Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple optical drives always picks first letter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i have 3 optical drives lettered E, F and G
when i go to the file section to play a disc
it always reacts as if i selected drive E, even dropdown options menu belongs to E
so if i wanna rip a cd, it has to be in drive E or it will rip the cd in E assuming there is a cd, if E is empty or not a cd it won't even show the option to rip
same goes for playing the cds and DVDs it always goes for drive E

have anyone else experienced something similar?

thanks
Soren
That's just simply how XBMC is setup. It's not designed to work with multiple drives.
@Neroes,

To be fair, the option to play optical disk(s) should be considered a quasi-legacy feature, given that the very nature of XBMC encourages a large media library. A library in the form of multi-media files on a disk drive, local or networked (XBMC's ability to play virtually every media type is one of its best and greatest feature).

If the issue is your ability to rip multiple DVDs or BluRay at once, there are dedicated third party applications that make such a task child's play.

Lastly, consider the issue of space: I have a HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEE physical media library (DVDs and BluRays measured in the tens of thousands). That library takes half of my basement (400 sqr ft, 10ft high)...yet I could house twice (or trice) as much on a server rack with 8x 16x 4TB HHDs...
i have a large NAS library myself, it's mainly just a nuisance that if i set a disc in a random drive it won't be played in xbmc