Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello everyone,
I can get advanced launcher to scan for my files by following the steps in the op. My issue is that when I click a game nothing happens. I am using Kodi, the newest advanced launcher (from superrepo) and mupen64 plus ae. Any help would be appreciated. Also I am on an Android tablet (Hisense Sero 8) running CM12. Thanks.
Using latest version of RCB 2.0.17 on my Ouya and my emulator is the Ouya flavor of Mupen64plus. Latest SPMC and I am rooted.
RCB finds and lists all my roms very nicely and when I attempt to launch it tells me that game is launching but nothing happens.

Everything works fine when games are launched through Mupen itself but no dice when trying through RCB.

Someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

Thanks!
Been a few weeks since I checked this thread and just noticed someone wanted to my launcher.xml

launcher.xml
Wish this was way easier like just select a path for roms folder and emulator without all the crazy command stuff jeez lol.

Funny how this magically works for some people.
I have rom collection browser setup on my fire tv with spmc, but when I launch a game nothing happend. I looked at my logs and found the following;

Quote:NOTICE: RCB_INFO: new path = /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.games.rom.collection.browser/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh "/system/bin/am" start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "smb://192.168.0.198/XBMC/Roms/NES/Contra (USA).nes" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: precmd:
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: postcmd:
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launchEmu on non-xbox
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: launch emu
NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Error while launching emu: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
NOTICE: RCB_INFO: End launcher.launchEmu

I noticed that it is trying to access /storage/emulated/0 but that doesnt exist. Using adb shell I see that /storage/emulated/legacy is the right path. How can I change this so that it uses the right path. I do not have root access to create symlink.

Thanks
How's come no one has made a script of some sort to set this up without the manual work?
I too tried launching a psp.iso w/ Advanced Launcher. I get a prompt, but no game launch.

I am running a Minix NEO-X8-H (Android Box)
Android Ver. 4.4.2 - rooted
Kodi 14.2 - SU Permissions Granted
Advanced Launcher 2.5.8

here is a snippet of my kodi log when I try to launch an ISO (PPSSPP) w/ Advanced Launcher :

Code:
11:20:19 T:1782601400   DEBUG: bool CApplication::ProcessMouse(): trying mouse action leftclick
11:20:19 T:1782601400   DEBUG: static bool XFILE::CPluginDirectory::RunScriptWithParams(const string&) - calling plugin Advanced Launcher('plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/','-1','?e80fb2ed48e6417c8b602d783ae09af7/fb8a3919bd19e1abf1520971f3f67898/52572472d929dbc74d6d1b40b5a783f1')
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
11:20:19 T:1782601400   DEBUG: Unfocus WindowID: 10001, ControlID: 51
11:20:19 T:2045597304    INFO: initializing python engine.
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): start processing
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): the source file to load is "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py"
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): setting the Python path to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python26.zip:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-linux3:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): entering source directory /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.program.advanced.launcher" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:20:19 T:2045597304   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: AdvancedLauncher: Load launchers.xml file
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: AdvancedLauncher: Initialisation
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: AdvancedLauncher: application : /system/xbin/su
11:20:19 T:2045597304  NOTICE: AdvancedLauncher: arguments : -c 'am start -n org.ppsspp.ppsspp/.PpssppActivity -e org.ppsspp.ppsspp.Shortcuts "/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/my_roms/PSP/Little Big Planet.iso"
11:20:19 T:1782601400   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:20:21 T:2045597304    INFO: CPythonInvoker(29, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.launcher-master/addon.py): script successfully run
11:20:21 T:2045597304    INFO: Python script stopped

Can anybody explain what I am missing? Also tried the system/bin/am method w/out the "-c 'am" argument included.

I can provide full log if need be...

