Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Is there any way for you to fix the aspect ratio of icons, like the top bar when playing video, or the pause icon? It's always bugged me how they stretch depending on the window size. On my laptop, they look more ovalish when in fullscreen.
Thanks! Smile
(2014-01-30, 16:32)zag Wrote: [ -> ]The OpenELEC gotham test builds are very stable. I run it on my main HTPC with no problems.

There are a few known problems with gotham such as the install skin from zip and switch bug, but nothing that stops you running it day to day.

Gotham will be released when its ready but most of the team (and many others) are running it fine.

Thx for reply!

Yes, I know, ready when ready Smile

As I am running the latest official OE.tv release (3.2.4), do you happen to know I there will be an update (within OpenElec) from current 3.x to the Gotham release OR do I need to manually download, re-install and configure everything from a scratch?

Posted the q to the OpenElec forums too:
http://openelec.tv/forum/64-installation...4-0-gotham

//timo
(2014-01-31, 12:23)tjsuominen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 16:32)zag Wrote: [ -> ]The OpenELEC gotham test builds are very stable. I run it on my main HTPC with no problems.

There are a few known problems with gotham such as the install skin from zip and switch bug, but nothing that stops you running it day to day.

Gotham will be released when its ready but most of the team (and many others) are running it fine.

Thx for reply!

Yes, I know, ready when ready Smile

As I am running the latest official OE.tv release (3.2.4), do you happen to know I there will be an update (within OpenElec) from current 3.x to the Gotham release OR do I need to manually download, re-install and configure everything from a scratch?

Posted the q to the OpenElec forums too:
http://openelec.tv/forum/64-installation...4-0-gotham

//timo

You seem to be making things too difficult for yourself. Try this add-on: http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.devupdate/ once installed you can switch from the latest nightly version to the stable version all from xbmc at your choice...simple Smile
Or just copy the update files for the gotham nightly builds to the box and reboot. Thats all I did.

I needed to re-install tvheadend but thats only because i went to the 64bit version. It even kept all my settings.
(2014-01-28, 20:56)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-28, 17:08)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]OK but which script create those properties for exemple :

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovie.x.Thumb)]

I thought it was service.library.data.provider so I add VideoResolution property for building Live DVD background with resolution cases but

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestMovie.x.VideoResolution)]

are empty Sad

Is it Gotham standard properties ?
You can use Container(xxxx).ListItem.VideoResolution. Make a dummy list for showing the content you want and use for content:
Code:
<content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentmovies)]</content>
or just use Container(8000) (which are the widgets)
Just checked, its already available in the script, but it was not working properly. Just pushed a fix for it.

The properties I used for showing the cases are the xbmc builtin window (home) properties. They dont have videoresolution as infolabel.

Hi.

So, LiveDVD case background are filled with XBMC Gotham standard properties. If I want to get VideoResolution, I have to add a call to service.library.data.provider and fill a list with the result.

Before waisting my time to understand how can I do this. Did you plan to make Live DVD background for custom menus based on smart playlists ? If so, I guess that you will have to use your script instead of XBMC properties. So I just have to wait for this feature before modding this part of the skin.

Thanks.

(2014-01-29, 21:44)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 21:33)matt77303 Wrote: [ -> ]@ bignoid

Is it possible to get movie set info like eisi2005 in the normal movie libary view like 4.1.9 did? Would rather it all in one place. Instead of having to launch an addon.

Thanks

Matt
I see no reason to add tons of skin code to achieve the same layout. If you edit the sets submenu item to run the addon instead of opening the library item, it has the same effect.

OK so no informations displayed in info panel when you are browsing your library (and to not your moviesets collection using movieset submenu) and current item is a movie set Sad And no discart Sad

I think that you should not display info panel for movieset then.
Yeah, wait a bit before modding live cases. It will be supported in Nox with all listitem properties, so you can make the cases mod.
I think live cases for moviesets and all artwork for every movie in set can be displayed in the plugin. I first have to get to know this script and then see if I can make it faster.
*Subscribed.

