Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help.

In the skin settings menu there are 2 options (default, low) for setting the position of the main menu and parts (clock, date, etc).  Id like to create addition options to select (bottom, top, etc).  Could someone tell me which xml and line these options call too in the xml syntax?

PS.  I know how to move all these parts around, but id really like to create more selectable options in the menu

Thanks
(2018-05-15, 22:35)The Viper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

In the skin settings menu there are 2 options (default, low) for setting the position of the main menu and parts (clock, date, etc).  Id like to create addition options to select (bottom, top, etc).  Could someone tell me which xml and line these options call too in the xml syntax?

PS.  I know how to move all these parts around, but id really like to create more selectable options in the menu

Thanks
There are some home controls located in Home.xml and Includes_Home.xml but also things like variables, onclicks, and the like might need to be changed. The options would also need to be be added to those locations and to SkinSettings.xml. I have to recommend perusing the Skinning Manual (wiki) as it has a lot of info that can be used to change whatever you want in any skin. You just have to to take the time to learn and believe me it does take some time Nod

Most people misunderstand it to be easy to alter a skin but depending on the changes there can and usually are multiple xmls that need to be altered to get the desired result.

I do not usually give advice but I will give it a shot and hope for the best...

Skinning requires IMHO at least a rudimentary understanding of how a skin functions. Due to the complexities of the Kodi skinning engine there is no universal way to do this. I myself needed awhile to understand and am still learning to this day after (3-4?) years.

If you post a link to your skin mod I can try to take a look and help further but please be aware that I will not converse using PM or have a convo outside of this forum.

Good Luck in your skinning adventures Smile
(2018-05-19, 07:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-15, 22:35)The Viper Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks
There are some home controls located in Home.xml and Includes_Home.xml but also things like variables, onclicks, and the like might need to be changed. The options would also need to be be added to those locations and to SkinSettings.xml. I have to recommend perusing the Skinning Manual (wiki) as it has a lot of info that can be used to change whatever you want in any skin. You just have to to take the time to learn and believe me it does take some time Nod

Most people misunderstand it to be easy to alter a skin but depending on the changes there can and usually are multiple xmls that need to be altered to get the desired result.

I do not usually give advice but I will give it a shot and hope for the best...

Skinning requires IMHO at least a rudimentary understanding of how a skin functions. Due to the complexities of the Kodi skinning engine there is no universal way to do this. I myself needed awhile to understand and am still learning to this day after (3-4?) years.

If you post a link to your skin mod I can try to take a look and help further but please be aware that I will not converse using PM or have a convo outside of this forum.

Good Luck in your skinning adventures Smile 
 Hi mikeSILVO,

i appreciate you taking the time to respond.  You gave me a good starting point, ill also give the skinning manual a good read.  Thank you for the advice!
Hello guys Smile

Hoping, this threat isn't dead, because aeon nox is my absolut favorite skin Smile)

I have two questens:
First of all: how to configure the xml (what xml and what lines) to shoq the TIME REMAINING (countdown).

And second: how to show the title in the fanart background on menue? Sinc using spmc instead of kodi, the title showing in the left bottom corner is gone Sad

Thank u very much Smile
Kami
Push... Anybody here? Smile
Please add support for script.module.metadatautils so we can view Rotten Tomatoes ratings (IMDB would also be nice) for movies and TV shows using AN.
I just installed the new Aeon Nox, nice look, but I no longer have access to Settings, it is not an option anywhere.  
For that reason I wish to remove this skin, change to one that does allow me access to Settings.  But I cannot do that unless I can access Settings.... HELP
HELP
HELP
Press the Kodi Power button on your remote control, or Press s on your keyboard. In both cases Settings is one of the options that is provided. Easily accessed and no need to panic.
Thank you for your help.  So relieved to know this
(2018-08-13, 05:42)Kamikaze01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys Smile

Hoping, this threat isn't dead, because aeon nox is my absolut favorite skin Smile)

I have two questens:
First of all: how to configure the xml (what xml and what lines) to shoq the TIME REMAINING (countdown).

And second: how to show the title in the fanart background on menue? Sinc using spmc instead of kodi, the title showing in the left bottom corner is gone Sad

Thank u very much Smile
Kami

Anyway Help? Sad
(2018-08-30, 17:44)dusf Wrote: [ -> ]Please add support for script.module.metadatautils so we can view Rotten Tomatoes ratings (IMDB would also be nice) for movies and TV shows using AN.
That script works with the Skin Helper add-on. I have added support for that in my modded version of Aeon Nox 5.

Aeon Nox 5 already supports IMDb ratings if you have correctly setup your scraper.

(2018-09-08, 19:24)Kamikaze01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys Smile

I have two questens:

Thank u very much Smile
Kami
I can't help with SPMC not showing the fanart name as I do not use it but if it is a correctly added library item and not an add-on then when script.grab.fanart is installed it should work. As for the time remaining you will have to be more specific since "shoq the TIME REMAINING"(sic) doesn't help me understand where you want to see this information...

----------------------------------------

@Karellen & @jebuchanan You can also long press (hold down) the mapped "back" button or keyboard backspace to open the shutdown menu while on the home screen.
Hello friends Smile

First of all: thank u for the answer, and sorry for my late reply.

I thouth the same about SPMC... So I will have to live with no names on my background I think...
(Or use Kodi again Wink )

Second thing:
I just want to see the remaining time in the middle of my blue bar at the bottom of the movie whenever it popps up (pause, forward/backward steps,...).
I tried to configure same XML files, but I don't really know what to change...

I am on an Nvidia ShieldTV with Android 8 and SPMC 16.7-04 with Kodi 18 I think...

Thank u
Kami
hello,

with Kodi v18 "Leia" it is possible to going back in the PVR/TV Timeline to play programs from the past (many IP TV providers support a 7-day replay function).
It would be great if you would add these feature (button "Play programm" @Estuary) also to Aeon Nox? Smile
ImageImage
These are not the droids you're looking for.
On latest nightly this skin is not working. Anyway to fix this?