Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only kept one system background. I changed it now to one default background (Gravity fanart) for all menus.
(2014-01-26, 13:57)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]It does keep ar here. You sure your windowed size is 16:9?

It is 16:9 , that's weird let wait if someone else having the same issue
BN..just wondering if you had a chance to look at the movie set issue I brought up earlier? (Post: #144) Thanks again!
I haven't done anything with moviesets. I'm still using the moviesets plugin myself and that works pretty good without adding skin support.
Thank you for your selfless work in skinning, much appreciated by all I am sure.
I think perhaps what may be the "disappointment factor" here is that people have always looked to Aeon Nox as "The Skin", meaning if you want bells and whistles and eye candy it was the skin.
I remember running XBMC on my ATV2 and being so jealous that it could not run Aeon Nox...so I built myself a dedicated HTPC for Nox, love the bells, whistles an all the eye candy. I love banner view for TV shows, I love logos and clearart and media flags...the more the better.
I think that Aeon 5 is a drastic departure from 4 and perhaps this is likely what is stemming some disappointment.
However, things change and people and skinners tweak..and tweak and tweak and tweak. I am sure a year from now, lookin at 5, it may end up being what it needs to be for most...if that makes sense.
Not an easy task being a skinner and answering everyone's whims and wants, if a skinner took direction from every user it may end up looking like

Heh, haven't thought of banners at all. Those will be back too in some form.
Really liking the smoothness of the new version.

Will 'fixed list' be incorporated in the showcase view? so it doesnt keep going round in circles? especially when you go into a set with only 2 film in it?

Also has anybody got extended info working on gotham yet?

Thanks for the great work.

Matt
The recent movies/tv shows widget doesn't seem to work here. There is a little windows that looks like its constantly refreshing (circlulating cirle). How do I fix this?
(2014-01-26, 17:07)matt77303 Wrote: [ -> ]Really liking the smoothness of the new version.

Will 'fixed list' be incorporated in the showcase view? so it doesnt keep going round in circles? especially when you go into a set with only 2 film in it?

Also has anybody got extended info working on gotham yet?

Thanks for the great work.

Matt

That is a global setting now in skin settings/general. Its either fixed lists everywhere or wrapped lists everywhere. (except submenu and shift view; those are always fixed)

(2014-01-26, 18:57)bokkoman Wrote: [ -> ]The recent movies/tv shows widget doesn't seem to work here. There is a little windows that looks like its constantly refreshing (circlulating cirle). How do I fix this?
Make sure you have a recent nightly and have the library provider script installed.
(2014-01-26, 19:25)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 18:57)bokkoman Wrote: [ -> ]The recent movies/tv shows widget doesn't seem to work here. There is a little windows that looks like its constantly refreshing (circlulating cirle). How do I fix this?
Make sure you have a recent nightly and have the library provider script installed.

I have it installed. Also recent nightly from openelec.
When do you think more views will be implemented?
(2014-01-26, 16:05)homerjs Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your selfless work in skinning, much appreciated by all I am sure.
I think perhaps what may be the "disappointment factor" here is that people have always looked to Aeon Nox as "The Skin", meaning if you want bells and whistles and eye candy it was the skin.
I remember running XBMC on my ATV2 and being so jealous that it could not run Aeon Nox...so I built myself a dedicated HTPC for Nox, love the bells, whistles an all the eye candy. I love banner view for TV shows, I love logos and clearart and media flags...the more the better.
I think that Aeon 5 is a drastic departure from 4 and perhaps this is likely what is stemming some disappointment.
However, things change and people and skinners tweak..and tweak and tweak and tweak. I am sure a year from now, lookin at 5, it may end up being what it needs to be for most...if that makes sense.
Not an easy task being a skinner and answering everyone's whims and wants, if a skinner took direction from every user it may end up looking like

+1

I just installed Aeon Nox 5 last night to see what its all about. For now I'm going to be sticking to 4 as there seemed to be things I wasn't able to set that I like in 5 so far (or I didnt find them yet).

I've been using Aeon and its spin-off's since djh_ released Aeon so many years ago. Keep up the great work BN. I look forward to seeing how Nox 5 matures.
Couple of things I've noticed

- System >> video output >> Video Calibration. Does not have the lines to line up the screen with.
- Music >> Artist >> icon view does not show the artist name below the icon. That makes it hard to find the artist you want
- Music >> Artist >> Album >> Track view is missing a narrow track view so we just see the track name, length and 5 star rating icon
(2014-01-26, 20:29)pletopia Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed Aeon Nox 5 last night to see what its all about. For now I'm going to be sticking to 4 as there seemed to be things I wasn't able to set that I like in 5 so far (or I didnt find them yet).

I've been using Aeon and its spin-off's since djh_ released Aeon so many years ago. Keep up the great work BN. I look forward to seeing how Nox 5 matures.

Well its a pre-release version, so yeah its not complete yet Smile

(2014-01-26, 22:24)zag Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of things I've noticed

- System >> video output >> Video Calibration. Does not have the lines to line up the screen with.
- Music >> Artist >> icon view does not show the artist name below the icon. That makes it hard to find the artist you want
- Music >> Artist >> Album >> Track view is missing a narrow track view so we just see the track name, length and 5 star rating icon
I dont see anything wrong with the calibration screen? Its the same as confluence for me.
Yeah, I'll probably add a different wall view with labels. Should be good for video addons like youtube too.
Tripanel is just missing the rating and is pretty decent for track listing. But a slim list option in normal list view might be worth looking into. Rating should probably be added to list/tripanel too for tracks.
I don't understand how you set sub menus under the custom home menus. It is only giving me 15 items to choose from. For instance, I want to set a video addon like Youtube there, but I don't see how to do it? In Nox 4, you just navigated to the item and selected it.

removed151214

(2014-01-27, 00:25)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand how you set sub menus under the custom home menus. It is only giving me 15 items to choose from. For instance, I want to set a video addon like Youtube there, but I don't see how to do it? In Nox 4, you just navigated to the item and selected it.

Above those 15 items it should say "Common (15)", then have an up and down arrow to the right hand side. Use the arrows to switch to the "Add-On"s.