Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adding the ability to use random movie fanart as backgrounds for video playlists has been mentioned several times in this forum. I am wondering if there are any future plans to add this feature?
(2014-06-07, 00:20)soopuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks. Great skin, thanks to all involved.

I am looking to have a custom menu item go directly to a folder on my source (my NAS video folder). At the moment, I can select Videos, then files, then the source, then navigate to the folder I want.

Is there a way to get straight there from the custom menu? I have been trying to read about ActivateWindow but I'm getting lost. Do I have to edit the skin code to get this?

Any help much appreciated.
Yeah, Look up the share name in samba code and use
Code:
ActivateWindow(Videos,smb://<name_to_share>,return)
and use that as a custom action.

(2014-06-07, 00:55)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Adding the ability to use random movie fanart as backgrounds for video playlists has been mentioned several times in this forum. I am wondering if there are any future plans to add this feature?
Yeah I would like to add that, the thing holding me back is the fact that smart playlist cant be used to filter out items that dont have fanart. I'm looking for a way to use a script for it but that is easier said then done.
@BigNoid

Any plans to implement Small Shift in Nox5?

I could likely edit the skin to decrease the size, but it might be worth a mass include. It's a great way to show off a wider number of films/items while also placing some emphasis on fanart.

I also have a network icon for CurrentTV that i'd like to commit if you're taking them. Created it for my own install of Nox4, may as well share it now.
(2014-06-06, 14:49)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-06, 13:44)bokkoman Wrote: [ -> ]When I do a fresh install of the github source of AN, the whole menu's are all very f@#ked up. All out of order, missing menu labels etc.
Is something wrong with the github source?

I don't believe there's been any changes to the menus on Nox5's side. Perhaps a screenshot might better illustrate what the problem is, and a debug log (wiki) might tell us why there's the problem.

I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.
Hi BigNoid,

Hi BigNoid,

How can be launched the Artwork Downloader for all the library??

Thanks,
@batmanraid Make a submenu entry to the addon and run it.
I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

Aeon Nox Version 4 wall:

Aeon Nox Version 5 icons:

Is it possible to expand the infowall to include another 9 movies or more? The bottom of the panel could be moved up to accommodate title and codec info below.

(2014-06-04, 10:22)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
My recent epiodes and movies widgets have stopped displaying any info, just a spinning circle and I'm unable to select them. When I scroll to tv-shows I can briefly see one popup. The program + music widgets display info correctly.
Looks like it was a problem with guisettings.xml -upgrading to 13.1 and reinstalling an5 didn't help but reconfiguring the widgets got the recently added widgets displaying info.
(2014-06-07, 23:30)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

You can try my Aeon Nox 5 mod, it has a wall view that displays 27 posters. Alternatively, it probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to add my wall view to Nox 5.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192623
(2014-06-07, 23:30)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]I know asking for new views months after the release is unlikely to get me anywhere, but after setting up this skin for my father, I started using it myself and noticed the omission of a proper wall view. I like the icons view, but for larger collections, I find it inadequate. Currently, there are 14 movies per screen in icons view and 15 in infowall. This compares to the 27 per screen in Aeon Nox 4:

Aeon Nox Version 4 wall:

Aeon Nox Version 5 icons:

Is it possible to expand the infowall to include another 9 movies or more? The bottom of the panel could be moved up to accommodate title and codec info below.

+1
Hi guys,

love the Aeon Nox 4 build so gave this one a go.

Have some trouble when mapping to a specific folder it displays as a list rather than the scaped data if that makes sense?

My folder structure is Data\Movies\HD.Movies
If I add the whole "movies' folder it ads BluRay, DVD, 3D etc..

If I have a sub menu under Movies that is (activatewindow):\\smb<data\movies\hdmovies\ it does take me directly to HD Movies, but not in a scraped with details format, its a just a file list.

ill try put some time aside to look through all the comment tomorrow but if someone has a quick answer for me that'd be tops.

Cheers,
DeeG

removed151214

(2014-06-08, 14:23)d33g33 Wrote: [ -> ]Have some trouble when mapping to a specific folder it displays as a list rather than the scaped data if that makes sense?

My folder structure is Data\Movies\HD.Movies
If I add the whole "movies' folder it ads BluRay, DVD, 3D etc..

If I have a sub menu under Movies that is (activatewindow):\\smb<data\movies\hdmovies\ it does take me directly to HD Movies, but not in a scraped with details format, its a just a file list.

You're linking to the source, so you're seeing the file list. To see the contents of that folder within the library view, take a look at smart playlists (wiki) - a rule with "Path" "contains".

(2014-06-07, 11:51)Radar Wrote: [ -> ]I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.

I believe Nox 5.5.x is for Helix (XBMC 14) - install 5.1.x, either from the repo or the Gotham branch on github.
(2014-06-07, 22:47)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]@batmanraid Make a submenu entry to the addon and run it.

Vaikin,

Done!!!! Thanks!!!!!
(2014-06-08, 06:39)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]

You can try my Aeon Nox 5 mod, it has a wall view that displays 27 posters. Alternatively, it probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to add my wall view to Nox 5.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192623

I don't mind your wall view but I'd prefer something with more white space (perhaps with the movies in a panel). Retrofitting the infowall to hold more movie cases would make the most sense. The label at the bottom containing the title and codec information would be a challenge for space, as there is no room for a title. If nothing else, however, I'd take the wall view you created.
(2014-06-07, 11:51)Radar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-06, 14:49)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-06, 13:44)bokkoman Wrote: [ -> ]When I do a fresh install of the github source of AN, the whole menu's are all very f@#ked up. All out of order, missing menu labels etc.
Is something wrong with the github source?

I don't believe there's been any changes to the menus on Nox5's side. Perhaps a screenshot might better illustrate what the problem is, and a debug log (wiki) might tell us why there's the problem.

I to get the same as bokkoman. Completely clean and fresh install of 13.1 (released 5/6) and Aeon Nox 5.5.1 from the download link in the 1st page. Before installing 13.1, I removed from Program Files and UserData so it's a clean install.

Same here!!