Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello forum comrades
thank you Big Noid & Team for this wonderful skin.. it just makes our movie night views the most enjoyable. (besides leaving a few friends jealous Big Grin )
If you or anyone here don't mind helping me; my question is: how can I enable multiple backgrounds to my set up? when I try to do it, I don't see the path to my local folders like in previous versions, I've activated "show hidden folders", I've been looking in the Aeon Nox original thread and no luck.
I am somehow familiar with the skin, I've been using and kind of modifying Aeon Nox (previous versions)& Aeon Madnox before.
your help is greatly appreciated.
Just moved from Confluence to Nox 5 (basically for the DTS-X and Atmos tagging mods) and do like the skin and it's customization abilities.

I have one issue, which is huge to me. My movie collection is very large so using many of the "views" take way to long to navigate the collection database.

In Confluence, I used the Media 3 view, which showed much of the Fan Art, a list of 15 or so movies to the left and a description of the movie and cover-art on the right.

I have not found anything like this in Nox 5. Closest would be the "list" view, but no Fan Art is really visible.

Are there additional "add-in" views or ways to change the transparency, etc of the existing views so that perhaps list view would work?

With all the abilities to customize this skin, I thought there would be some settings to help with that as well.
how would I go about adding media info view 3 from confluence skin to my aeon nox 5 setup?
(2016-03-24, 15:30)gullit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello forum comrades
thank you Big Noid & Team for this wonderful skin.. it just makes our movie night views the most enjoyable. (besides leaving a few friends jealous Big Grin )
If you or anyone here don't mind helping me; my question is: how can I enable multiple backgrounds to my set up? when I try to do it, I don't see the path to my local folders like in previous versions, I've activated "show hidden folders", I've been looking in the Aeon Nox original thread and no luck.
I am somehow familiar with the skin, I've been using and kind of modifying Aeon Nox (previous versions)& Aeon Madnox before.

hi.
I always leave my pictures in the home folder userdata

mine is C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\menu pictures alt,

when I click multi image then I just click the folder that says home folder, go into user data and then my image folder.

works everytime, I had same problem trying to access certain folders, hope this helped.
Hi have just switched to Aeon Nox 5 and are having some shutdown issue. I have a Chromebox running Kodi 15.2 and OpenElec 6.0.3 and when i try to shut down the unit it doesnt shut down and I get this screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h5k2anxjiz9cx...d.jpg?dl=0

Was told it was skin related. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
(2016-03-25, 20:39)L3em4n1980 Wrote: [ -> ]

hi.

when I click multi image then I just click the folder that says home folder, go into user data and then my image folder.

works everytime, I had same problem trying to access certain folders, hope this helped.

yes, that I know, the main problem is that I don't see any other folders but the ones where my repositories are listed. there is no "go up one folder" option or any other one.
I am using Kodi Jarvis with Aeon Nox Silvo - I was using Madnox before and work fine but a bit too heavy for android box.
(2016-03-25, 00:11)zigzag930 Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved from Confluence to Nox 5 (basically for the DTS-X and Atmos tagging mods) and do like the skin and it's customization abilities.

I have one issue, which is huge to me. My movie collection is very large so using many of the "views" take way to long to navigate the collection database.

In Confluence, I used the Media 3 view, which showed much of the Fan Art, a list of 15 or so movies to the left and a description of the movie and cover-art on the right.

I have not found anything like this in Nox 5. Closest would be the "list" view, but no Fan Art is really visible.

Are there additional "add-in" views or ways to change the transparency, etc of the existing views so that perhaps list view would work?

With all the abilities to customize this skin, I thought there would be some settings to help with that as well.

I use right list view, quick to navigate a large library and plenty of art work options.
(2016-03-26, 13:47)gullit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 20:39)L3em4n1980 Wrote: [ -> ]

hi.

yes, that I know, the main problem is that I don't see any other folders but the ones where my repositories are listed. there is no "go up one folder" option or any other one.
I am using Kodi Jarvis with Aeon Nox Silvo - I was using Madnox before and work fine but a bit too heavy for android box.

Use file Manager to add your folder: System> File manager> Add source> Browse> your folder location
I don't see a right list view as available option.

(2016-03-26, 18:51)Oggie101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-25, 00:11)zigzag930 Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved from Confluence to Nox 5 (basically for the DTS-X and Atmos tagging mods) and do like the skin and it's customization abilities.

