Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just updated to RC1 to try this skin out. I love so much of it, it makes the losses that much greater.

Logo view for TV shows lived, excellent, but the matching Episode View did not. They were so elegant together. The list view is sort of similar, I suppose, but the lack of the giant unnecessary panel is what made the Logo/Episode views in Nox 4 stand out. I hope the Episode view will be considered for addition later.

I also kind of miss all the useful information on the pause screen. I loved the combination of the poster and movie info. It was nice to see all that info at a quick glance when paused.

Looks like a great skin, and I do like the lighter weight, but really lament some of the things that didn't make the cut.
@gizmotoy: Yeah, Episode view seems to be missed by quite a few people. For me it was one of the views looks great on first glance, but doesnt fit this version of the skin because of a couple of reasons:
- the full height right side list doesnt go well with the transition animation I use.
- That same list is in the way of the scrolling letter (it would be the only view that does that).
And personally I always hated the way the plot scrolled inside the focused item.

If you want a view with lots of fanart exposure, try out lowlist and toggle it in the lower position.
How about the Big List as seen in skin Amber? It's a bit similar as episode view. I think it will look really nice on aeon nox.

I was also wondering if you will put back in other widgets, like the posters in AN4.
I dont know that view, I'll might install Amber and have a look.
There is room for other widget types that show more posters/icons in an overview and it shouldnt take too much extra code. I do have to find a good one, cause the old poster and panel widgets got a bit too flashy for this version.
(2014-05-03, 22:51)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know that view, I'll might install Amber and have a look.
There is room for other widget types that show more posters/icons in an overview and it shouldnt take too much extra code. I do have to find a good one, cause the old poster and panel widgets got a bit too flashy for this version.

Thanks for taking a look. I installed Amber today for first time and it looked very slick. Looks similar to your skin.
Though I miss the multi fanart with Amber.
Since this is up for discussion, anybody but me enjoy the more polished look of something like episode view for songs when compared to list view? I wasn't going to add my voice to those missing episode view but if the work of adding a view is being considered it might be worth thinking about something that would work for songs too. Unless I am indeed the only one Big Grin
(2014-05-03, 22:30)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]@gizmotoy: Yeah, Episode view seems to be missed by quite a few people. For me it was one of the views looks great on first glance, but doesnt fit this version of the skin because of a couple of reasons:
- the full height right side list doesnt go well with the transition animation I use.
- That same list is in the way of the scrolling letter (it would be the only view that does that).
And personally I always hated the way the plot scrolled inside the focused item.

If you want a view with lots of fanart exposure, try out lowlist and toggle it in the lower position.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like two of those three could be solved by swapping the list to the left side of the screen? I kind of like the plot scrolling (sometimes cuts off spoilers), but would definitely prefer removing it versus being without the view entirely if you don't like it.

I installed from the link in the first post this morning, but see only the following view options for Episodes: Icons, TriPanel, List, and Landscape. Of those views, only Landscape has any options (add/remove InfoPanel). Am I missing a view that should be there?
One thing. On the first page what are you using to show disc art for x-men for example
I noticed Nox 5 is now available through the XBMC repository. It includes 'slim list' support. Thanks a lot BigNoid for addressing it so quickly!
I've been playing around with 5.0.3 and it looks fantastic.

@BigNoid: if I may, I'd like to request three more features for the music videos section:
1) show the artist name in addition to the title in the info screen, if the artist info is present in the database.
2) same as 1 goes for the info on the progress bar
3) widgets for recent and random music videos
Should I report/suggest this elsewhere?

Thank you all for contributing to this superb skin, and keep up the good work!
One thing I noticed that I think should be corrected, but who am I to assume what the behavior should be?:
I have plot set to auto-scroll, and you can see little dots of the plot appear at the bottom before it begins to scroll, which just looks weird, and then when it begins to actually scroll, there's a line through the text, like it's not centered in the box like I would think it should be (the top of the plot box is fine, but not the bottom). Hopefully these screenshots clarify what I mean.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4373...3%20AM.png (as soon as movie title is selected)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4373...4%20AM.png (as soon as plot begins to scroll)
(2014-05-04, 02:09)gizmotoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-03, 22:30)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]@gizmotoy: Yeah, Episode view seems to be missed by quite a few people. For me it was one of the views looks great on first glance, but doesnt fit this version of the skin because of a couple of reasons:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like two of those three could be solved by swapping the list to the left side of the screen? I kind of like the plot scrolling (sometimes cuts off spoilers), but would definitely prefer removing it versus being without the view entirely if you don't like it.

I installed from the link in the first post this morning, but see only the following view options for Episodes: Icons, TriPanel, List, and Landscape. Of those views, only Landscape has any options (add/remove InfoPanel). Am I missing a view that should be there?
No, I use a slide down/up animation for opening and cloasing windows. The list would be too high too smoothly animate imo.
The skin is now available in XBMC.org repository which has the lowlist view.

(2014-05-04, 07:12)Famous600 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing. On the first page what are you using to show disc art for x-men for example
That is an old screenshot, I removed it since.

(2014-05-04, 09:37)Borre Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed Nox 5 is now available through the XBMC repository. It includes 'slim list' support. Thanks a lot BigNoid for addressing it so quickly!
I've been playing around with 5.0.3 and it looks fantastic.

@BigNoid: if I may, I'd like to request three more features for the music videos section:
1) show the artist name in addition to the title in the info screen, if the artist info is present in the database.
2) same as 1 goes for the info on the progress bar
3) widgets for recent and random music videos
Should I report/suggest this elsewhere?

Thank you all for contributing to this superb skin, and keep up the good work!
Yeah, the music video section havent been my focus. If you create an issue on git, it will be easier for me to remember.

(2014-05-04, 09:42)carlylemiii Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I noticed that I think should be corrected, but who am I to assume what the behavior should be?:
I have plot set to auto-scroll, and you can see little dots of the plot appear at the bottom before it begins to scroll, which just looks weird, and then when it begins to actually scroll, there's a line through the text, like it's not centered in the box like I would think it should be (the top of the plot box is fine, but not the bottom). Hopefully these screenshots clarify what I mean.
The plot on lowlist was a few pixels too low, but thats not the problem here. I think you're not using a 16:9 resolution, I only code and test the skin on the 16:9 resolutions 1920x1080 and 1280x720.
This skin just doesn't want to download. Failed, then stuck on 99%. Also tried installing the things in the first post, but it wont let me install movie sets.
I tried yesterday and it installed fine. Maybe the servers are too busy with gotham final. The moviesets addon needs to be unzipped manually, the rest should auto install when installing from repo. If that works Tongue
Thanks for the quick response bignoid! Aeon nox was the reason I chose xbmc over plex. Keep up the great work!
Same problem from me : when I choose to install Aeon Nox from the Extension/Skin menu, the download doesn't start, stays at 0% for a few seconds and finally stops

Restarted Windows and worked ...