Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-19, 11:35)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone else getting page not found for downloading the test build?

Same here Sad
Hi BigNod

Thank you for this skin, I loved v4 and I like v5 aswell.

I have a wish for the future and a question about the current version.

Wish:

Is it possible to hide the top bar in movies, tv-show view, it was possible in v4, but maybe a feature comming later on.

Question:

When activation the "recent movies" or "recent episodes" widgets the widgets just load and load, I have re scanned the video library using the left menu in each category but it does not help, anything I'm missing?

Thanks again for your work.
I took the link down. I'm not at a pc right now. Will upload a new link later.
Hi BigNoid,

Thanks a lot for v5, it's gorgeous and super fast.

2 quick questions :

- do you plan on making the infowall view available for episodes ? would make sense imho
- You have set timers for the infopanel in showcase view : will you include a way to trigger it manually (like pressing 2 times 'down' for example) ?

Thanks again.
(2014-03-19, 00:24)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-18, 23:23)NeroBoron Wrote: [ -> ]hey,
i really like the new theme looks cleaner.

Some points:
There is no now playing on home screen, when watching live tv.
Please re-add an episode view for TV shows.
Options to configure a view type like in last release.

Btw the backgrounds of 4.0 were awesome! I just extracted them and use them again Smile

Looking forward to new versions, thanks for this skin Smile
There is for existing media, not sure about pvr stuff. Shows poster, name season, episode, date and progress time.
It's been said a bunch of times that episode view will not come back.
Options = lots of code = slower skin. BN is trying to keep it as simple as possible
Thanks for your reply,
existing media like movies, tv shows and music is fine. Just not live tv would expect the title of channel and maybe some information from epg in the now playing information of my homescreen.
Noooo Sad hopefully another view then that fits to tv episodes
Hummm okay, don't bother at all, were only some small changes that i used, like bigger posters and the information within a tag line. I'm fine with a "keep it simple & clean" principle Smile
(2014-03-19, 07:32)devilshura Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any option for logo in music visualization or use local artist images? Artist slideshow only work for extrafanart. I have some Artist folder to display all my music artist image&logo. That is something i don't want to miss.
I havent looked at extra fanart and logos for music at all. I'll keep that in mind for future releases.

(2014-03-19, 09:54)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 01:13)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]@Warner306: That option was already obsolete in Nox 4 when re-ordering of main menu items was introduced. I'm not sure about the info instead of genre label. If I can make a good settings description I might put it in the advanced settings section, but not sure yet. Playlist fanart can be added, will see how much code it is too add.

The option is not obsolete. It overrides the tendency of the skin to ignore custom home items in favor of standard sections (Video, TV Shows, etc.). That's why, no matter what order items are placed, my TV Shows section is always front-and-center when the program boots. Version 4 is no different. Changes the Custom Startup Focus position is the only way to override this.

I like the changes but noticed some redundant information in some views with the new flags. Perhaps the flags could be removed in these views?

Most content is HD these days. So I see no need to indicate the program is HD when the resolution is 720 or 1080.

The unwatched indicator doesn't fit the showcase view at all.

Also, the widgets on the home screen are much improved with the white text, but you missed the Now Playing widget; it is still difficult to read. Some extra glow around the text would make it even better.

Movie fanart is still displayed throughout the background of the music section, as well.
I thought about redundancy, but i felt consistency was more important. When browsing the library my eye is on the title and not the flags, so in that case its easy to spot 3d content. Keep in mind that a lot of users dont enable the infopanel at all, so for them unwatched count mucht be handy. In any case the its a feature that can be turned off.
Theres no shadwo behind the now playing text, maybe thats why its harder to read. I'll see if its needed for that.
(2014-03-19, 12:54)pomah Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNod

Thank you for this skin, I loved v4 and I like v5 aswell.

I have a wish for the future and a question about the current version.

Wish:

Is it possible to hide the top bar in movies, tv-show view, it was possible in v4, but maybe a feature comming later on.

