs fault. Anyone know where to start looking?

Thx 4 F1.

st.
Try extracting the edid of the TV and make windows use that. This way it will think the TV is always connected. Loads of info about this on avsforums
Could you be a bit more precise?
Google: extract edid windows

It will do a better job than me.
Try pressing \ on the htpc keyboard, or an equivalently mapped remote key.
Sorry I misread you post, try what nickr said. Strange why it happens though.
Quote:Strange why it happens though.
True.
And what nickr said worked, but it doesn't solve the problem. But what does the / anyway? Resolution reset? Windowed mode on/off?
I'll try to get it to work somehow, there must be a way to fix this.

But thx for the work-a-round Smile.

EDIT: If I deaktivate the "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option, it works. I accidentally noticed that every open window was set at the same small resolution, but were not visible due to XBMC beeing "on top" of all. Now that I have a "true Full screen mode" the problem is gone (or at least didn't come up the last three "input switches").
But I don't know if I'll get any other problems with this option disabled. We'll see ...