Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add Recordings and EPG on the Main Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Is it possible for me to add the TV Recordings and EPG on the Main Menu of XBMC? I'm using XBMC 12.3 and am using the skin "ACE", along with ServerMCE as the Backend. The reason I want to do this is because I want to not have to access the submenu of "Live TV" to get to the EPG and TV Recordings. It's basically because I want to make this as simple as possible for my family. If someone could tell me how to do this it would be much appreciated.
I think you can add them as submenus to the LiveTV menu (like how movies lets you pick genre, etc, instead of going right into the movies).

I haven't tried this yet, but definitely look to see if there are submenus for LiveTV and see if that is close to what you want.

I suppose you could also just make both of those a "favorite", and then add those favs directly to the main ACE menu. I'd hit up the ACE subforum and ask there about customizing the menu like you want.
Hi,
What I'm basically wanting is a simpler way to Navigate the PVR Feature of XBMC. What I would ideally like is to place the EPG and Recordings on the Main Menu. I tried adding both of these to the favorites Menu, but i don't really know how. I tried bring up a context menu by pressing "c" on the recordings and epg but it doesn't do anything. Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't that the way you usually add something to the favorites menu? Also, with that being said, it might work to have a submenu, but only if it worked like so: I open the Live TV Menu > submenu that asks for EPG, Recordings, TV Channels, etc. > goes to what you wanted previously, eg. Recordings. What I currently don't like is that on the main menu you have to press the left arrow key on the "Live TV" Menu to bring up a menu so that you can choose Recordings or EPG. That combined with the fact that there is a Menu item named "TV shows" on the Menu that is different from the "Recordings" Menu item, makes it confusing for other people in my household...
ANYway, it would be best if there were a way to put the EPG and Recordings on the main menu, but either way would work. Thanks for helping.
Brian
You can also map the guide and recordings to buttons on your remote. Most remotes have some buttons designed for those actions.
you probably want to stick with Ace but aeon MQ5 skin does what you want.
(2014-01-27, 10:20)rlg6767 Wrote: [ -> ]
you probably want to stick with Ace but aeon MQ5 skin does what you want.

I am trying to do the same thing; get a "Recordings" and "EPG" item into the main menu. I am using Aeon MQ5. However, when selecting an option for a custom menu item, the Live TV section doesn't have either of these options listed as sub-items. Am I being stupid and missing something?

David
This will probably be possible in the future once 4753 (PR) is merged and skins are updated accordingly.
Please see my posting here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1709253
You can use this method for EPG and Recordings as well. I did it for Recordings in my installation already.

You can find the needed window numbers for EPG and Recordings here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid844667

Hope this helps. (Unfortunately the numbers of favourites in the ACE main menu is limited Confused )