Question:

When activation the "recent movies" or "recent episodes" widgets the widgets just load and load, I have re scanned the video library using the left menu in each category but it does not help, anything I'm missing?

Thanks again for your work.
The topbar is an integral part of the skin with info that I have no place for to display otherwise, so that wont be configurable. Its an include throughout the windows, so with a little search and replace thats an easy mod Smile
I got two major issues with the manual setting for infopanel:
- Its a navigational nightmare; so in one view pressing up brings out the media menu and then all of a sudden in showcase it reveals an infopanel. I rather keep navigating consistent. Not to mention that you'd expect that clicking when its highlighted should play the media (which can be done, but it would play the media in files mode).
- Its an afwul lot of code to add for a single function that imo only a small percentage of users actually use.
I only integrated the time out since it had very small impact on the amount of code needed.
(2014-03-19, 13:08)Sabish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNoid,

Thanks a lot for v5, it's gorgeous and super fast.

2 quick questions :

- do you plan on making the infowall view available for episodes ? would make sense imho
- You have set timers for the infopanel in showcase view : will you include a way to trigger it manually (like pressing 2 times 'down' for example) ?

Thanks again.
- Yeah InfoWall for episodes will be added.
- See above explanation Smile
(2014-03-19, 13:25)NeroBoron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 00:24)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-18, 23:23)NeroBoron Wrote: [ -> ]hey,
i really like the new theme looks cleaner.

Some points:
There is no now playing on home screen, when watching live tv.
Please re-add an episode view for TV shows.
Options to configure a view type like in last release.

Btw the backgrounds of 4.0 were awesome! I just extracted them and use them again Smile

Looking forward to new versions, thanks for this skin Smile
There is for existing media, not sure about pvr stuff. Shows poster, name season, episode, date and progress time.
It's been said a bunch of times that episode view will not come back.
Options = lots of code = slower skin. BN is trying to keep it as simple as possible
Thanks for your reply,
existing media like movies, tv shows and music is fine. Just not live tv would expect the title of channel and maybe some information from epg in the now playing information of my homescreen.
Noooo Sad hopefully another view then that fits to tv episodes
Hummm okay, don't bother at all, were only some small changes that i used, like bigger posters and the information within a tag line. I'm fine with a "keep it simple & clean" principle Smile
Now playing for LiveTV is something I havent looked at yet, will keep that in mind for future releases.
Hi BigNoid,

just a short question - any plans for a white theme? Besides - excellent work so far! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

h3ll
When starting the skin for the first time, you should turn off many of the features by default. Having unwatched indicators and unwatched episode flags everywhere in all views make the skin look very busy. When switching between skins, the unwatched star is reactivated every time, even if you have previously turned it off.

Just my two cents...Having so many flags might turn-off some users when your intent is to make it look clean and modern. I have gone back and forth between version 4 and 5 and find them very similar at this stage. I have nicknamed this version Aeon Nox Bold (due to its larger text and simplified design) or Aeon Nox Light (due to its streamlined code).
Hi BigNoid,

So far so good. Only a few things I'd like to see added... Would like to see the "Glass Effect" for the home screen menu return, and the ability to make the main menu item text a bit dimmer, the bright white text is a bit TOO bright for me. This skin could also do with different default background images for each Main Menu Item IMHO. Having "Gravity" as the default for every screen is a bit too minimalist for me, but hey-ho. If I've missed anything in terms of options, then please point me in the right direction. Finally, for me, focus when playing music is to be on/with the Visualizer. Not the add-on info/artwork/clutter being visible all the time. MQ5 does this, and it's annoying not being able to have it dissappear after a set time. MQ5 does however have playback icons on the home screen, which Nox has lacked ever since i've used it. A consideration perhaps?