Been a fan of Nox since the beginning, have been running 4.0.9 on Gotham (Alpha9) for a while now so interested to see what this is going to be like. Haven't been able to update OpenElec since the end of October due to skin issues on builds after this date, but maybe this is the right time to do so. So far it looks fresh and crisp (and FAST!), but I do have a few small questions:

I love my background artwork, so I was wondering if "low list", "bannerplex" and showcase (without coverflow) or similar views will make it to the final product. Furthermore, I noticed that on showcase for instance, a third of the fanart is darkened (on the left). Is this intentional? For views with the cover on the left, it kinda makes sense, but with the cover in the middle it looks strange.
Thanks BigNoid, and nice work so far.
BigNoid

why do you use scale for cdart?
PHP Code:
            <control type="image">
                <
posx>160</posx>
                <
posy>45</posy>
                <
width>360</width>
                <
height>360</height>
                <
aligny>top</aligny>
                <
aspectratio scaledifusse="false" align="left">scale</aspectratio>
                <
fadetime>300</fadetime>
                <
animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="4800" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="!Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
                <
texture background="true" fallback="special://skin/extras/cdart/default.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png</texture>
                <
bordersize>30</bordersize>
            </
control

its not better keep?
that fix my aspecratio on includehomerecent.... and musicvis......
(2014-01-25, 22:23)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]Like the new look. It's fast and clean. Couple of questions though. I noticed that text is a lot bigger and there is more blank space between items. In the TriPanel view you used to be able to fit 15 items on screen, now it's 12. In the list view you used to be able to fit 13 items, now 7. Is this the look you are going for, or is there going to be a more compact option for text? It's just a lot of scrolling, on my 50" tv everything looks too big and there's just a lot of wasted space.

I also noticed on the main menu the sub-menus take a second or 2 to show once you hit the down arrow, where before you had an option to always show them.

Also no logos in the corner on TriPanel (720p/1080p, channel name, ect). I think someone already mentioned this though.

Minor nitpick, but the 10 day weather forecast layout is kind of odd. Instead of a vertical view where you see the next day under the previous, every day goes left right, left right, ect. Visually it's just kind of hard to follow. If you are keeping the 2 column view, I think it would make more sense to go from top to bottom instead of side to side, if you get what I'm saying.

If I'm reading this correctly, are you saying that you can hide the sub menus. If so, where is this option.
(2014-01-31, 18:16)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]I love my background artwork, so I was wondering if "low list", "bannerplex" and showcase (without coverflow) or similar views will make it to the final product. Furthermore, I noticed that on showcase for instance, a third of the fanart is darkened (on the left). Is this intentional? For views with the cover on the left, it kinda makes sense, but with the cover in the middle it looks strange.

Dont think I will add those views. Adding views are very easy mods though, so I'm sure someone will add them if they are missed.

(2014-02-01, 07:56)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]why do you use scale for cdart?
Thats a c/p error. the scalediffuse tag shouldn't be there also. Will change that.
Since i switched to Aeon Nox 5 on my Raspberry Pi the Pi is accessing the Video DB every Hour (even it is not in use and only in Main Menue) and because my DBs are on a MySQL Server and i use the "Wake Remote Server" Option from Gotham Nightlys the Pi is wakeing my server every hour?

Which Option in Nox is the cause of the Video DB accesses? I use no Widgets, every setting is default.
(2014-02-01, 17:50)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]Since i switched to Aeon Nox 5 on my Raspberry Pi the Pi is accessing the Video DB every Hour and because my DBs are on a MySQL Server and i use the "Wake Remote Server" Option from Gotham Nightlys the Pi is wakeing my server every hour?

Which Option in Nox is the cause of the Video DB accesses?

There are two addons that run as a service and keep querying the database: script.grab.fanart and service.library.data.provider.
Try removing those to see if it fixes the issue. Yo will lose random backgrounds and widgets though.
What's your log, but share the complete in your other post is not showing anything
(2014-02-01, 10:31)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-31, 18:16)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]I love my background artwork, so I was wondering if "low list", "bannerplex" and showcase (without coverflow) or similar views will make it to the final product. Furthermore, I noticed that on showcase for instance, a third of the fanart is darkened (on the left). Is this intentional? For views with the cover on the left, it kinda makes sense, but with the cover in the middle it looks strange.

Dont think I will add those views. Adding views are very easy mods though, so I'm sure someone will add them if they are missed.

I for one will miss them Wink I can only hope you'll reconsider adding them again. I've tried looking through the xml's, but I'm no skinner and I have no idea where to begin. If you have a lot of TV Shows and are into fanart, bannerplex is the only view that has some overview of what you have. Same goes for showcase without coverflow. With the 3D effect it has now, you only have a good view of the active poster, but I usually browse per page. Please let it be clear, it's just my opinion and not criticism, I'm thankful for anything and all the work all you guys do.