Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-12, 00:12)zag Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Also is there going to be a banner wall for music artists? That would look cool I think.
Not unless thats natively supported by xbmc or an addon like artwork downloader/cdart manager (which must add it to the db like with logos and clearart)
(2014-05-12, 08:34)soder Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it possible to not show the sub menu by default, even if RSS isn't used?

/Söder
No, I want to have the symmetry with the two textures above and below the main menu bar. It can of course be modded. (line 159 in Home.xml and the corresponding include in Includes_Animations.xml).

(2014-05-12, 11:17)WolvesPhil Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any changes in the pipeline for music visualisation?
I have switched back to nox 4 for now as I use xbmc for a fair bit of music and like the look of the visualisation screen with the extrafanart on that setup?
No, artist slideshow has the same effect as extra fanart and doesnt require hacks to show it. You can of course mod it yourself, should be simple c/p from any skin that uses it.
Hey BigNoid...

Quick question.

I have changed the background for Power, but when I click on the Power button on the menu, it brings up the shutdown options.
Eg Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and so on.

But the background changes from the one I set to the default Gravity one.

How can I change the background for the power button but affecting all its submenus?
(2014-05-12, 14:44)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]No, artist slideshow has the same effect as extra fanart and doesnt require hacks to show it. You can of course mod it yourself, should be simple c/p from any skin that uses it.

OK I understand this and the reasons behind it - where is the artist slideshow picked up from? Is this online as I have all my images saved locally into an extrafanart folder - do these need moving / renaming?
Firstly a big thanks to BigNoid on another fab skin. I have been waiting for this to be released for Gotham. I love the stripped back version making it smoother esp on low powered devices. I have one question which may not be skin specific. Can someone advise the best structure / naming of my music to get Music artwork. None of my music seems to scan to the library or if it does it does not have artwork and nothing like I see in the skin screenshots.

I tried musicbrainz but that was confusing...I have quite a large collections so any help is most appreciated

Thanks
You can set artist slideshow to use your artist folder. That created by cdart manager or made it by yourself.

This is my artist folder to uses with artist slideshow and music library path for nox 4.x.

I also like new music visualization, but what about artist logo ?
(2014-05-12, 17:42)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly a big thanks to BigNoid on another fab skin. I have been waiting for this to be released for Gotham. I love the stripped back version making it smoother esp on low powered devices. I have one question which may not be skin specific. Can someone advise the best structure / naming of my music to get Music artwork. None of my music seems to scan to the library or if it does it does not have artwork and nothing like I see in the skin screenshots.

I tried musicbrainz but that was confusing...I have quite a large collections so any help is most appreciated

Thanks

An example from my music would be

\music\Disturbed\Indestructible\01 Indestructible.m4a

Basically have an Artist folder (it holds the logo, banner, fanart, nfo, and artist thumb), then at bare minimum have a folder for each album either names AlbumName or AlbumName (Year).
Thanks for the great skin BigNoid! Just started using it, since my old skin was not compatible with Gotham.

I have a problem when rearranging the home menu items. This messes up the backgrounds when selecting a menu button.
For example: I change places with Movies and TV Shows. The main menu still looks great, however when I select the Movies I see the background from TV Shows! Ofcourse this is only the case when I stay on the back-arrow and not select a movie. When I select a movie I get the fanart of that specific movie as a background.
I took a look at how the guisettings.xml changed and I guess the problem is right here:

Code:
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.Label">TV SERIES</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.MultiFanart">C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Backdrops\tv_shows.png</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.Icon">views/list/DefaultTVShows.png</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.Path">ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.Widget">special://skin/extras/playlists/recentepisodes.xsp</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.WidgetLabel">Recent episodes</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.WidgetType">1</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.InfoLine">2</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.MovieHomeItem.SubMenu">x11</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.Label">FILMS</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.MultiFanart">C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Backdrops\movies.jpg</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.Icon">views/list/DefaultMovies.png</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.Path">ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.Widget">special://skin/extras/playlists/recentmovies.xsp</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.WidgetLabel">Recent movies</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.WidgetType">1</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.InfoLine">1</setting>
        <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.5.TVShowHomeItem.SubMenu">x10</setting>

Instead of actually trading places, the menuitems are renamed.

Also, the widget label is not translated and cannot be change using the menu, only by manually editting the xml.