I use right list view, quick to navigate a large library and plenty of art work options.
Using git version on oe krypton, can't see anymore addon update menĂ¹

Needed to switch to estuary skin to see it.

just my problem ?
(2016-03-26, 10:18)Neil123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi have just switched to Aeon Nox 5 and are having some shutdown issue. I have a Chromebox running Kodi 15.2 and OpenElec 6.0.3 and when i try to shut down the unit it doesnt shut down and I get this screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h5k2anxjiz9cx...d.jpg?dl=0

Was told it was skin related. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Highly doubt it is skin related. That screen you show should be after the skin has been unloaded so it seems like an OE bug. A debug log (wiki) on the OE forums is probably your best bet.
(2016-03-26, 13:47)gullit Wrote: [ -> ]yes, that I know, the main problem is that I don't see any other folders but the ones where my repositories are listed. there is no "go up one folder" option or any other one.
I know LFCFAN has already answered this but I just want to point out that this is the wrong thread for questions and support for my modded version of Aeon Nox 5 so just a friendly reminder to all reading to please post in the correct thread.
(2016-03-27, 22:08)zigzag930 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a right list view as available option.
I hate "advertising" my mod in this thread but I believe there is some confusion as to which thread is which so my modded version of BigNoids wonderful skin has this view as an option to pick from.
Feel a little dirty... like I need to go and wash up now Tongue
(2016-03-20, 08:50)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-19, 16:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-16, 03:35)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Genre not showing complete or maybe needs to scroll

Just installed version 5.8.6 from repository and still getting this view in low list. What do I need to modify to get rid of the thumb on the lower right?

Edit:
If I use version 5.8.6 with Isengard I get Runtime instead of Genre in lowlist view. I have spent quite sometime trying to find out what causes it with no luck. Is it possible that it is a nox bug when it was modified for Jarvis?

Fresh Jarvis install shows the same issue
Right, sry for that :/ Been there a long time but I don't remember adding or seeing it. For some reason I thought your screenshot was on tvshow level. Will fix, thx for report.

EDIT: fixed now
BigNoid, you have fix genre in GITHUB but 5.8.6 was prior to this fix, right.

In Low List, First aired is OK in english :

but in French (and maybe in other languages), there is not enough room :

Don't know if you can fix it by reducing central list width.
Hi Smile New to skin and it's really nice, thanks very much for your work on this.

I have a couple of issues that may be simple to fix. In "LiveTV Mod Settings", the sideblade options don't seem to do anything for me; I'm trying to hide Guide/Search but they're still in the sideblade after saving those settings. Also I can't see any difference with Enigma2-style OSD on or off, and I think I've checked every PVR UI screen with it on and with it off. Am I missing an addon to make this work properly?

Also a feature request; PVR Recordings only lets me select "List" view (is this right?) which wastes a lot of screen space; it has the recording title and then the description scrolling under it, with a screenshot in the bottom right. The top right space isn't used at all, the description could go there and then avoid the scrolling. However I guess the real request is how to get more view modes in this recording screen, as I only seem to be able to select List

thanks very much again Big Grin
This is my favorite Kodi skin and I had everything exactly as I wanted it in 15.2. Now I have a problem while playing a video since upgrading to 16.0. I searched this forum and scanned the last 40 pages or so and can't find an answer to my problem so if this has been answered please point me to the right place. When pressing 'I' for information I'm only getting a small bar at the top with the channel, age rating, resolution, sound encoding, video codec, and aspect ratio. In 15.2 the information screen displayed much more information including a thumbnail image for the show/episode and synopsis. How do I get the information display in 16.0 to be how it was in 15.2? Thanks for you help. Smile
(2016-04-04, 05:01)nelsonha Wrote: [ -> ]This is my favorite Kodi skin and I had everything exactly as I wanted it in 15.2. Now I have a problem while playing a video since upgrading to 16.0. I searched this forum and scanned the last 40 pages or so and can't find an answer to my problem so if this has been answered please point me to the right place. When pressing 'I' for information I'm only getting a small bar at the top with the channel, age rating, resolution, sound encoding, video codec, and aspect ratio. In 15.2 the information screen displayed much more information including a thumbnail image for the show/episode and synopsis. How do I get the information display in 16.0 to be how it was in 15.2? Thanks for you help. Smile
The "I" key works for me but only for library items. If the item is not in your library then you will just see the mediaflags without any metadata. To the best of my knowledge there was never a thumbnail image, only clearart that falls back to clearlogo when empty.