Update:(5/15/15) - I have chosen to go the RCB route. The description for configuration of RCB was not needed for me, b/c the latest version of RCB contains an auto-config, which makes thinks a lot easier for Android. I have not, however, figured out how to launch Android games/apps straight from RCB. I'm sure I'd have to figure out the command line, but I've had no luck w/ that.
So I've been having issues with getting the emulators to launch on my FireTV with Kodi 14.0 and with the latest version of Advanced Launcher. I can launch them individually outside of Kodi from the APK that I installed but when I use /system/bin/am or su as the application, nothing happens when I click on a ROM. Anyone out there know how to fix this? I'm so close!
Same here subwoofer. I have no more hair...all pulled out. I have this setup on my Windows Kodi Setup and it looks amazing. I even have a "Android Games" Category on my windows machine that uses Bluestacks for the emulator. Works perfectly and was easy to setup. Setting up for Android is a nightmare it seems. If you figure anything out, please post your findings. Good Luck!!
(2015-03-27, 14:16)harpua1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Same here subwoofer. I have no more hair...all pulled out. I have this setup on my Windows Kodi Setup and it looks amazing. I even have a "Android Games" Category on my windows machine that uses Bluestacks for the emulator. Works perfectly and was easy to setup. Setting up for Android is a nightmare it seems. If you figure anything out, please post your findings. Good Luck!!

Glad I'm not the only one having these issues. Don't even get me started with Rom Collection. I can't even get anything working for that.

The thing with this that throws me off on how it all works is that you only need to use /usr/xbin/su or the am application to run the emulator with the correct argument. How does that even work? What emulator is it using? I would think that I need to point the application to the correct emulator like I did on the PC but I'm not sure where the emulator is location on the Android filesystem and I know pointing it to an .apk won't work. From Kodi, I can easily access the emulator that I installed on the FireTV from an .apk file but I'm not sure how to related that to Advanced Launcher.
Alright I think I figured out what my main problem is for both of these. I sideloaded all of my emulator APK files and they installed just fine and I can launch each one from the FireTV interface. However, I can't see to find the com.explusalpha.* and that seems to be where the executable is located. Anyone else have this problem or know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Quote:However, I can't see to find the com.explusalpha.* and that seems to be where the executable is located.
the executable is in the data/apps folder, is it not? This file is mentioned in the command line arguments posted in the other thread
Quote:start -n com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"

This is why Advanced Launcher knows which app/emulator to launch? It knows that the data/app folder houses all the executables/apks?

I'd like to know how to find these command arguments. I know you have to abd shell into your phone w/ debugging on and hooked up to the computer...but I never got it to work. Was hoping to find a better method for that...

I can't even access the data/apps folder, where all the apks are, w/ my file manager (keep getting the "Remote Share...Path Not found or Invalid" error even w/ "show hidden files" enabled) in my rooted kodi setup...not sure what's going on there.

I would also like to launch apps (i.e.DeadTrigger2) as standalone launchers, but I have yet to find a way to point AL to the app I want to launch. I think it was previously mentioned earlier in this thread that even that would have to point to the bin/am file and to run a debug to find launch commands.
Finally got ROM Collection Browser to work. Basically I installed the emulator APK and when I configured the application, it recognized which emulators I had installed. Then basically it was as easy as pointing to the correct file extension and scan away. Now I need to delete it all and start fresh since my Amazon Firetv only has a few GB of space so I'd like to point to a ROM folder that is on a shared drive or a USB stick.
Quote:Finally got ROM Collection Browser to work. Basically I installed the emulator APK and when I configured the application, it recognized which emulators I had installed. Then basically it was as easy as pointing to the correct file extension and scan away. Now I need to delete it all and start fresh since my Amazon Firetv only has a few GB of space so I'd like to point to a ROM folder that is on a shared drive or a USB stick.

By using the method in the first post?

I tried the RCB method and had the same results as you did in the beginning. Guess I'll try again...

Update:(5/15/15) - I have chosen to go the RCB route. The description for configuration of RCB was not needed for me, b/c the latest version of RCB contains an auto-config, which makes thinks a lot easier for Android. I have not, however, figured out how to launch Android games/apps straight from RCB. I'm sure I'd have to figure out the command line, but I've had no luck w/ that.
I am having a similar issue with my Fire TV running Helix 14.1. I am able to import my games but when I try to launch them from the Rom Collection Browser nothing happens. I have Nestopia installed on my Fire TV hard drive and shows it being "installed" when I go through the configuration wizard on RCB. I also do not have any artwork showing up for the games as well. Has anyone had luck running an emulator on Fire TV using Kodi/Rom Collection Browser? Any tips would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9