Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Worked Great for 2 months, now refusing to connect.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an iPhone 5 with the xbmcRemote app. I set it up about two months ago and it worked beautifully on my Windows 7 box.

The other day it refused to connect. Of course, I haven't changed any settings. But I double-checked and the IP address, the MAC address and the password fields are all correct. I killed the app, restarted it on my iPhone. Doesn't work. I rebooted my iPhone. Doesn't work. I rebooted my DVR. Doesn't work. From what i can see, there is no logical reason why it shouldn't connect.

The only thing I have done differently is I have gotten into downloading bittorrents on my host server which is a different machine than the DVR the xbmcRemote is supposed to connect to. Would there have been a change to my ports having started downloading bittorents that would cause the xbmcRemote not to connect?
Put your iPhone into flight mode and turn wifi on, see if it can connect.
I've found recent firmware changes sometimes prefers carrier data over wifi.

Also try turning off your torrent client temporarily, it may be saturating the network.
This and big file transfers have caused me connection issues in the past.