Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New tv shows not added to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been struggling with problem for a long time now.
I have automatic library updates set and it scans when I start XBMC but my new tv shows to not get added. Movies work fine.

If I go to my files they are there and I can play that way but they do not get added to library.
I tried letting XBMC scrape on its own.
I've also had the nfo's generated with EMM.
Either way, no luck.

I've done a little searching about this and other people have had this issue in the past but I didn't find any solutions for it.

Log below
log
Things to consider:
When you add a new tv show, sometimes you need to do so manually as there may be more than one match for said title (or two version of the same title)...

Also if you add a new episode of an existing show (but in a different location), XBMC will treat this as a new entry. Again, when there are more than one match, you may have to add it manually...
(2014-01-25, 03:27)jacintech.fire Wrote: [ -> ]Things to consider:
When you add a new tv show, sometimes you need to do so manually as there may be more than one match for said title (or two version of the same title)...

Also if you add a new episode of an existing show (but in a different location), XBMC will treat this as a new entry. Again, when there are more than one match, you may have to add it manually...

This is happening with all titles.
Everything is in the same location. I haven't changed anything in years.
Even if I do a manual library scan it does not work.

Folder structure for all tv shows

TVShows\showname\season\SxxExx - title.mkv

It's definitely not a naming issue.
Ember Media Manager recognizes them all fine and adds metadata, artwork and creates nfo files.

Something to note. If I would delete the entire tv show from my library and then reintroduce it XBMC would add ALL files.
It only has issues with new shows added after the initial scan.
...then perhaps rescan your library with an option to purge the old one upon complete...
Just did a quick test. On another computer on the network using the exact same files from HTPC I am having trouble with.

I did 2 tests on 2 different shows.
I temporarily moved half of the episodes of a season out of the folder.
Added the show to the library....shut down xbmc
Moved episodes back into folder and restarted xbmc.
It scanned the new episodes automatically without any issues.
Did this twice with two separate shows.

Same version of XBMC and same skin. Same files.

This tells me it has to be some kind of XBMC issue on the one pc...
Its there any nfo files over your media?

Perhaps is actually adding the new episodes to a different show
Sounds similar to this, although that is only artwork related.
(2014-01-25, 05:45)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]Its there any nfo files over your media?

Perhaps is actually adding the new episodes to a different show

No, it just totally not scanning them.... when it sees my new movies I can watch it scan through them on the top of the screen.
When it scans the tv shows at startup it does nothing.

Also, I just added my entire tv folder on another computer... picks up every episode perfectly where they should be.
The naming structure and nfo's are fine.... This problem is isolated to one computer and only show added 'after' the show is originally.
If I would delete my whole library and reinstall on the troubled pc then it would find EVERY show.... but when I add new ones they don't show up.

Has to be some kind of setting or issue in XBMC.... does anything in the log I posted help?

(2014-01-25, 06:17)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds similar to this, although that is only artwork related.

I started reading this.... its late and I have to get up early so I'll finish it tomorrow. Although from reading page 1 it doesn't seem to have an acceptable solution and also not exactly the same problem.

Thanks guys. I'll play around with this more tomorrow. Hope to get this running correctly... this is about my only issue to getting XBMC running 100% the way I want!
Why don't you check the content if see if all is ok

Video -- files --- television --- "c" ---- change content

To see if its actually readings your folder as TV shows

Also is not adding any new show or episodes?

I see that you had Frodo 12.2 , did you try upgrade to 12.3?
...crazy idea here: Could this be the result of a corrupted installation...?
...would reinstallting (maybe backup your *.xml files beforehand) xbmc help in this case?
(2014-01-25, 07:59)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you check the content if see if all is ok

Video -- files --- television --- "c" ---- change content

To see if its actually readings your folder as TV shows

Also is not adding any new show or episodes?

I see that you had Frodo 12.2 , did you try upgrade to 12.3?

Everything is cool as far as general settings are concerned.
And yes, last night I upgraded to 12.3.... same results.

(2014-01-25, 09:18)jacintech.fire Wrote: [ -> ]...crazy idea here: Could this be the result of a corrupted installation...?
...would reinstallting (maybe backup your *.xml files beforehand) xbmc help in this case?

Anything is possible I guess... thing is this is the second time this has happened to me on this computer... 2nd time meaning I've reinstalled this once already. It would temporarily and then back to this.
But as they say, third times a charm... might have to go at it one more time.
I've installed this program so many times over the years I can have it set up in 20 minutes... only xml file I'll worry about saving is my advancedxml file.

Unless someone comes up with a solution I will probably go this route this weekend.
What you had on your advancedxml
(2014-01-25, 19:47)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]What you had on your advancedxml

Just stuff for the 'video extras' addon
I just completely updated a show that I had the first season to already.
I deleted the first season folder and had XBMC clean the library.
Season gone.
I added updated season 1 files and season 2 folder as well. It didn't see an f'en thing.
I completely removed the show from the database.
Rescanned and it found both seasons perfectly.

What the F-bomb is going on!!! It finds any 'new' show with no issues but I cannot add new episodes.

I did some Yahoo! searches for this and it seems quite a few people have had this issue over the last few years but I didn't really find any solutions....

This is the only issue I have with this program... everything else works great...
Pages: 1 2 3