Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@BN

Bug or by Design ? I could not disable the main menu item "Favorite" in your skin settings ?
Hi! Loving the new style : familiar yet sleeker. FINALLY square corners by default. I know it's still very much WIP but just to be sure some stuff will still be there in the final version, here are things I'm missing right now :
- TV themes playing while browsing a show, they put you right into the show's mood
- As I see you've beautifully skinned the TV Guide (TV Next Aired), I guess the homescreen option for it is just missing (easily done with a custom entry though)
- My favourite view from Aeon nox 4, and imo the cleanest by far, was Landscape with TV Show Logos. You could instantly recognise your stuff. I just hope this one makes the cut!
- I guess you won't be adding this one but I absolutely loved the "Episodes" viewtype when on the episode-level of tv shows (duh). It just looked so cool and clean!

Again, I know some stuff just hasn't been done yet because this is just a preview but I wouldn't want something go amiss just because it hasn't been mentioned. Anyway, the choices you'll make for your skin will be the right ones. Keep up the amazing work!
solved Smile
(2014-01-25, 17:19)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]+1 for fixed list

Actually I just deleted my request for fixed lists cause I found the option under skin settings and setting the navigation style for horizontal lists to Fixed (worked for me at least).
(2014-01-25, 17:00)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]@BN

Bug or by Design ? I could not disable the main menu item "Favorite" in your skin settings ?
Thats a bug. was already mentioned in the thread Wink

(2014-01-25, 17:16)thebluepotato Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! Loving the new style : familiar yet sleeker. FINALLY square corners by default. I know it's still very much WIP but just to be sure some stuff will still be there in the final version, here are things I'm missing right now :
- TV themes playing while browsing a show, they put you right into the show's mood
- As I see you've beautifully skinned the TV Guide (TV Next Aired), I guess the homescreen option for it is just missing (easily done with a custom entry though)
- My favourite view from Aeon nox 4, and imo the cleanest by far, was Landscape with TV Show Logos. You could instantly recognise your stuff. I just hope this one makes the cut!
- I guess you won't be adding this one but I absolutely loved the "Episodes" viewtype when on the episode-level of tv shows (duh). It just looked so cool and clean!

Again, I know some stuff just hasn't been done yet because this is just a preview but I wouldn't want something go amiss just because it hasn't been mentioned. Anyway, the choices you'll make for your skin will be the right ones. Keep up the amazing work!

(2014-01-25, 15:20)FREAKJAM Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nifty. Will try for a few days. Will you add a low list view in the future? Good luck upon completing the skin.

My list for adding viewtypes that are not there yet is:
- Poster view and poster view for albums (wont be called poster view then Big Grin)
- InfoWall
- Logo view (that will be separate this time instead of option in Landscape)
Episode view and LowList did not make the cut.

Tv tunes should already be integrated. Check the setting for it in general skin setting. There are two modes available.
(2014-01-25, 17:28)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Tv tunes should already be integrated. Check the setting for it in general skin setting. There are two modes available.

Have you also integrated the "Fetch" button for TVTunes? I haven't seen it in any of the views so far and I never could get it to work in AN 4.
(2014-01-25, 17:28)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Episode view and LowList did not make the cut.

Well that's sad news, but I'll make my own modding then!

I checked the settings for TV Tunes and it works indeed!

and btw I found a bug : setting the home menu horizontal position to Low and un-checking "Detach RSS feed" puts the feed right in the middle of the home screen (where it would be if the home menu were in its default position)

(2014-01-25, 17:33)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-25, 17:28)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Tv tunes should already be integrated. Check the setting for it in general skin setting. There are two modes available.

Have you also integrated the "Fetch" button for TVTunes? I haven't seen it in any of the views so far and I never could get it to work in AN 4.

While on the show's info screen there's a plus sign on the right, just next to the refresh button. If you select the plus sign you'll have an option for TVTunes.
Updated link on first post which should take care of all bugs mentioned.
i think something went wrong so..updated it again :/
(2014-01-25, 17:38)thebluepotato Wrote: [ -> ]While on the show's info screen there's a plus sign on the right, just next to the refresh button. If you select the plus sign you'll have an option for TVTunes.

And when you enable TVTunes does that give you the "Fetch" button in the movie info screen to scrape the movie theme? Sorry, right now I'm working on getting a test platform setup to install this on so I'm pretty much at the mercy of others to see what it looks like.
(2014-01-25, 18:13)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-25, 17:38)thebluepotato Wrote: [ -> ]While on the show's info screen there's a plus sign on the right, just next to the refresh button. If you select the plus sign you'll have an option for TVTunes.

And when you enable TVTunes does that give you the "Fetch" button in the movie info screen to scrape the movie theme? Sorry, right now I'm working on getting a test platform setup to install this on so I'm pretty much at the mercy of others to see what it looks like.

Yes, it will add a button TvTunes that will fetch a theme.
(2014-01-25, 18:18)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it will add a button TvTunes that will fetch a theme.

Thanks. I love you man. Really. I'm not just saying that. Honest. Big Grin

It may be a little early for this question, but did you or will you also include support for VideoExtras Addon? Mostly the built-in skin support for the popup windows. I'm sure the basic hooks I can add myself if need be.
(2014-01-25, 18:29)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-25, 18:18)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it will add a button TvTunes that will fetch a theme.

Thanks. I love you man. Really. I'm not just saying that. Honest. Big Grin

It may be a little early for this question, but did you or will you also include support for VideoExtras Addon? Mostly the built-in skin support for the popup windows. I'm sure the basic hooks I can add myself if need be.

Is already there. Only basic support though, I wont add those flags and such. You dont even need the extras addon, if you click on the path in video info it will open the files view for that folder so you can play your extras from there.
BigNoid,

All the music video views (except List) use a poster aspect ratio for the artwork, which makes sense when repurposing this section for concerts. However, for those of us that do use it for music videos, this aspect ratio isn't suitable since it badly crops the album covers. Any chance both poster and "square" album cover artwork viewtypes could be made available for this section, or a toggle option to switch between the two aspect ratios?
@sialivi: Hmm, I always use it for live shows, but I have to hack the moviedb scraper for this to work, so I guess thats not what its meant for. I'll think of something for this.
@BigNoid are you planning to add tvshow next aired widget like AN 4?