Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12.2 - Win 7 - Video Playback slow - laggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I been using windows - xbmc version for many years now so not a newbie.
All older versions pre version 12.2 were fine till I upgraded or did a clean install.

All my movies played fine till I upgraded/installed Frodo 12.2 - AeonNox theme.

The playback of the video of either mkv or avi's become slow/laggy and xbmc becomes unresponsive. However on previous versions of xmbc these movies played fine!

I have a dual core AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, Wind 7, HDMI to LCD display, SP-DIF/ optical to audio 5.1.

Please help...im loosing my patients with this version.I am close to reverting to version 12.0 again.
Any settings I should test/pointers to help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Could be your audio settings, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
My audio (i believe) is fine as I did have issues but resolved it... all other movies (.mkv 5.1 audio & .avi 2 channel) plays fine. I will take a look at your link though.

I had used the posted link before to sort out my audio issues. Does xmbc have built in codecs?
Yes codecs are built into XBMC.

If you're still having problems then a debug log might tell us why, see log_file (wiki)
The newer the XBMC version the more complicated it get due to more options. Everything have to configure perfectly correct for it to playback fluently. Have you did all of these settings?

-Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback
-Audio configuration should be very similar to below

I have uploaded the log. http://pastebin.com/J5VXdnhN
I tried to watch a famous new movie - USA Hustle which would not work. Windows Media Player works fine.
Another one is fast five film, this did work on previous version of xbmc.

Any help or pointers appreciated
(2014-01-15, 11:39)p33tew Wrote: [ -> ]I have uploaded the log. http://pastebin.com/J5VXdnhN
I tried to watch a famous new movie - USA Hustle which would not work. Windows Media Player works fine.
Another one is fast five film, this did work on previous version of xbmc.

Any help or pointers appreciated

Try the following settings:

Audio output: Optical/Coax
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: enabled
All other capable receiver options: disabled
Audio output device: Directsound - SPDIF
Passthrough output device: Directsound - SPDIF
I have the logitec 5.1 surround sound so would the 2.0 speaker config work? Im using SP/DIF as audio connection

Is there in depth reading on all these config items?
SPDIF is a 2 channel interface, this is the raw bandwidth expressed as uncompressed LPCM channels, formats such as Dolby Digital are lossy compressed audio so take up much less bandwidth than the uncompressed LPCM, therefore DD 5.1 fits down and LPCM 2.0 interface.

See AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki) for more detail on the settings.
I will have a go tonight.
Thanks JJD-UK
If you have not try Realtek, you can give it a shot. It work very well with SPDIF/Optical. You can download it from here- High Definition Audio Codecs...

I don't use it because my systems all have HDMI, but I have tried Realtek on three of my AVR's. It works great....
So this is now fixed by changing the audio settings to the screenshot above - which is odd because the sound has worked fine. It was playing back video. Learnt something new!!!

So I have a logitec 5.1 z5500 connected via SP-DIF to a windows 7 htpc
Windows 7 - HDMI for video.
Xbmc Frodo 12.2 - Aeon Nox

Last question - Is there a way to see all the movies which are cam's or telesync? Im guess smart playlists but all would be sd 480 so is there a smarter way?

Thanks to everyones help