Some other sentences in the specific skin options menu are also not translated. Now I see some in English, some in Dutch. If you need help with translating, please let me know. Would be glad to help you out!
(2014-05-12, 17:45)devilshura Wrote: [ -> ]You can set artist slideshow to use your artist folder. That created by cdart manager or made it by yourself.

This is my artist folder to uses with artist slideshow and music library path for nox 4.x.

I also like new music visualization, but what about artist logo ?
Only if that gets proper support in XBMC or an addon. I really dont want to use all those skin hacks anymore loading external images. I only made an exception for extrafanart in the video section, but I'm not very happy with that in retrospective.
(2014-05-12, 18:39)NLVince Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the great skin BigNoid! Just started using it, since my old skin was not compatible with Gotham.

I have a problem when rearranging the home menu items. This messes up the backgrounds when selecting a menu button.
For example: I change places with Movies and TV Shows. The main menu still looks great, however when I select the Movies I see the background from TV Shows! Ofcourse this is only the case when I stay on the back-arrow and not select a movie. When I select a movie I get the fanart of that specific movie as a background.
I took a look at how the guisettings.xml changed and I guess the problem is right here:

Instead of actually trading places, the menuitems are renamed.

Also, the widget label is not translated and cannot be change using the menu, only by manually editting the xml.

Some other sentences in the specific skin options menu are also not translated. Now I see some in English, some in Dutch. If you need help with translating, please let me know. Would be glad to help you out!
The re-ordering works as expected, since I cant rewrite code within the skin without using a plugin (that may very well be happening in upcoming versions), I copy everything from one setting to the other, effectively swapping places. In my tests everything gets copied over correctly. Could you maybe show a screenshot or explain some more what goes wrong?

As for the translations, those can be done at the aeon nox 5 project on transifex.
Hello

Am i the only one with big lagging problems after Gotham update?
After i got XBMC 13, with Aeon Nox, everything lags like hell? Running on the newest Mac Mini with Core i7.. in Windows..
Both AN 4 and 5..

Do i miss something?
Just installed XBMC Gotham on a total new installed machine?

Any ideas would be great Smile
I did ask this question in Aeon Nox 4.1.9 forum but thought may better asking here:

Is it possible to change the fallback music cdart to the same as Aeon Nox 5 skin please? This is under extras/cdart/default.png but cannot find where image is stored on 4.1.9. Image looks much cleaner.

(2014-05-12, 18:59)BigNoid Wrote: [ -> ]The re-ordering works as expected, since I cant rewrite code within the skin without using a plugin (that may very well be happening in upcoming versions), I copy everything from one setting to the other, effectively swapping places. In my tests everything gets copied over correctly. Could you maybe show a screenshot or explain some more what goes wrong?

As for the translations, those can be done at the aeon nox 5 project on transifex.
I got this background in my main menu "Movies" button

And this one for my "TV Shows"

When I select "Movies" the right background is shown:

However, when I switch places in the main menu "Movies" <--> "TV Shows", the background of Movies is not right anymore:

I will take a look at Transifex.
Thanks for your fast response. Hopefully you can help me with my 'problem'.
@NLVince: I see now what you mean. Indeed the fallback fanart is incompatible with the menu re-order, didnt think of that when coding it. This will probably mean that the fallbacks will always be just random fanart (for movies/tvshows/music/all fanart) in future updates.
Am i the only One that recent movies widget doesn't work ws on oe 4.0 ?
First off, I really like Aeon Nox 5 for my TV show machine and have only some minor suggestions and a possible bug or two.

So we start with the (possible) bugs..

1. If I'm in episodes and toogle the LowList and then hit backspace for going back to Home menu it seems like it has changed to Video/Files, and the are 2 more backspace before I get back to Home menu.

2. I have Recommended Episodes on the Home screen of TV Shows and if I just have one show there and watch the last episode it just spins forever when it tries to get the next episode to have in the list, even if I restart XBMC it's just spins there, perhaps a timeout and the just leave it black or hidden.

And then the suggestions.

1. In List view for episodes, could the option to show poster instead of the thumb make a comeback?
Or banner, clearart, clearogo, banner, landscape, fanart if poster is out of the question?

2. In LowList could there be an option to show anything else than the thumb, perhaps clearlogo or clearart?

Yes, I really dislike the thumbs...

3. An option on the Shutdown menu to Sign off would help me a lot.
isamu, great job. I gave you a rep point for a really nice job. I added a sets submenu like you because I have set enabled and quite a few movie sets. However, when I select sets, it just shows all my movies. What am I doing wrong?