Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie names duplicated in XBMC - how to resolve pls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have added about 30 movies into XBMC.

When I am on the Main Menu of XBMC and then select movies, I've noticed that many of the movie titles have been duplicated. If I select one of the two names, it will work, the other says "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?"

I have tried updating the library to see if I can remove the duplicate names, but that didn't work.

I had two questions:

1. How did I end up with two listings for most movies with one working and the other not?

2. Instead of cleaning up the library one file at a time, how can I more effectively clean up the library to remove the duplicate names?

Thank you
1. By scanning two separate paths. Going to Movie Information on the duplicates and noting the paths will show you why probably.

2. Clean Library should do it, assuming that the other files are actually gone (i.e. the paths no longer point to the file).
(2014-01-24, 06:03)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]1. By scanning two separate paths. Going to Movie Information on the duplicates and noting the paths will show you why probably.

2. Clean Library should do it, assuming that the other files are actually gone (i.e. the paths no longer point to the file).

Thank you, for point 1, the path does show that I had an obsolete path that used to have movies but now no longer exists. I guess XBMC retained the information.

For point 2, could you tell me where I find the clean library option?

When I'm in the movie folder, I see queue item, play from here, add to fav, movie information, mark as unwatched, edit title, link to tv show, remove from library, update library, now playing.

thx
Settings->Video->Library
Thank you again, found it and it worked!