Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-20, 05:21)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]Non-realted question.. but what file in your addon controls the submenu items? I copied your skinshortcuts from what install of XBMC to another but it didnt carry over the sub-menu. It kept what i had on it pre-copy.

It saves the customized submenus in the profile/addon_data folder.
Hi BigNoid,

1. Is it possible for a normal user to replace the EPG timeline in Aeon Nox 4 with the one in Aeon Nox 5? If so, how?
2. What do the colours represent in the EPG timeline in Aeon Nox 5? I don't see any colours when trying out Aeon Nox 5 with live tv. :S
(2014-03-19, 23:57)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 23:42)Riksa Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of the current list of add-ons that stays the same, could rearranging the widgets on videos, music, etc...to always randomize items on startup, be possible, BigNoid ?

Not possible with current xbmc code.

Sorry again, but i remind you the random add-ons widget.
It is not possible or this issue does not fit the design ?
If it is not an option i understand because you are the dev and have to make choices, but of the several skins i tried, some of them are supporting random add-ons, including nox 4.1.9 on gotham.
Tks anyway.
(2014-03-20, 13:47)noonzascript Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNoid,

1. Is it possible for a normal user to replace the EPG timeline in Aeon Nox 4 with the one in Aeon Nox 5? If so, how?
2. What do the colours represent in the EPG timeline in Aeon Nox 5? I don't see any colours when trying out Aeon Nox 5 with live tv. :S
1: Thats not easily possible, two different code bases.
2: THose are genre colours.

(2014-03-20, 14:14)Riksa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 23:57)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-19, 23:42)Riksa Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of the current list of add-ons that stays the same, could rearranging the widgets on videos, music, etc...to always randomize items on startup, be possible, BigNoid ?

Not possible with current xbmc code.

Sorry again, but i remind you the random add-ons widget.
It is not possible or this issue does not fit the design ?
If it is not an option i understand because you are the dev and have to make choices, but of the several skins i tried, some of them are supporting random add-ons, including nox 4.1.9 on gotham.
Tks anyway.
If I use the old way of loading list, then yes its possible. I only want to use directory providing method in this skin. Way less code for the skin. Wioth this method its not yet possible to add a sort method to lists.
(2014-03-20, 15:16)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]1: Thats not easily possible, two different code bases.
2: THose are genre colours.

Ah right. Thanks for the quick answer!

I have one last question regarding live TV with Aeon Nox 5. In future will you add channel information when switching channels. E.g. channel info, etc pops up for 5 seconds when switchcing channel.. A bit like the default Confluence skin?

Cheers
Really Nice! Is there any easy way to get Next Aired (i think it was previously called TV Guide before) on the main menu. I've looked but nothing has jumped out at me.
First of all, I want to tell you that this skin is overall awesome!

I have three items I want to know if it's possible to add or if it's already there and I am just missing it.

Live TV: I have seen in some other skins there is a setting for Live TV to turn off the progression bar for the epg view. I haven't seen it anywhere but it's possible I am just missing it.

Live TV: Is there a way to stop the top bar from popping up when I enter into the epg view screen? It always pops up with the drop down menu and I have to hit my back button to make it go away. I don't mind so much, but I am trying to make my HTPC more wife friendly. :-)

My next item: I use the XBMB3C plugin to access my MediaBrowser server. It works great in your skin with one exception - in most views (especially posters and shift view), I can see a border around my video cases (I use the Coverart plugin via MediaBrowser Server). It looks like it's there as a background or container for when you are using XBMC's database directly. I never see the edges of this border when I use XBMC without the plugin and view the video poster images directly.

Is there a way I can get rid of that border? I know a little bit about xml files but I can't figure out which file or line I would need to modify to stop this border from showing up. I don't mind editing that manually if you can point me in the right direction. (Note: I was able to handle it in MQ5 skin by deleting a black image he had in the media files as it would show a black border around the video cases- however, you don't have any media images in your skin files that I see)
(2014-03-20, 21:17)Vatoe Wrote: [ -> ]Really Nice! Is there any easy way to get Next Aired (i think it was previously called TV Guide before) on the main menu. I've looked but nothing has jumped out at me.
I thought by default it was there or under tv shows? If not, skin settings -> edit main menu. Choose a custom entry or rewrite an unused one(pictures, favourites, etc). Set default action -> Program Addons -> TV Show - Next Aired
Quote:Visualization is available even at basic setting level, so if you cant see it I cant help you.

Well bless my aging eyes, there it is if you scroll right down to the bottom. In my defence, that scrollbar in your skin is very hard to see unless you accidentally mouse over it. I had no idea it was there.

...and I figured out the problem with the backgrounds. I had customised the default Movies item to be my music menu, and customised the default Music item to be my Movies menu item. This gave me the wrong default background in each of those sections.

I still see the default background all over the place however, and I also found out why.

If I customise the "TV Shows" menu item to point a favourite that contains some non-library video files and set a custom background for that menu item, the custom background is not displayed when I drill down. The same happens if I edit one of the custom menu items (CUSTOM1 for example) to point to the same favourite - the custom background I set for that menu item is not displayed when I drill down.

Now what is *really* interesting is what happens if I customise the Video library menu item and change the background. As soon as I do this, the two menus I just customised above suddenly change to showing the new background I just set for the Video Library.

This confirms my suspicion then that the skin is choosing the background depending on the type of content that is being displayed (movies, videos, music) AND what custom background is set in the corresponding default menu item (movies, videos and music).

Since you can customise menu items to your heart's content this is clearly not the right way to do it - and it certainly isn't picking up the parent background of a menu item.
That would explain why my music section thinks it's a movies section.
(2014-03-20, 23:15)davew_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Visualization is available even at basic setting level, so if you cant see it I cant help you.

Well bless my aging eyes, there it is if you scroll right down to the bottom. In my defence, that scrollbar in your skin is very hard to see unless you accidentally mouse over it. I had no idea it was there.

...and I figured out the problem with the backgrounds. I had customised the default Movies item to be my music menu, and customised the default Music item to be my Movies menu item. This gave me the wrong default background in each of those sections.

I still see the default background all over the place however, and I also found out why.

If I customise the "TV Shows" menu item to point a favourite that contains some non-library video files and set a custom background for that menu item, the custom background is not displayed when I drill down. The same happens if I edit one of the custom menu items (CUSTOM1 for example) to point to the same favourite - the custom background I set for that menu item is not displayed when I drill down.

Now what is *really* interesting is what happens if I customise the Video library menu item and change the background. As soon as I do this, the two menus I just customised above suddenly change to showing the new background I just set for the Video Library.

This confirms my suspicion then that the skin is choosing the background depending on the type of content that is being displayed (movies, videos, music) AND what custom background is set in the corresponding default menu item (movies, videos and music).

Since you can customise menu items to your heart's content this is clearly not the right way to do it - and it certainly isn't picking up the parent background of a menu item.
In my defence, you were the one the one who set it to advanced settings Tongue
Quote:In my defence, you were the one the one who set it to advanced settings

Expert actually, 'cos I'm hardcore like that
Hi,
I'm new to this, so feel free to tell my if my question doesn't make any sense. I want to install the latest beta 3 version of the Skin on my Gotham beta 2, but there is a note saying to make sure I have the latest version of script.skinshortcuts installed before upgrading.

I'm unfamiliar with how to install scripts. Can someone give me a quick lesson?

Thanks!
Download the zip/rar and extract into the addons folder, just like you would a skin.

ie:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skinshortcuts
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5
I install scripts like other addons by using the Addons Manager by selecting "Install from Zip File" and finding the file on my computer. Haven't run into any problems thus far.