Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-26, 07:32)Daydream Wrote: [ -> ]Please look at how many users are there versus how many original skins. To make a true original thing is not so easy or there would've been 1000 skins for XBMC.

Exactly... so be happy with what others are sharing.

Quote:I've heard this argument before "don't like it - make your own". This gives license to everybody to do whatever they like.

Its all open source, so everybody is free to do what they like.

Quote:Which is their right and I have no problem with it. I was just curious if a bit more accountability is possible and maybe some open discussions about design and choices and less about "who's right / who's wrong".

So you want the authors to justify their choices? How about this - the person who is doing all the work wants it that way. Simple.

(2014-01-26, 07:31)markp2112 Wrote: [ -> ]-1

Daydream took the time to fully elaborate a strong opinion. Nothing wrong with being honest .

So you created a account to support daydream? Welcome to the forums Daydream, eh, I mean markp2112...
(2014-01-26, 07:10)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 06:56)Daydream Wrote: [ -> ]What's my point? Well, respectfully I disagree with the direction NOX it's taking....

There is nothing stopping you from forking Aeon Nox 4 and making it compatible with Gotham, or even making your own skin that does exactly what you want. If you don't have the skill to do so be happy with the fact that people who put lots of their precious time into making skins are kind enough to share their hard work with you. Beggars cant be choosers.

(2014-01-26, 07:35)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 07:32)Daydream Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 07:26)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you think All the skinners came from?

Please look at how many users are there versus how many original skins. To make a true original thing is not so easy or there would've been 1000 skins for XBMC. I've heard this argument before "don't like it - make your own". This gives license to everybody to do whatever they like. Which is their right and I have no problem with it. I was just curious if a bit more accountability is possible and maybe some open discussions about design and choices and less about "who's right / who's wrong".

So your argument is if it's hard, then I can't do it.

All of the skinners had their own ideas and decided to make their own.

I reread the post and struggle to see how you came to this ?
(2014-01-26, 07:37)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]So you want the authors to justify their choices? How about this - the person who is doing all the work wants it that way. Simple.

Daydream took the time to fully elaborate a strong opinion. Nothing wrong with being honest .

So you created a account to support daydream? Welcome to the forums Daydream, eh, I mean markp2112...

Whoever wants to waste their time can actually check the IPs. No I don't do stuff like this. Maybe there are more like me that don't write often considering how passive-aggressive things get really fast.

But anyways. I did not write "this thing is %^&*". I took the time to write something with a beginning, a middle and an end. I mentioned more than once my respect for the devs. I said my piece. If BigNoid deems any of my question worthy enough to answer them, or to elaborate or to just say "Yo!" I'd appreciate that he actually took time from coding/designing to read my so-not-Twitter style post.

As for the rest your opinions on things (and probably on life in general) differs greatly from mine and will probably remain like that and we'll all go on our marry way.
(2014-01-26, 07:10)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 06:56)Daydream Wrote: [ -> ]What's my point? Well, respectfully I disagree with the direction NOX it's taking....

There is nothing stopping you from forking Aeon Nox 4 and making it compatible with Gotham, or even making your own skin that does exactly what you want. If you don't have the skill to do so be happy with the fact that people who put lots of their precious time into making skins are kind enough to share their hard work with you. Beggars cant be choosers.

Thats actually what Im doing with a mix of my modified 4.1.9 and nox 5's ability to work in gotham. Its too difficult to part with my modified nox 4 git... I like it too much and took me too long to get it exactly how I want, but there are some nice things in 5 like the new OSD, great work. But I like the views I use and the cases and flags and all the bells and whistles to much. Plus I dont use touch devices, I cant stand them lol so I don't really need a slick skin.

But I am happy nox is being worked on again, and it will allow me to improve my version to be even better Smile
thanks for you're hard work BN!
(2014-01-26, 07:54)Daydream Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 07:37)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]So you want the authors to justify their choices? How about this - the person who is doing all the work wants it that way. Simple.

Whoever wants to waste their time can actually check the IPs. No I don't do stuff like this. Maybe there are more like me that don't write often considering how passive-aggressive things get really fast.

But anyways. I did not write "this thing is %^&*". I took the time to write something with a beginning, a middle and an end. I mentioned more than once my respect for the devs. I said my piece. If BigNoid deems any of my question worthy enough to answer them, or to elaborate or to just say "Yo!" I'd appreciate that he actually took time from coding/designing to read my so-not-Twitter style post.

