Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jerky video playback - tried almost everything?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I managed to totally screw up my MX Streambox :/ using the Link to SD method lol I linked it over to the external SD vold number and found the whole xbmc to be a lot slower than usual so I thought i'll just remove the link and it should all be fine...........erm didn't happen!! - when I removed the link it deleted my Streambox logo from the main home screen so I couldn't find how to get back into XBMC, I tried to restore the Streambox....no luck! I restored the whole unit in the end back to original android box settings, now I am having problems with the playback of any movie.....stuttering jerky playback and patchy sound loss, I have tried various versions of XBMC inc. nightly builds and stable Frodo 12.2 and 12.3 releases still the same stuttering playback, I have tried altering all video and audio settings, adjusted my Advancedsettings.xml......still the same problem which leads me to believe it might be something to do with the Mali 400 GPU firmware as nothing is making a difference to the stuttering video playback....

Does anyone know what might be causing this? can you update the Mali 400 GPU with the latest drivers, firmware etc? it's been driving me insane! Sad
Hi Boshnon, thanks a lot for this! hopefully this is just what I was searching for, someone else said it could be that the XBMC version I have re-installed doesn't support amlogic HW which the MX box requires so I will try that first and if I have no luck I am going to use the links you provided and do a clean re-install.

Thanks again, you may have saved my life Big Grin

Andy