Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to switch between views and windows using the json api ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey ! Noob here with first question.

So I'm building a remote and have got all the usual functions in place (back, next, play pause, the whole nine yards)

I want to add a button that toggles the view on the screen. i.e from grid to list to detail (in albums, artists, genres, videos and wherever possible)

I also want to "switch" between albums,artists,genres in the audio screen and "videos,genres" in the video screen.

Is this possible ? And can anyone direct me to the appropriate json api ?

Thanks !
Changing the view or sorting in an XBMC view isn't possible through JSON-RPC right now.

Switching between screens is possible with GUI.ActivateWindow and the proper parameters. There are already some examples for this in this (JSON-RPC) sub-forum. You can also always turn on debug logging, then open XBMC and browse to a specific view. Then open the xbmc.log file and look for "GetDirectory" and it should show you the path that opens the specific view.
Thanks Montellese !

I was able to switch windows using GUI.ActivateWindow. But while I was trying to get the current window (GUI.GetProperties) I could only get the window (audio / videos) but not further details (video -> movies, videos->series, etc). Is there a way to get those details ?

Also, if I cannot change the view using JSON RPC, how can I do it ?
(2014-01-20, 10:41)dardie Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Montellese !

I was able to switch windows using GUI.ActivateWindow. But while I was trying to get the current window (GUI.GetProperties) I could only get the window (audio / videos) but not further details (video -> movies, videos->series, etc). Is there a way to get those details ?
Not that I know of.

(2014-01-20, 10:41)dardie Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if I cannot change the view using JSON RPC, how can I do it ?
You can't from outside of xbmc with a command.