Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ms wireless remote and keyboard to work, and is it possible to alt\tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of remotes a diamond and a ms remote and keybord ( the MS remote and keyboard don't work properly ) not sure if there is a way to get them to work.

The diamond remote works almost completely (the pause doesn't work but I can live with that ), I am wondering if there is a way to get the green button to load XBMC on my Linux mint, I was able to find out how to do this in windows 7 .
now my only real problem is how do I alt tab out of the XBMC? I need to do this because I do switch from XBMC to my Firefox browser a fair amount and to do this I have to close XBMC which is a hassle I am trying to find a way to switch from it ( be it alt tab or what ever) to my desktop.
Have you considered using XBMC windowed mode? If you enable this you can hit the backslash key to go from full screen to windowed.

Personally, on my desktop computer I do this but the window is maximized. This allows me to use an almost full screen window but still be able to see the taskbar in my window manager. Then switch back and forth between applications. But, if I want to go full screen I hit the backslash key.

If you are using XbmcBuntu I think this mode is still disabled.
To enabled it see if you have this file and delete it
~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/noBS.xml