Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Import Itunes video libraries & parsing its metadata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Itunes & Front Row for the last few years for my kids films & tv shows . I am thinking of moving to XBMC, but I have not seen a migration tutorial that matches my situation. The Itunes content has been tagged using MetaX with custom data ( EG My own artwork instead of DVD sleeves) & custom descriptions of TV show episodes, matching my kids interests. I'd like to retain this historical content if possible.

Additionally, the Itunes Movies merges contains stuff from different drives, that I'd like to retain as an overall single "Movies" entity, instead of distinct categories for each drive ( "Movies from disk1" etc.) . Additionally those folders contain some titles I dont wish to include yet as movies until my kids are older !

My Tv Shows have a flat structure - 1 folder per show, not per season. The file names do not necessarily reflect the show / season / episode structure...

The organisation is imposed using Itunes

Long story short. The Itunes Movie & TV show Metadata needs to be kept intact. Could someone direct me to a good online resource to do this?