Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question on Rearranging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hopefully this is easy enough, as I'm not looking to actually rework any functionality.

I separate my movies out into two playlists, one with only kids movies and one with no kids movies. Then I have TV separated into 5 genre playlists. I use those all those playlists in lieu of the default Movies and TV Shows functions.

So I would like to do one of two things:

a) I would like to simply use the Movies shelf widget on another menu item, and the TV Shows shelf item on another menu item(s)

or

b) Rearrange the menu items so Movies and TV Shows are up top and my custom menu items are arranged in order afterwards.

I'm using OpenELEC.
I was able to figure this out by re-ordering the <item> blocks in includes.xml, then changing associations int he home-shelf.xml... those file names are likely wrong, I'm at work. In any case it worked and I felt pretty good about figuring it out.

And that was AFTER learning how to work with Putty and SSH and change samda share settings... Yay progress.
(2014-01-16, 17:41)Westane Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to figure this out by re-ordering the <item> blocks in includes.xml, then changing associations int he home-shelf.xml... those file names are likely wrong, I'm at work. In any case it worked and I felt pretty good about figuring it out.

And that was AFTER learning how to work with Putty and SSH and change samda share settings... Yay progress.

Great! Unfortunately, there is no easier way.
Didn't need to be easy, just functional. Every other (nice) skin is SOOO SLOOWWW on my Celeron NUC.