Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to setup custom home menu items based on smart playlists as described on this wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_home_items
I have multiple XBMC clients and playlists are shared using path substitution. However these playlists don't show up in the Aeon Nox menu options. They do appear in the videos > playlists section of XBMC, and they do show up in skin settings on the machine with the source content.
Is this a limitation of the skin or a bug?

removed151214

(2014-06-17, 08:20)ztsmith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to setup custom home menu items based on smart playlists as described on this wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_home_items
I have multiple XBMC clients and playlists are shared using path substitution. However these playlists don't show up in the Aeon Nox menu options. They do appear in the videos > playlists section of XBMC, and they do show up in skin settings on the machine with the source content.

It's a limitation of XBMC's python command xbmc.translatePath which doesn't respect path substitution. So this isn't supported.

(Edited to remove any hope it may work in the future)
(2014-06-17, 09:11)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-17, 08:20)ztsmith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to setup custom home menu items based on smart playlists as described on this wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_home_items

It's a limitation of XBMC's python command xbmc.translatePath which doesn't respect path substitution. So, until this is fixed in XBMC, this isn't supported.

this is totally not supported and will likely never be fixed.
you are using path substitution for something it was never intended.
The volume bar in Aeon Nox 5 is expressed in dB's. Is it possible to change this to percentages?
ok bummer, thanks for a definitive response though.
Hello all,

everytime I get the search pop up to type the word I want to search, I can't use the arrow keys of the remote control. I need to use the keyboard to type the word.
Is that a normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.
(2014-06-17, 17:36)propuls1on Wrote: [ -> ]The volume bar in Aeon Nox 5 is expressed in dB's. Is it possible to change this to percentages?

+1, i'v been trying to do that for ages as well

(2014-06-17, 01:55)zag Wrote: [ -> ]Mmmm fanart list view is nice Smile

it is indeed ! care to share ? Wink
I'd like to share another amateur coder mod. I've added the season and ratings information from Logo view in Aeon Nox 4 into Aeon Nox 5. This is my favourite view for browsing TV shows and only television programs are affected. I'm not sure why this information is not there to begin with, but it has been added and incorporated into a previous mod that has its own thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1735593

Logo view with Season Stats:

I can share the label added to MyVideoNav.xml if it could be added in the next update.
I doubt most/any mods that we make will be added to the official skin and for good reason. Personally, imdb rating is more or less meaningless to me. A movie/tv show that has a shitty rating won't stop me from watching it if I really wanted to. Everything else can be useful, depending on the situation(kids, missing episodes, channel, etc).

Still, nice mod Smile
I only mentioned this addition because the ease of modding it. It's a few lines of code dumped into MyVideoNav. Otherwise, logo view is useless to me without episode/season information. It's a harmless addition.
Hi, i'm having trouble, downloading subtitles when the file is a ZIP to select diferent versions of subtitles. The menu to select the *.srt file from ZIP does not show on this skin. Is there a solution?

I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.5 (xbmc 13.1)
@Warner306 All those views are great! I suggest you open up a new Mod thread with all of them in one place. I'm sure a lot of people will find it very useful. Just a thought.

Thanks
(2014-06-18, 22:12)gold01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i'm having trouble, downloading subtitles when the file is a ZIP to select diferent versions of subtitles. The menu to select the *.srt file from ZIP does not show on this skin. Is there a solution?

I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.5 (xbmc 13.1)
Unzip them? Some containers(mkvs for one), allow multiple subtitle files to be incorporated into it. Also, xbmc will load all subtitle files in the media's current directory, as long as they share the same filename.
Post Deleted.
Gotta be careful with c/p. It's a good way to get things done in a hurry, but it can, and usually does, lead to mistakes.