Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-12, 06:48)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]About a page back I requested a larger icons/movie wall that holds more movies per screen. I suggested amending the existing infowall, removing the fanart and plot outline and replacing it with additional movie posters. I decided to give this a try myself and came up with a movie wall that expands the existing 15 in infowall to a total of 24 titles:

Of course, this is not a finished view and I have no idea what I'm doing with XML coding (I was just playing around with the view for an hour or so). I was hoping someone here could complete the following:

1. Add the floor labels from icons view to the modified infowall (I think they would have to be resized - and that could be problematic!):

The floor labels are in MyVideoNav.xml. You'll need to add the code below to the visibility tag to get them to show up on InfoWall. Either line 63 or 184, or both. I can't remember which, it's been a long time since I looked at this code.

Code:
Control.IsVisible(51)
(2014-06-12, 07:29)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-12, 06:48)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]About a page back I requested a larger icons/movie wall that holds more movies per screen. I suggested amending the existing infowall, removing the fanart and plot outline and replacing it with additional movie posters. I decided to give this a try myself and came up with a movie wall that expands the existing 15 in infowall to a total of 24 titles:

Of course, this is not a finished view and I have no idea what I'm doing with XML coding (I was just playing around with the view for an hour or so). I was hoping someone here could complete the following:

1. Add the floor labels from icons view to the modified infowall (I think they would have to be resized - and that could be problematic!):

The floor labels are in MyVideoNav.xml. You'll need to add the code below to the visibility tag to get them to show up on InfoWall. Either line 63 or 184, or both. I can't remember which, it's been a long time since I looked at this code.

Code:
Control.IsVisible(51)

Thanks, I found the labels. As expected, they were too large. So I copy and pasted the code for the old label and adjusted the position to fit this mod. So now there are two versions of the same label and I probably duplicated some unnecessary code in the process because I don't really know what I'm doing.

I think icons is still a more attractive wall view overall, but it is nice to have another option for browsing large collections.

If someone can fix the scroll bar, I'll be set. Currently, the scroll bar is on the right but must be accessed by moving to the left. I have no idea how to remedy this?

Modified Infowall:

I would also like my infowall back. So I'll have to figure out how to create a new view from this code an integrate it into the skin.

If anyone with better coding knowledge can create a superior movie wall, I'd be happy to see it!
Hi, not sure if it has been asked but I can't find it anywhere in the thread.
Is it possible to remove the Play controls while playing a video?
Hi.
I've updated to 13.1 Gotham and Aeon Nox 5.1.2.
Everything works fine, but when i change the view to "logo",
only shows me the name from the movie.
The same when i play a movie. It only displays the time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o03oqjgv96jmc6/Unbenannt.jpg

What i'm doing wrong?
(2014-06-12, 11:53)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, not sure if it has been asked but I can't find it anywhere in the thread.

Hmmm, yeah, just pressing Esc on keyboard. But these should show by default, and only when OSD is activated
How hard would it be to bring the banner tv show view from 4.1.9 over to 5? I just prefer to have fewer and lower icons to see the fan art. If the banners fill up the whole screen, where is the point in fan art?
(2014-06-12, 19:09)Chris_82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

What i'm doing wrong?

Did you check if you have the logos downloaded? Check your settings for the artwork downloader, choose a title and automatically download the art for that title. Return to icons view and check if the logo appears for the the same title. If the problem persists, your version of the skin likely has a problem.

Did you download from the Git version? If you didn't select the Gotham branch at the top, I believe you may be using the version intended for Helix.

(2014-06-12, 11:53)Rouzax Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, not sure if it has been asked but I can't find it anywhere in the thread.

I think you would have to open the .xml and find the code related to the player controls and delete them. You could experiment with VideoOSD.xml located in the 1080i folder of the Aeon Nox addon folder.

Make a copy of the original and then remove the content that appears to deal with player controls. It probably isn't that difficult to figure out if you read the description of the images and items that relate to things such as bookmarks, play, pause, fast forward, skip forwards, etc. Notepad++ is great for this task.
Everytime I start my OpenELEC, I get an error of "Grab fanart failed to start". Is this a problem for others to?

/Söder
(2014-06-13, 07:15)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Chris_82' pid='1732841' dateline='1402592988']
Hi.

What i'm doing wrong?

Did you check if you have the logos downloaded? Check your settings for the artwork downloader, choose a title and automatically download the art for that title. Return to icons view and check if the logo appears for the the same title. If the problem persists, your version of the skin likely has a problem.

Did you download from the Git version? If you didn't select the Gotham branch at the top, I believe you may be using the version intended for Helix.

That was not the Problem. Confused Everything in the "Movies" and "TV Shows" settings from the Artwork Downloader is activated. I've downloaded the Skin from the xbmc.repo. I also tried the Aeon Nox 5 Minimalistic Skin, with the same problem! I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: I think i've found the problem. As soon as I changed the language from german to english, he found a lot of logos automatically. Why not in German?
@Warner306 i love you. thanks for that mod. this was the only reason I did not switch to this skin yet.

To make it perfect, can someone please mod the movie posters and add rounded corners or let me know how I can do it. I'd appreciate it.

Awesome skin, fantastic work! Thanks
Mod:

"Small Icons" view. Add all files for the view to be selectable within the skin. Offers choice of custom label at bottom-left or default genre information.

Small Icons (27 titles):

Small Icons (27) with Custom Label:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

Small Icons (27) with Default Label:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing
@Warner306
Change the beginning part of control 499 to:
Code:
<control type="panel" id="499">
                <posx>160</posx>
                <posy>125</posy>
                <width>1740</width>
                <height>900</height>
                <onright condition="Control.IsVisible(60)">60</onright>
                <onright condition="!Control.IsVisible(60)">SetProperty(MediaMenu,True,home)</onright>
                <onright condition="!Control.IsVisible(60)">SetFocus(9050)</onright>
                <onleft>SetProperty(MediaMenu,True,home)</onleft>
                <onleft>SetFocus(9050)</onleft>
                <onup>499</onup>
                <ondown>499</ondown>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <viewtype label="Small Icons">icons</viewtype>
                <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">300</scrolltime>
                <visible>Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)</visible>

Fixes that scrollbar and also fixes the top/bottom wrapping issues you described.
Thanks, that fixed it! I edited my post, but ran into another roadblock.
(2014-06-09, 03:21)infocus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys

Awesome update to this skin - thanks!

Question: the recordings list in the PVR view is huge - the font and line spacing are so big that only about 6 recordings fit on one page. Major WAF issue!

Is there any way I can easily change this in the skin?

Thanks

Sorry for the shameless bump, but is there any way to change this - i.e. reduce the font & line spacing in the PVR recordings view?

Cheers
(2014-06-15, 03:59)infocus13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-09, 03:21)infocus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys

Awesome update to this skin - thanks!

Question: the recordings list in the PVR view is huge - the font and line spacing are so big that only about 6 recordings fit on one page. Major WAF issue!

Is there any way I can easily change this in the skin?

Thanks

Sorry for the shameless bump, but is there any way to change this - i.e. reduce the font & line spacing in the PVR recordings view?

Cheers

I'd take a shot at changing it, but I don't have any access to Live TV. It should be an easy fix if you know the name of the font being used. All font settings are stored in Font.xml.

It sounds like it might be the standard List view. In that case, activating "slim list" in skin settings could also fix the problem.