Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: out of range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I recently bought an Android XBMC and it was working except that the words were disappearing off either side of the page. The seller recommended I hit setup and change the aspect which was 720/60 (I think!). First, went to lower numbers 576 or 480 and the content got larger and I was losing more off of the page. Then changed to the highest number 1080. Since then when I try to go onto the AV page that XBMC is playing through the only thing that I see is "out of range" and none of the buttons on the remote do anything. I've so far unplugged everything and turned all relevant things off and on, but nothing seems to change the fact that nothing appears on the page...except "out of range". I expect that my Sony 26" TV is not capable of 1080 but I'm hoping somebody out there might have a suggestion.
Thanks in advance..BarneyR
Yes it's likely that your display device is not capable. You might try deleting/rename guisettings.xml file in the xbmc/userdata folder, it should rebuild with something capable. You might also try the keyboard slash to toggle windowed mode to see if it will run within the O/S constants. If you can get to seetings>system>video output there is a video calibration tool, see what does for you.
If words are off the edge of your screen you need to turn off 0verscan on your TV.
Hi there PatK, I guess I'm looking at connecting it to a PC then as I've only tried playing throygh my Sony TV. Where might I find these "guisetttings" files, thanks
(2014-01-18, 13:21)BarneyR Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there PatK, I guess I'm looking at connecting it to a PC then as I've only tried playing throygh my Sony TV. Where might I find these "guisetttings" files, thanks

Your first sentence makes no sense. Your second sentence is answered in the wiki.