Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-19, 01:45)td75 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, thanks for another awesome skin! Have just started using Krypton beta and Aeon Nox skin and is working great!

When in setting menu and going between submenus have found the constant slide down/up animation can be quite distracting and somehow confuses me! I don't recall this before in Jarvis or was it a more subtle animation. Is there anyway to only animate when first entering the menu and then when exiting again and not between all submenus?

Yeah I changed that because the settings can also be entered through the media windows (in the side blade there are settings shortcuts now). But you are right, it's kinda distracting. Will change it to only kick in the animation if not entered from settings section.
(2016-12-19, 09:46)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-19, 01:45)td75 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, thanks for another awesome skin! Have just started using Krypton beta and Aeon Nox skin and is working great!

When in setting menu and going between submenus have found the constant slide down/up animation can be quite distracting and somehow confuses me! I don't recall this before in Jarvis or was it a more subtle animation. Is there anyway to only animate when first entering the menu and then when exiting again and not between all submenus?

Yeah I changed that because the settings can also be entered through the media windows (in the side blade there are settings shortcuts now). But you are right, it's kinda distracting. Will change it to only kick in the animation if not entered from settings section.

Great thanksSmile
The fade feature on logos view is really awesome!

I would like to use this fade option with teeedubb's Hyper Launcher, but have all logos fade including the highlighted one as I have a video playing when it's highlighted.

Can you please let me know what I need to change in .xml (View_59_Logo.xml?). Also is it possible to make only Hyper Launcher use a modified version of logo view and Movies/TV series use default or would everything have to use modified view?

I have been playing around with this line to change time before fade starts but can't work out the rest!

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="600" condition="System.IdleTime(2)">Conditional</animation>

Also is it possible to hide the Studio and Genre that's been added at the bottom of the screen?
(2016-12-19, 09:46)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I changed that because the settings can also be entered through the media windows (in the side blade there are settings shortcuts now). But you are right, it's kinda distracting. Will change it to only kick in the animation if not entered from settings section.

@BigNoid I did have an opinion on this but it is just a random thought so please do not infer anything other than it being just my doofy opinion Smile

Currently the side menu in settings is different and does not show the settings level option until selecting a category. When testing the above mentioned changes I thought it, IMHO, was better using the animation to alert to the user the difference not already apparent when selecting a category from the main settings.

To further clarify my thoughts... I noticed that the current update to the animation does not take into account the separate window/dialogs for SystemInfo and Profiles. I have not yet updated to Kodi master as I like to wait until at least the previous version has been released so if this does work perfectly for Kodi 18, or will, then please ignore the ramblings of a strange individual like myself. However, since, I am not sure if a conversation like this would fit better on GitHub I thought it best to mention my opinion here, I hope that it is OK to do so, if not please let me know.

I am truly interested in your thoughts on this... Smile

P.S. I noticed when using the new playercontrols buttons, on 'Krypton" so please take with a grain of salt, Wink that it focuses on 9050 button 616 when playing audio after pressing back from playercontrols and it is focused on that button (616) in the side menu which is not visible so in my testing it was confusing when going from 9050 to playercontrols to hidden 9050 when playing audio.

Tested a few things but it always seemed to revert to 9050 using my limited testing and adding/changing options like clearing mediamenu property first for audio and video or adding an onunload focus but I did not try everything so for me changing the current onclick to <onclick condition="Player.HasVideo">ClearProperty(MediaMenu,Home)</onclick> worked the best.

Thanks.
Thx for the second pair of eyes @mikeSiLVO. Both issues should be fixed now. I obviously only tested the playercontrols for videos Smile
Do you mean adding the settings level button into the settings window? There's no way currently to change the settings level outside of settingscategory.
No sir, I know the settings level only appears when in a "category". That was my very not well explained point. A good example of what I mean is Estuary which has the wall of buttons leading to the list view of the specific categories (Interface, Player, Ect...).

Without altering the Settings.xml significantly I thought it was better to have some kind of animation between the section but perhaps a similar to Estuary slide will work... Like slide SystemLeftPanel left and SystemRightPanel right when going from settings to a category and reverse for the return animation.

I just prefer some kind of animation that lets one know that it is different from Settings.xml. I hope that makes sense since I am running on like 2 hours sleep and about to crash BigTime Wink
Ah okay, I get what you mean. Yeah good point. I think I would prefer a redesign over animations though. Atm you have to scroll in certain conditions, which is makes the right panel look like a massive waste of screen space.
Always hesitant to even mention the word redesign... I do have a strong affinity for the current look Nod

Perhaps it is just my lack of drive to try to make something new for just the settings area or it seeming to me like the only two viable options being list or wall...

Anyhoo, just some random thoughts rattling around in there that I did not yet know what to do with Smile
Settings menu is much better now, thanks!

In previous Jarvis version I recall there was a shortcut to install an add-on from zip file in settings menu, I can't seem to find this option now, has it been removed? The only way I can find is by going though Apps > Add-on browser > Install from zip file. I have also tried adding the "Install from zip file" link to favorites but doesn't do anything when I select it.
(2016-12-21, 21:26)td75 Wrote: [ -> ]Settings menu is much better now, thanks!

In previous Jarvis version I recall there was a shortcut to install an add-on from zip file in settings menu, I can't seem to find this option now, has it been removed? The only way I can find is by going though Apps > Add-on browser > Install from zip file. I have also tried adding the "Install from zip file" link to favorites but doesn't do anything when I select it.

That's the only thing that changed, the add-on browser shortcut moved from settings to apps section. The install from zip option is a builtin feature skins have no control over.
Hello,

so i dosent read all the posts but i do have a problem.

i installen kodi 18 beta and on any skin also on aeon nox i do love there is a big main menu problem.
it doesn't show anything except the menu bar. i hear clicks but can't chose any options. no videos or setting nothing so is there a solution?

thanx
Install the latest version of script.skinshortcuts from GitHub. Btw if you don't see a main menu, you are using Silvo mod by my guess as that also uses that script for the main menu. Go to settings via the power menu (s on keyboard) and switch to Estuary to be able to install the script via zip file.
Ok thank you, now i have the Menu Points but not the submenu points.
What do i have to do next?
Hi Bignoid, can you please make the "View and Misc Options" side menu available for movie sets/collections? It defaults to Wall view and the View menu isn't available, so you can't change it. Also, can you please add an option to hide the theme progress bar? Thanks!
(2016-12-29, 14:23)tjost Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thank you, now i have the Menu Points but not the submenu points.
What do i have to do next?
Download the zip from the page i linked in my post and install that.

(2016-12-29, 14:37)orangesky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bignoid, can you please make the "View and Misc Options" side menu available for movie sets/collections? It defaults to Wall view and the View menu isn't available, so you can't change it. Also, can you please add an option to hide the theme progress bar? Thanks!

Screenshots please. There should be 8 views for sets available and I don't know what you mean with the theme progress bar Smile