Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great work on this skin !

There's just one thing I miss from the Confluence default skin on Gotham.
When a video is playing and you go over the subtitles icon you can easily chose to download subtitles, activate/deactivate them and most importantly delay them.

With Aeon Nox you have to select the speaker icon and then select the delay subtitles option, which is not as handy especially when you have to adjust the delay several times when watching a video.

Would it be possible to be able to access this feature more easily somehow ?
I would love to see some alternative widgets.....

Also.
BigNod, is there a list of items you are hoping to implement into the skin?
Would be interesting to see the direction you want to take the skin for the next 6 or 12 months

Thanks
N
(2014-04-10, 19:23)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I wont add episode view.
I did add Lowlist just now on git Smile

Sad to no episode view.
Will the icons view ever be adaptable as it is currently in 4? By that I mean, for instance when using the infowall to browse game through Advanced Launcher, the thumbnails expand to fit to the actual cover rather than how it is in 5 which cuts the cover off to fit in the square icons.

Also, perhaps this has been asked in earlier posts that I missed, but are there any plans on giving an option to increase the number of icons? I'd love a 3 row view as it seems rather slow going browsing through a large movie library with the current 2 rows. Thanks.
(2014-04-17, 21:05)hewligun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-10, 19:23)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I wont add episode view.
I did add Lowlist just now on git Smile

Sad to no episode view.

+1. A missed view.
Hi,
Love the look of your new skin but just wondering if anyone could help me with the new setup.

On version 4 I could add custom video nodes on the homes screen so i could access those vidoes that I didn't want in my main collection (My Wife's fitness shows, one just for the kids stuff etc etc)
This was an easy process of going into home menu customisation, selecting a blank CUSTOM slot and picking custom menu type=> video library node

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this on Nox 5.

This list of options doesn't seem to have this at all, the closest is video playlist, but I can't even try this as I don't seem to be able to select a network path with it.
I have tried the custom menu but I honestly don't have the skills to manually enter whatever goes here.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Willow
Not sure about video nodes(I never saw an advantage over smart playlists) for playlists it's right [url=http://i.imgur.com/ApHZmFz.png
]here[/url] (notice the arrows...). I assume custom video nodes would show up there somewhere.

removed151214

Re: custom video nodes. For custom submenu items, they'll appear in the video library group, but only for the master profile due to a bug (fixed on github.) For main menu items, which I think atmwillow was talking about, there's no obvious place to find them.
I just updated to Openelec Beta 5 and I cannot get this skin to install. Some of the depedencies install correctly, others (like fanart and movie sets) do not. When I use install from zip file to install aeon nox, nothing happens. Am I missing a step?
Thanks for the help guys, it definitely appears that smart playlists are the go, that seems to wrok very well... (when I can get it to...)

This may not be the thread for it (dunno if it is skin related or just plain cluelessness...) but I cannot get some smart playlists to work.

Following folders I want in XBMC (as different main menu items);
-Movies
-Family Movies
-TV shows
- Fitness
- Kids

under the version 4 they were just nodes with a menu item pointed at them, but now they need to be smart playlists.

the first 3 work fine (had to delete family movies from library and re add to get it to populate the playlist, no idea why)
but the Fitness and kids wont work. (they are just random folders of videos and tv shows, look and feel isn't important, just getting them to show up and play is all I want...)
I have removed and re added them to the library multiple times, but when I create a smart playlist, it is always empy

I'm only using a rule of "path Contains" (note to anyone out there "path is" wouldn't work, "contains" fixed it, for the first three anyway) but the lists are always blank

Also, when I go to browse the path for these it doesn't give me the option to pick from the library but only from C:/, home folder and DVD drive, but this seems intermittent?

Any help would be appreciated, if this is not skin related please let me know and I'll move it to an appropriate location

Cheers

Willow
I have now fixed all of these issue so I thought I would put this out there for others who may upgrade the same and lose Video Nodes

The smart playlists are a great way to go - Thanks Vaikin,
There is just one problem, they won't work when you point them at unorganised folders of rubbish (ie my wife's fitness videos) This seems to happen because they don't have nfo files etc and XBMC doesn't treat them as either movies or TV shows. This means that smart playlists won't see these items properly

I finally organised them all (with METABROWSER) and it now works fine...

From previous post, smart playlists don't seem to work (for this scenario) if you select "mixed" I can only get them to work if they are either movies OR TV shows, can't have a random folder of both ( My two year olds random junk that I had no interest in organising)

So now I can happily use this great new skin, thankyou....

But it can't all be this easy so two further questions if anyone has an answer:
Can I point a main menu item at 2 playlists? (I had to separate my two year olds movies from tv shows and would really rather this is just one menu item..)
Studios on movies no longer seem to work? It just has question mark (although they work fine on TV shows...)

Cheers

Willow
Cannot find an answer to this throughout the whole thread:
I cannot manage to get rid of the star icon that shows on every single movie and tv show. Is this a common bug or have I done something wrong?
Skin settings watch status icon?
What about the "NEW" label on movies that are recently added? I miss that too.

Also, I have a lot of tv show next aired script failing when scrolling through my tv shows.
(2014-04-18, 11:35)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]Skin settings watch status icon?

Yes, that's the icon I meant. But I don't have the "watch status" option that you've described. I'm using the latest Gotham Beta 3 build.