Nox is My favourite in the "Blue" corner, MQ5 in the "Red" corner. Wink

To the Poster who said "Most Video Content is HD Nowadays", this is most certainly NOT True. What is true is that most content is AVAILABLE in HD form these days. That doesn't nessecarily mean that EVERY user has the desire to buy/store HD content across the board for their media center. What works for YOU, may not nessecarily work for me.

Smile
Instead of the current list of add-ons that stays the same, could rearranging the widgets on videos, music, etc...to always randomize items on startup, be possible, BigNoid ?
(2014-03-19, 23:13)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]When starting the skin for the first time, you should turn off many of the features by default. Having unwatched indicators and unwatched episode flags everywhere in all views make the skin look very busy. When switching between skins, the unwatched star is reactivated every time, even if you have previously turned it off.

Just my two cents...Having so many flags might turn-off some users when your intent is to make it look clean and modern. I have gone back and forth between version 4 and 5 and find them very similar at this stage. I have nicknamed this version Aeon Nox Bold (due to its larger text and simplified design) or Aeon Nox Light (due to its streamlined code).

Unwatched episodes count are off by default in beta3, just not in the test version you tried. Unwatched indicators can return when changing skins, a restart should fix that. Its not a everyday scenario for 99% of the users to change skins, so thats acceptable to me.
(2014-03-19, 20:45)h3llsp4wn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNoid,

just a short question - any plans for a white theme? Besides - excellent work so far! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

h3ll
I wont make a white theme...
(2014-03-19, 23:35)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNoid,

So far so good. Only a few things I'd like to see added... Would like to see the "Glass Effect" for the home screen menu return, and the ability to make the main menu item text a bit dimmer, the bright white text is a bit TOO bright for me. This skin could also do with different default background images for each Main Menu Item IMHO. Having "Gravity" as the default for every screen is a bit too minimalist for me, but hey-ho. If I've missed anything in terms of options, then please point me in the right direction. Finally, for me, focus when playing music is to be on/with the Visualizer. Not the add-on info/artwork/clutter being visible all the time. MQ5 does this, and it's annoying not being able to have it dissappear after a set time. MQ5 does however have playback icons on the home screen, which Nox has lacked ever since i've used it. A consideration perhaps?

Nox is My favourite in the "Blue" corner, MQ5 in the "Red" corner. Wink

To the Poster who said "Most Video Content is HD Nowadays", this is most certainly NOT True. What is true is that most content is AVAILABLE in HD form these days. That doesn't nessecarily mean that EVERY user has the desire to buy/store HD content across the board for their media center. What works for YOU, may not nessecarily work for me.

Smile
Why should I go to the trouble making default images for every menu item? Everybody can do that themselfs Tongue
(2014-03-19, 23:42)Riksa Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of the current list of add-ons that stays the same, could rearranging the widgets on videos, music, etc...to always randomize items on startup, be possible, BigNoid ?

Not possible with current xbmc code.
Getting the following exception with beta 3 and the latest script.skinshortcuts:

Code:
23:27:55 T:5632   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named unidecode
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from unidecode import unidecode
                                            ImportError: No module named unidecode
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

removed151214

(2014-03-20, 00:30)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the following exception with beta 3 and the latest script.skinshortcuts:

Code:
23:27:55 T:5632   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>

Install script.module.unidecode Smile
Hey Bignoid. Whenever my secondary machine wakes from sleep i get an error with library.data.provider. I use mysql so maybe after it wakes up the plugin takes awhile to re-associate. but it happens every time.

Also is bannerplex and episode list going to make the cut? I know bannerwall is fairly close to bannerplex.
(2014-03-20, 00:38)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-20, 00:30)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the following exception with beta 3 and the latest script.skinshortcuts:

Code:
                                                import xmlfunctions
                                                import datafunctions

Install script.module.unidecode Smile

Non-realted question.. but what file in your addon controls the submenu items? I copied your skinshortcuts from what install of XBMC to another but it didnt carry over the sub-menu. It kept what i had on it pre-copy.