Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-27, 22:05)Cowboy1968 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi mikesilvo164

Thank you for your help, but I do not believe its an addon or openelec issue as it was not happening with the previous two skins I was using, and I did not make any changes to my system other then changing to Aeon Nox. Also, there does not seem to be any logical reason why some of the tv series get removed. At first I thought it was because there were no episodes in the folder, but upon closer examination, its always the same tv series that get removed and there are other empty folders that do not get touched. I am going to try deleting my TV server and re addidng it to allow Openelec to rescrape all my shows while in the Aeon Nox screen and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks

The skin is just a window on top of Kodi. The option to see Unwatched, Watched or All Videos are the only skin-based variables that could impact what you can and can't see in a collection that is properly scraped.
Hi guys,

I am using Kodi Aeon Nox 5.6.0 on Helix and I have 3 clients with one database mysql and it is my first time ever using Kodi and my english ist not the best so I try to explain my problem. I´d like to built a submenu under my movies for watched and still in progress so I do not always need to search in my hole library for the movie again. It´s a set up for my bedroom where I start a movie before i go to bed to watch a little bit until I fell to sleep so sometimes I put a sleeptimer on and sometimes not because of my wife if she goes later to bed so this means that there a two things I need to have.
One is the scenario I put a movie with a sleep timer on and the other is that the movie played completely.

I hope I could explain my wish and hope you guys can help me out
(2014-05-08, 06:02)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm sick, and was bored so I made a few views for people...

#1 Showcase with covers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5ek7l...owcase.zip
Inside is View_53_Showcase.xml. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Also, there is a thumbs folder. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\ folder.
You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380(no idea if the placement in the code actually matters, but that's where I put it).
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <textwidth>255</textwidth>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>

It should look something like:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6053">
                    <description>LowList Toggle</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31093]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohighlist)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>
Now when on showcase view, in the side menu is an option to toggle cases on and off. The cases are only available when viewing movies(for obvious reasons).

#2 BigFan. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i59mm...BigFan.xml
Place View_591_BigFan.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Next, open MyVideoNav.xml and ",591" to the views available on line 5. Should look like:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,500,501,591</views>
Next, go down to line 60 or so and add the following:
Code:
<include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Should look like:
Code:
<include>BannerWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 58 -->
            <include>View_59_Logo</include>
            <!-- view id = 59 -->
            <include>VideoWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 500 -->
            <include>VideoLowList</include>
            <!-- view id = 501 -->
            <include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Last step, open includes.xml and add the following after line 23 or so:
Code:
<include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
Should look like:
Code:
<include file="View_59_Logo.xml" />
    <include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
    <include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
    <include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
    <include file="variables.xml" />

BigFan is available for Movies, tv shows and seasons.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh ya, any time there are updates to the skin these will all be lost and you'll have to redo it.

Im looking to get this on my Amazon FireTV but cant find the skins folder for the life of me. Anyone?
hey gusy i need your help please
after installaing the nice skin my homescreen looks like this

how to fix this?
Did you restarted kodi. It happened one time to me and just restarting did the trick. Or i just changed the skin to another then back to nox. Didn't remember well.
yes i restart and same problem
but after downloaing latest build for kodi 15 from github and releace it with old files in skin folder and it works now Smile
finally messing around with setting and loving how custom I can make things. One question though regarding what I can do with the background. I notice you can do live DVE cases for playlists. Can I have it be the bluray case instead? Also can I have it switch pictures at certain intervals? Kind of boring seeing the same stuff in alphabetical order.
(2015-08-02, 10:11)bleibach Wrote: [ -> ]hey gusy i need your help please
after installaing the nice skin my homescreen looks like this

how to fix this?

Go to System > Appearence > Skin >

Theme = default
Colours = Default
Especially Fonts = Default ( This is the cause of that issue )

regards, mccay_a
Technical Question - @BigNoid

The Top and bottom transparent bar on the main menu. I need these to be opaque

Where is Skin files can i do this

Regards, mccay_a
Artist slideshow seems to be broken in the skin at the moment. Now playing only displays the main fanart
I checked the addon folder and arts are been downloaded. So I have tried Xperience to be sure and there is an option for artist slideshow. When checked slideshow works OK

So I guess there might be a little change to make for this to work again in Aeon.
(2015-08-07, 05:18)mccay_a Wrote: [ -> ]Technical Question - @BigNoid

The Top and bottom transparent bar on the main menu. I need these to be opaque

Where is Skin files can i do this

Regards, mccay_a
Those are submenu_end.png and submenu_bar.png.
(2015-08-07, 17:19)RazorFR Wrote: [ -> ]Artist slideshow seems to be broken in the skin at the moment. Now playing only displays the main fanart
I checked the addon folder and arts are been downloaded. So I have tried Xperience to be sure and there is an option for artist slideshow. When checked slideshow works OK

So I guess there might be a little change to make for this to work again in Aeon.

Hmm last time i checked that was working. Will check.
(2015-03-13, 20:09)sglavach Wrote: [ -> ]Having a problem with music controls using an Amazon FireTV (AFTV) and associated remote... Once you start playing music there is no way to get the music player controls to appear. With a keyboard attached you can hit the 'M' key but no way with the limited buttons on the AFTV remote.

Since remapping remote with limited buttons is not desirable I am not sure of best alternative? Confluence handles it by placing controls in the "Stat Line" above the main menu. This could be a nice additional option to add.

Has anyone tackled this issue? Suggestions? If someone pointed me to the associated xml files to place controls in the stat line I could take a hack at it... I know enough to be dangerous if pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!
Hi 'sglavach'
Is there a solution for the music player and/or the player control?
I like the way it displays on the Confluence skin by placing the controls in the "Stat Line" above the main menu.
Can somebody point me to where I can add this option?
Thanks!
(2015-08-09, 16:45)brochild Wrote: [ -> ]Hi 'sglavach'
Is there a solution for the music player and/or the player control?
I like the way it displays on the Confluence skin by placing the controls in the "Stat Line" above the main menu.
Can somebody point me to where I can add this option?
Thanks!

Did you try pressing your enter/select button?

It should open the player controls in all media then you can close it using the back button.
Hi all, I recently upgraded to isengard on my Pi2 and everything looks and works great. I noticed in extended info when viewing an actors info, the new view (as opposed to helix) highlights the biography section. When pressing ok/enter on the highlighted section, it brings up a new window. This is outstanding! I love it and just wanted to ask if there was any plans on bringing this function to the standard plot/outline section in Nox.

That has crossed my mind and i didn't do it because of the plot/plotoutline toggle. But I am inclined to say that this is indeed better to have than that toggle. Probably will change it to that.