Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Amplification across multiple devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have many devices running XBMC, all utilizing a shared MySQL database.

There are times while I am watching something on the TV (usually a sporting event that I do not need audio for), I will play a movie for my son using my Nexus 7. Generally, the volume is rather low on the Nexus, so I go into the audio settings to increase the amplification... and this works great.

The issue is the next time I play that same movie on XBMC from another device (HTPC connected to TV).. the amplification settings carry over and now the audio is unnecessarily amplified.

Is there any way to prevent the amplification settings from being stored in the database, or configure it so it only affects certain devices?
Sorry for the bump - But I am surprised that this is not an issue for more people... especially with all the devices XBMC now supports.
There's no way to separate those settings, as they are saved in the shared DB that MySQL uses. Personally, I switched from MySQL to UPnP (wiki) library sharing.
(2014-01-22, 06:27)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way to separate those settings, as they are saved in the shared DB that MySQL uses. Personally, I switched from MySQL to UPnP (wiki) library sharing.

From the link you provided, I did not see any pros/cons to using UPnP (I also only looked at it really quickly, so I apologize if I missed it). Does it share the 'Library', or just a link to the files? If you add/remove a file, can you still update the library from a single location?

My files are located on an UnRaid server, using NFS. If I setup the 'Living Room' unit to Share, when I play a movie in the 'Bedroom' is the feed going from UnRaid -> Living Room -> Bedroom, or is the UPnP sharing out the 'nfs://' location so that the feed is UnRaid -> Bedroom?

As long as the 'Living Room' unit does not need to become the middle man, I will give this a go.

On the "Living Room" and "Bedroom" units, I am using Openelec Gotham nightly's. On my Nexus 7 and HP Touchpad I am running Android nightly's.
It takes one XBMC instance and shares the library from that instance, via the files view. It will include artwork and summaries, and some other information as well. If you use a nightly build then it will also share watched states and resume points between the "host" and the "clients". Updating the library has to be done on the host XBMC instance.