Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is no one answering my question Huh Im asking why are manual widgets not showing up? I can see in options that i set the widget but its not showing up
I installed Aeon Nox 5.8.5 from the skin settings in kodi 16.

When I disable a menu item ie Apps it won't stay disabled it just reverts back to enabled. Just wondering why it is doing that.

O/S - Android 4.4.2
(2016-03-12, 07:15)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Little bug in shows where you have over 99 episodes, needs to be moved to the right
Forgot about that one, will fix thx.

(2016-03-13, 05:50)ThatGuy93 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is no one answering my question Huh Im asking why are manual widgets not showing up? I can see in options that i set the widget but its not showing up
Yep, thats not working and removed in next version.

(2016-03-13, 09:08)Madisonung Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Aeon Nox 5.8.5 from the skin settings in kodi 16.

When I disable a menu item ie Apps it won't stay disabled it just reverts back to enabled. Just wondering why it is doing that.

O/S - Android 4.4.2
Cant reproduce that on my system.
Kodi 16, official Aeon Nox 5.8.5, no mods. I watched video and accidentally clicked Exit button on remote control. How do I return to full screen video mode afterwards. With Confluence I was able to invoke left side bar and click on "Full screen". Aeon Nox 5.8.5 does not have such menu item in left side bar.
I have been testing this skin on both a windows 8 machine and a pi 2. On the pi 2 it seems it appears set too wide to view properly. I cannot seem to find any setting that adjusts it. Anyone have any idea? Thanks for such a great skin.
(2016-03-14, 19:16)lawin1 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi 16, official Aeon Nox 5.8.5, no mods. I watched video and accidentally clicked Exit button on remote control. How do I return to full screen video mode afterwards. With Confluence I was able to invoke left side bar and click on "Full screen". Aeon Nox 5.8.5 does not have such menu item in left side bar.
Yep, thats not implemented. For now you can press back till on Home screen and than press back again to return to fullscreen. But it makes sense to have something like that in the side menu for limited remotes.

(2016-03-14, 23:46)nb2a Wrote: [ -> ]I have been testing this skin on both a windows 8 machine and a pi 2. On the pi 2 it seems it appears set too wide to view properly. I cannot seem to find any setting that adjusts it. Anyone have any idea? Thanks for such a great skin.

What do you mean with too wide? Screenshot would be preferred.
@BigNoid The custom select window is working flawlessly except for the second cast item. For some reason the SetFocus -(ActorID) is not working for position 1... No idea why it is not working for just that particular item and I could've sworn I checked it before now (possible Jarvis 16.1 RC 1 bug?).

I double-checked all the filled in props and they are all correct but if you select the second item over and over again it just continues advancing by one without restarting at position 0. Just an FYI since it probably only bugs me Tongue
Genre not showing complete or maybe needs to scroll

(2016-03-15, 22:28)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]@BigNoid The custom select window is working flawlessly except for the second cast item. For some reason the SetFocus -(ActorID) is not working for position 1... No idea why it is not working for just that particular item and I could've sworn I checked it before now (possible Jarvis 16.1 RC 1 bug?).

I double-checked all the filled in props and they are all correct but if you select the second item over and over again it just continues advancing by one without restarting at position 0. Just an FYI since it probably only bugs me Tongue
Hmm, I cannot reproduce this on Jarvis RC1 or Master.

(2016-03-16, 03:35)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Genre not showing complete or maybe needs to scroll
I'm pretty sure I never coded a preview thumbnail in LowList Smile
Is there any way I can increase duration for displaying cdart while playback in fullscreen? as default, it lasts only few seconds.
(2016-03-16, 10:45)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I cannot reproduce this on Jarvis RC1 or Master.
Strange... I can repeat it using latest nightly and Jarvis 16.1 RC 1 on GitHub Nox 5, my mod, and MiMic. Not sure if you use Windows but could it be a Windows only thing?
(2016-03-16, 03:35)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Genre not showing complete or maybe needs to scroll
(2016-03-16, 10:45)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure I never coded a preview thumbnail in LowList Smile
That looks similar to my version but I do not remember adding the episode thumb, must have somewhere along the line though... Tongue
I do not have genre in episodes section since an episode might have varying genres than the overall show does (like a musical special or something).
(2016-03-16, 14:45)hbonline Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way I can increase duration for displaying cdart while playback in fullscreen? as default, it lasts only few seconds.
Gonna post a line from my FAQ that may help:
Quote:4) How do I keep the Music info onscreen?
  • The info button toggles how music information is displayed. When it disappears press info to re-show it and never press it a second time to hide it. If it is hidden then it will display for 10 seconds after a song is played or the next track in your queue begins.
Has anyone gotten Nox working with Krypton? I installed it from Zip in TvOS after changing the GUI requiment to 5.11 to Krypton would allow it, but it didn't switch to it. Just checking if it's worth pursuing it further.

Thanks!
Krypton need DialogConfirm.xml and DialogNotification.xml to work.

I think you could edit your guisettings.xml and change to <skin>skin.aeon.nox.5</skin> then start Kodi to see if Aeon Nox 5 is now used.
(2016-03-16, 10:45)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
I'm pretty sure I never coded a preview thumbnail in LowList Smile

Installed from github
(2016-03-16, 23:35)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Krypton need DialogConfirm.xml and DialogNotification.xml to work.

I think you could edit your guisettings.xml and change to <skin>skin.aeon.nox.5</skin> then start Kodi to see if Aeon Nox 5 is now used.

I tried to change the skin in guisettings.xml, and it reverts back to Estuary, so I presume there's more work to be done there.

I was able to hack the Confluence skin to get what I mostly wanted - Smart Playlists from the Home Screen, but Aeon Nox is subtly nicer than Confluence, so I'd prefer to get it to work from there. I'm also trying to get it to work in TvOS, so there's the effort there as well.

I looked through the Estuary skin, and it's quite a bit more involved than Confluence for hacking, and I didn't find any recent documentation on the differences from old to new.

Thanks for the tip, though!