As for the rest your opinions on things (and probably on life in general) differs greatly from mine and will probably remain like that and we'll all go on our marry way.

mmm, ok I'm agree that you had your opinion its fine by me but let me share with you mine,
I been here for a really long time I see so many skins came and go , as amazing skinners , just want you to remember this is open source make a new skin is months of coding , and the developer is doing it without charging us for his work , BigNoid is one of the old skinners and very skillful, he had the right to decide what to do with his time if he decide not to make something we had to respect his decision, if you don't like theres always a mods and are a lot easier that a complete skin ,

I have seen so many sking since my days on the Xbox and believe me you don't want to use pm3 anymore that was the official skin until blackbolt team and his 360 skin that's when the skin word start confluence is kind of new, thanks to jezz_x , but is a simple skin nothing like Aeon nox ,

If we don't like a skin just say thanks for the hard work and use the one you like , its impossible for a skinners to make the perfect skin everyone had his own opinion that's why there is so many , so what do you said if we stop until the skin is done to had a better idea what BigNoid is sharing

For now our only work is to find bugs and help the skinners to make one step closer the perfect skin

Edit:
Aeon Nox 4 is a really heavy skin and there is so many devices not a powerful as a htpc and AN4 don't run smooth on all devices that's why I understand why BN is making v5 lighter,
I really liked Nox 4.0, but there were many tiny things that bugged the crap out of me. Rather than asking phil/BN to change them, I just did it myself and called it a day. If you really love Nox 5.0 but really wished it had rounded edges, when it's finished go make it round.

Ultimately the skin is for the skinner, not the users. BN openly said it was/is more simplistic. Since I like a little more flash than BN does, I'll probably end up adding in some shinies later on(logos/dvd covers/etc).
The whole reason I started with Nox was to create a version of Aeon that would just scroll fast through the showcase view Wink
And while 4.x.x was great fun to make, in the end it became horribly slow and that was not my intention for Nox when first creating it.

Designs change throughout the years, especially GUIs. I like the clean and flat looks of modern GUIs and I bring some (Nox core design can never be flat) of that to Nox with version 5.
In the end it will be simple, if you want to keep 4.0 and move to Gotham, you'll have to make the 4.x.x version Gotham compatible yourself or hope that someone else will do so.

I'm sure you understand I cant hold a user referendum on the direction to take with Nox Wink
It will easier to modify AN5 than 4.xx lol
(2014-01-26, 02:48)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]Great job on the skin, looks great so far. I haven't been able to assign local album covers to music albums. If I browse to an album jpg, it won't show a preview and doesn't do anything if I try to select the local image. Do you know if this is a skin or Gotham issue?

Looks like it might be Gotham, the music scrapers don't seem to be using all of my local covers.

For me, Gotham has been doing a pretty good job with anything named "folder.jpg" - the older files with a ".tbn" extension, while still technically supported, don't always seem to scan for me either. I'm taking a break from going through checking file types and sizes to convert my library to the "new" method as we speak. (Sorry for the off-topic from Nox 5.)

I haven't tried Nox 5 yet, as I mostly use XBMC for music, and waiting until BigNoid says the release is ready... Still happy enough with how Nox 4 is running on Gotham for now - some odd display overlaps, but no deal breakers. That said, even though I only use XBMC on a HTPC, I'm looking forward to seeing how quick the interface can be when it's slimmed down as he envisions. I don't need the HTPC to have tons of bells and whistles - the interface is just there to get me to the content. As soon as I have either a movie or music playing, I don't see the interface anymore...
Hello BigNoid,

I found a bug in the series info screen concerning the watched and unwachted episodes counter, i gave an example of the data being displayed.

2 watched episodes out of 8 in total
Seasons 1 ; episodes 8 ; unwatched 8 -> although 2 episodes are watched so unwatched should be at 6

all episodes have been watched
seasons 1 ; episodes 8 ; unwatched 7 -> it always displays unwatched as (all episodes -1) at the moment
(2014-01-26, 13:06)Walt74 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello BigNoid,

I found a bug in the series info screen concerning the watched and unwachted episodes counter, i gave an example of the data being displayed.

2 watched episodes out of 8 in total
Seasons 1 ; episodes 8 ; unwatched 8 -> although 2 episodes are watched so unwatched should be at 6

all episodes have been watched
seasons 1 ; episodes 8 ; unwatched 7 -> it always displays unwatched as (all episodes -1) at the moment

Yeah I've noticed that. I'm sure I am using the right label to display the unwatched count, but in video info it shows the wrong number. Its a bug in xbmc. I'll look into that.
@BN

any chance to become the old "watched" logo for movies back from AN4 ?
Also a bug on windowed mode the playing widget cd is not keeping aspect
(2014-01-26, 13:45)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]@BN

any chance to become the old "watched" logo for movies back from AN4 ?

While they looked great, it was a problem for international use.
Easy enough to change though. The new ones are the same dimensions as the old ones. If you add a folder in the media directory 'overlays/showcase' and put the OverlayWatched.png from v4 there it will show the old flag for watched items. You have to wait for me to release the source before you can delete the current one though.

(2014-01-26, 13:45)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]Also a bug on windowed mode the playing widget cd is not keeping aspect
It does keep ar here. You sure your windowed size is 16:9?
Hi, I haven't installed Gotham, therefore not Nox5 neither.

I was just wandering and could not check it in the video on post 1... did you keep my backgrounds as default or are there new ones?

I ask just by curiosity, if you want to drop them out in Nox5 no ego problem for me

regards