Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having problems with my sub menus. I have set up in my picture main menu. a sub menu for "Flikr's interesting" today and a couple of others. If I select the sub menu it plays well but if I select the main tab to see all the sub menus I have, I get a blank page. I tried to change action for the main tab but really not sure where I should point it to see my sub menus when dealing with addons.

Thanks
I am setting up my Aeon Nox 5.7.3 skin options on my windows 10 laptop, once I am happy with my set up I want to transfer it to my Android TV box.
My question is related to the main menu background path/s for the 'Set item background'.
When I set a background for my UK TV main menu option the images I want to use are in a folder named UK TV in my Kodi (Home) folder.
To set the background I choose UK TV>Set item background>Set multi-image background>Home folder>backgrounds>UK TV then choose ok, the backgrounds show OK in the menu, but the path has been set to C:\Users\MYNAME\Appdata\Roaming\Kodi\backgrounds\UK TV\, my concern is that when I transfer my build to my Android box my paths will be invalid as they point to the C drive on my laptop.
I have looked at a build I downloaded and the path is 'special://home/backgrounds/UK\, which I am assuming will work correctly on different platforms.
I cannot find out how to set my path as 'special' it is not one of the standard options as far as I can tell.
Can anyone tell me how to set my background paths using this special option so that they will be valid on different platforms?
There's a minor navigation bug on the info screen for movies/episodes; if you press 'back' when a cast member is highlighted, you're taken to the info screen for the cast member rather than backing out of the current info screen as expected.

Steps to reproduce it:
1) Bring up the info screen for a movie/episode
2) Press down twice to get to the cast
3) Press 'back' to try to back out of the info screen
Observe: The info screen for the highlighted cast member is opened up, as if you had pressed 'i'
Hi, sorry if this has come up before.

I recently upgraded my Kodi to 15.2 Isengard from Helix. Several days later, I have a strange issue: I have plot hidden for unwatched items at the system level. If I browse my library (List view) for unwatched episodes I can see the plot hidden ("* Hidden to prevent spoilers *"). Good so far.

However, when I start my video and press I (for Info), I get the plot appearing at the top of the screen now. All I used to get was the resolution, codec info etc in a simple small banner.

I don't know if this has appeared suddenly or always been there for Isengard. Is there an easy way for me to revert the Info panel?
(2016-01-25, 00:59)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]There's a minor navigation bug on the info screen for movies/episodes; if you press 'back' when a cast member is highlighted, you're taken to the info screen for the cast member rather than backing out of the current info screen as expected.

Steps to reproduce it:
1) Bring up the info screen for a movie/episode
2) Press down twice to get to the cast
3) Press 'back' to try to back out of the info screen
Observe: The info screen for the highlighted cast member is opened up, as if you had pressed 'i'
Not really a navigational bug, it is just coded that way cause the onclick is a builtin function that searches your library, so to add support for extendedinfo another action had to be used instead. You can try scrolling up and focusing the buttons before pressing back...
(2016-01-25, 15:51)richardb70 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry if this has come up before.

I recently upgraded my Kodi to 15.2 Isengard from Helix. Several days later, I have a strange issue: I have plot hidden for unwatched items at the system level. If I browse my library (List view) for unwatched episodes I can see the plot hidden ("* Hidden to prevent spoilers *"). Good so far.

However, when I start my video and press I (for Info), I get the plot appearing at the top of the screen now. All I used to get was the resolution, codec info etc in a simple small banner.

I don't know if this has appeared suddenly or always been there for Isengard. Is there an easy way for me to revert the Info panel?
Untested, but you can try replacing DialogFullScreenInfo.xml with the one from here.

Edit: If you are on Jarvis you will need to change the studio path from
Code:
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]
to
Code:
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png]
Many thanks @mikesilvo164, will try it later. Is this a known issue? I don't mind the plot coming up if I've already watched a show, but it's obviously not ideal for unwatched.
You could also press select and than it will toggle to show the cast instead of the plot. The setting persists, so you have to do this only one time.
Thanks @BigNoid, will do just that.
(2016-01-25, 16:08)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a navigational bug, it is just coded that way cause the onclick is a builtin function that searches your library, so to add support for extendedinfo another action had to be used instead. You can try scrolling up and focusing the buttons before pressing back...

But you can already press 'i' on the cast member to bring up the info screen, there's no need to have two buttons do the same thing is there?
(2016-01-25, 21:28)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-25, 16:08)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]Not really a navigational bug, it is just coded that way cause the onclick is a builtin function that searches your library, so to add support for extendedinfo another action had to be used instead. You can try scrolling up and focusing the buttons before pressing back...

But you can already press 'i' on the cast member to bring up the info screen, there's no need to have two buttons do the same thing is there?

By pressing 'i' you actually do 'back', its hardcoded in core to map the info button to 'back' in the info screens.
Still working on a better way to invoke extended info without losing the native search function. As of yet I havent had succes with that :/
(2016-01-26, 12:14)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]By pressing 'i' you actually do 'back', its hardcoded in core to map the info button to 'back' in the info screens.
Still working on a better way to invoke extended info without losing the native search function. As of yet I havent had succes with that :/
I originally tried having having two cast sections, one for search and another for EI, it looked... not so good.

I settled on using Global Search for searching, fading default "50", adding cast for actor info only but having to add EI as a dependency. Confused
(2016-01-26, 12:35)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 12:14)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]By pressing 'i' you actually do 'back', its hardcoded in core to map the info button to 'back' in the info screens.
I originally tried having having two cast sections, one for search and another for EI, it looked... not so good.

I settled on using Global Search for searching, fading default "50", adding cast for actor info only but having to add EI as a dependency. Confused

I found a very hacky, convoluted way of doing this. See https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...ea632c1465
(2016-01-26, 14:02)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]I found a very hacky, convoluted way of doing this. See https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...ea632c1465
Not so hacky Wink Works well in my brief testing Smile

By hacky do you mean the DoAction and ListItemAbsolute properties?
You stopped the extended info installs on opening DialogVideoInfo from RunPlugin by using includes and got rid of the onback so that seems like a win, win to me Nod
(2016-01-26, 15:33)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 14:02)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]I found a very hacky, convoluted way of doing this. See https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...ea632c1465
Not so hacky Wink Works well in my brief testing Smile

By hacky do you mean the DoAction and ListItemAbsolute properties?
You stopped the extended info installs on opening DialogVideoInfo from RunPlugin by using includes and got rid of the onback so that seems like a win, win to me Nod

The hacky part is imo that I have to use setfocus, action(select) and than setfocus again.
(2016-01-26, 17:38)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]The hacky part is imo that I have to use setfocus, action(select) and than setfocus again.
Not my best idea since navigation might be weird but what about an added conditional ondown that removes thumbnail_focused.png and highlights the actors name in themecolor and the label onclick does actor EI Huh