Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how do I reset folder image for Music/Artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem, when I go to Files/Music/Artist and select a Artist the submenu opens with the files from that directory along with image of that Artist. However if the '..' (which is the 'Go up one folder') then the image that shows is no longer the default go back image but is now a image of a different artist. It is that way for all my artist now and even worse when I scan a item to Library it takes that image and put it now as the image for that artist. This does not affect Albums, Singles or any other menu it only affects the Artists under the Artist menu.

What I have tried,
rebooting the system,
changing to default skin Confluence from Aeon Nox,
checked my directory folders to make sure that image is not somehow under that artist(s),
under userdata - deleting guisetting.xml, and advancesetting.xml,
under database replaced mymusic32.db with a previously saved copy prior to my screwup, viewmodes4.db. None of this worked so I updated XBMC from Frodo 12.2 to Frodo 12.3

During that update xmbc updated my library so now I have this image in Library mode as well, sighh. Even worse while in Library mode if I click on update Artist that this incorrect image shows the Update will not work. Example: Aretha Franklin when I click refresh under update artist, it only refreshes to the incorrect image. If I manually enter a folder image and fanart image for her then click Refresh it will return to the incorrect image.

I imagine this is all tied together somehow but I don't know how. My problem occurred last week after I went through my music library and updated Artist, after I was done I went to the side menu "Viewtype Settings" "Background Customizer" and changed background setup to fanart. I didn't think I did anything else although I must have, after a few minutes and realizing some images were wrong I changed that setting back to off and it hasn't been the same since.

This is a bit hard to describe and hope someone can decipher my mess.
If anybody has a fix that would be amazing!!!! I'm not excited about doing a reinstall
My o.s. is XBMCbuntu.
What I usually do is to move the artist folder out of the file hierachy, clean the lib, and move the artist back.
like this:
Code:
mv /media/Mediadisk/Music/artist /media/Mediadisk
Clean the Library under "Settings->Audio->hmm, don't know off-hand"
and then
Code:
mv /media/Mediadisk/artist /media/Mediadisk/Music/"
and rescan the library.
Should not take more then 5 minutes.
I was just about to reinstall when I saw your post. The directory you mention is not in my system, however that may be due to me having all my media on a networked server. Your post did point me in the right direction though, but I still have a slight problem.

Last week I updated the directory of an artist folder with a 'fanart.jpg', 'folder.jpg', and 'artist.nfo' however I while thought I pasted those files to the Artist's folder I actually accidentally pasted it to my Music folder. I just viewed that image and it is the one that is showing everywhere.

So now I moved these file to the correct directory, but my Files is still showing this image. I again copied my backup music database over the current one but it did not fix. I did Clean the Library however image still persists. I'm assuming now that both Database and Clean Library only deal with the Library side and not the File side.

Experimenting, I can now add a Artist to Library and correct images come up or pulls from internet correct. However, if I return to File mode the incorrect image still shows as the 'folder back' image for all artists despite there not being a folder.jpg image in my Music directory. XBMC must have created a thumb of that file and is pulling it at this point from somewhere. Any ideas?

Under userdata is folder called 'Thumbnails', there are 1000's of images there. Is it safe to delete folders under Thumbnails? Will the system recreate whatever it needs? Maybe this will fix my problem?
Fixed, thank you thd042, you got me pointed in right direction and just in time too.

I deleted the Textures13.db file and copied the file from my backup Database. Fixed it instantly.