Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RKM ( Rikomagic ) Quad Core MK902 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
" RKM ( Rikomagic ) Quad Core Android 4.2 Mini PC MK902 Google TV Player w / 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM" I bought a new product .

I bought this appliance only for XBMC .

However , with XBMC , I 'm having 2 problems :

1 - Settings> system > video output> display mode option , only "window" option is available. " Full Screen" option does not exist.

2 - Settings> system > audio output> audio output: "Optical Audio " option does not work . Crackling sound coming instead .
"Settings > system> audio output " I looked , the
" Passthrough output device : Error - no devices found" the way it looks too .
only ,
Settings> system > audio output> audio output: analog when I do , the sound is coming.
Of course, without the 5.1 channels .

So in summary ;
With optical audio options , DTS, AC3, Dolby Digital sound can not get .

I was disappointed . Hopefully in the future masters of Xbmc corrects this problem .

Besides, the device video playback performance is very good.

If you corrected the problems I mentioned , I would recommend the device .

Have a nice day
Those issues are not related to XBMC.

It would appear your device does not support those features.
Go to freaktab.com and see if they have a newer Android ROM for your MK902 that supports audio passthrough. You probably have an RK3188-based device, and I think most of those can support passthrough. I've never been able to test it out myself, though, as I do not have any audio equipment that reads digital signals (just old analog amps).
That device does support both full screen and HDMI pass through, both ac3 and DTS. Using the bundled player RockChip player, you can play stutter free 1080P with DTS or AC3. No nightly builds can do that with this chipset. I am trying to make XBMC use the RockChip Player as external player, so far with no luck. XBMC crashes every time. I will keep playing and let you know...
(2014-02-04, 07:55)deeps452 Wrote: [ -> ]That device does support both full screen and HDMI pass through, both ac3 and DTS. Using the bundled player RockChip player, you can play stutter free 1080P with DTS or AC3. No nightly builds can do that with this chipset. I am trying to make XBMC use the RockChip Player as external player, so far with no luck. XBMC crashes every time. I will keep playing and let you know...

To everyone, please don't listen to this. XBMC nightly builds work just fine, assuming one has updated the Android firmware to fix the bug that rockchips had.
Ahem... running the latest firmware available and android 4.2.2... If you know of another firmware then pass on please. And... if someone has it running... please let us know?
(2014-02-05, 07:33)deeps452 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem... running the latest firmware available and android 4.2.2... If you know of another firmware then pass on please. And... if someone has it running... please let us know?

No, you're not running the latest firmware available, because there is no central source for firmware for these devices. Even the companies selling them don't normally make their own firmware, but just throw on something that someone else in the user community has made. "latest" doesn't mean anything, and if you are having video playback issues then you are not running a firmware that contains the fix for 1080 video playback. The Android version also has no bearing on what firmware is newer or older.

Lots of people have had to install newer firmware and now have smooth video playback in XBMC for RK3188 devices. I'm one of them. So there, now you know.

Go over to http://freaktab.com and find a better firmware for your specific device. The downloads even include install instructions.
I did... before I wrote here. I would never address an issue for no reason :-)

And neither bundle fork XBMC nor latest nightly build works with HDMI passthrough. Oh, there will be sound allright. But not DTS nor AC3. Only onchip player will show 5.1 channel DTS or AC3 on amplifier.

Anyway - this is appearently not the place to discuss this...

Oh... and please note, that I responded only because another member said these devices did not support libstagefreight and HDMI passthrough. They do.
I'm talking specifically about you saying that hardware video decoding doesn't work in XBMC for the RK3188 chipset. That's simply not true, and something I can verify myself.
Well then we need only HDMI passthrough to work... Only guys I've read about succeding in this are these:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7...assthrough

issue has been raised, but rejected:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172223

I am yet to hear of any success on RKM devices...
Now that we might be able to do something about.

I'll poke some people.
Hey guys, I have a mk902 and was plagued with random reboots from the beginning. Got one of neomodes mk802iv roms to boot and it works great minus the camera. I have been running flumpsters beyond xbmc build with great success including harware acceleration right out of the box. I could not get the optical port to work, but I am guessing thats a firmware issue from the 802 rom.

BUT! Neo just announced yesterday that he is building the 902 its own custom rom! heres the link so you can follow, he is supposed to upload today.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...post147013
Wait, so only beyond XBMC will work on this box?
(2014-02-22, 18:01)INFIN1TY Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, so only beyond XBMC will work on this box?

"beyond XBMC" is nothing more than the "SPMC" build of XBMC, which is just 12.3 + hardware decoding via libstagefright. As we mention many times on the Android (wiki) pages on the wiki, you can and should run a nightly build (wiki).
(2014-02-25, 09:58)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-22, 18:01)INFIN1TY Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, so only beyond XBMC will work on this box?

"beyond XBMC" is nothing more than the "SPMC" build of XBMC, which is just 12.3 + hardware decoding via libstagefright. As we mention many times on the Android (wiki) pages on the wiki, you can and should run a nightly build (wiki).

I confirm ;-)
Pages: 1 2