Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to say a big thanks to BigNoid. You are certainly spending some time on this project. Thanks. N
@BigNoid what addons are you planning to implement on AN5?
(2014-02-05, 23:40)nick w Wrote: [ -> ]Got to say a big thanks to BigNoid. You are certainly spending some time on this project. Thanks. N
With the way I'm setting up this version, I should be spending lot less time on the skin when it's finished, compared to previous versions. But thx Smile

(2014-02-05, 23:46)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]@BigNoid what addons are you planning to implement on AN5?

There's already support for a lot of addons that require skin integration. Any new ones can just go under the extras button in the info dialogs.
Addons that require more work, like RCB, I will not add unless I use them myself. (only then a decent integration can be made imo).
Hi BigNoid,
Thanks for all your hard work -- I love this skin!

One request: Would it be possible to make the overlay icons when playing scale instead of stretch?

Thanks! Smile
After updating to Preview 5, I still see my customized submenus, but if I go in to Skin Settings and try to make changes to them, they are empty. Any way to get Skin Settings to show my current submenus so I can make changes to them?

Or do I need to recreate each one from scratch?
(2014-02-05, 22:47)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested the tvtunes bit. Apparently theres an addon option also to enable tvtunes while browsing the library, so I might have to rethink my option structure. it works as intended with the addon option checked, btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, its not working right. Will make it a on/off setting.

Could you please elaborate further on what exactly isn't working right with TvTunes browsing the library and what version of TvTunes are you testing; is it new TvTunes 4.3.2? Is it the start delay or a sound glitch or something else? Thanks BigNoid.

removed151214

(2014-02-06, 04:00)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]After updating to Preview 5, I still see my customized submenus, but if I go in to Skin Settings and try to make changes to them, they are empty. Any way to get Skin Settings to show my current submenus so I can make changes to them?

That generally means the skin shortcuts script has failed to load one of the shortcut categories (you don't happen to use custom video nodes, do you? That's the only thing that's really changed there.) Either way, if you can upload a full debug log to somewhere like xbmclogs.com I'll look to see what's gone wrong. Try to get the log for the same menu item, as there's a good chance you'll have to recreate any groups you've tried to edit.
(2014-02-06, 04:13)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-06, 04:00)bryanbrazil Wrote: [ -> ]After updating to Preview 5, I still see my customized submenus, but if I go in to Skin Settings and try to make changes to them, they are empty. Any way to get Skin Settings to show my current submenus so I can make changes to them?

That generally means the skin shortcuts script has failed to load one of the shortcut categories (you don't happen to use custom video nodes, do you? That's the only thing that's really changed there.) Either way, if you can upload a full debug log to somewhere like xbmclogs.com I'll look to see what's gone wrong. Try to get the log for the same menu item, as there's a good chance you'll have to recreate any groups you've tried to edit.

I do use custom video nodes, here's a log of me trying to edit 2 different menus...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=125695

removed151214

Hmm ... I can see what's gone wrong, but not why. The script is matching the string ::LOCAL:: (which is used internally to identify localised strings) to the name of one of your nodes.

As a quick fix I've added some error handling to github (https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts) so it should now work, and - to avoid filling the thread with non Nox5 stuff, I'll pm you for some more details so I can get to the bottom of it.
Hmm, updated to the latest skinshortcuts, Nox 5 Preview 5, and XBMC nightly. Not seeing any submenus, and as a result, can't see any way to access Skin Settings. Is there any way to access Skin Settings accept through the System submenu? Without Skin Settings, I can't test to see if I can re-populate the submenus.
Appearance-->settings. Below choose skin.
(2014-02-04, 21:56)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-02, 12:04)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]Also, in the TriPanel view, is there any reason why the TriPanel view is not available at the season level? Just something you still need to implement?

Added season level tripanel. Also an HD indicator, btw Wink
Sigh. Confused I was hoping you were going to add back the 720/1080/HDTV/itunes/Blu-ray ect to the 3rd panel. Having the HD logo on the title line doesn't really help differentiate these file types, and putting them next to the rating just makes it more crowded so the episode/movie names are truncated sooner.

I don't understand when you say there is no room for these icons in the bottom right corner. There is plenty of room like there was on Nox 4. As it looks now this is just empty space.
@Stindawg: I really could do without the sigh comment, but here you go, drop this in the 1080i folder. I'm still not convinced that it looks better. The HD flag in the list look pretty good imo.
(2014-02-06, 11:46)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]@Stindawg: I really could do without the sigh comment, but here you go, drop this in the 1080i folder. I'm still not convinced that it looks better. The HD flag in the list look pretty good imo.
Sigh wasn't meant as a knock against what you are doing, it's just one of my favorite features about XBMC OSD (quick glance-able information) and I'd hate to lose it. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Edit: works great. Thanks! If you don't like the way it looks perhaps you could add it as a skin/sidebar setting so those who do can?

One glitch I noticed though, when you move in the menus back and forth between the season and episode lists, the icons briefly flash in the middle where the posters are.
This area is quite small to display date :

No more clock displayed (I not sure clock was there in last release) ?