Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple platforms - Media items showing multiple times on shared library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have ubuntu 12.04 server with xbmc 12.3, sharing libraries via mysql. Used the how to from here. I added libraries to win7 xbmc12.3, ubuntu 12.04 xbmc12.3, android jellybean and raspberry pi using latest openelec xbmc12.2.

The problem is most media items show up multiple times. Some twice, some 3 times. And not the same in all devices.

For example, I have three movies. 1, 2 and 3. I import the library and
Win7 shows 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
Ubuntu shows 1, 1, 2, 3, 3
RPi shows 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
And so on... is the issue with mysql? I dont think it's platform related, but couldn't find mysql subforum.

One more thing. In files list they show correctly. It's only the library view in movies and tv shows where they show multiple times.
My guess is that your sources do not match - one machine may be pointing at the files via IP address, one might be pointing at them via server name, one might not be using the "smb://" prefix (by default, I don't think Windows adds "smb://" to the front of sources)

I would ensure that sources.xml (and passwords.xml if required) are copied from one machine to the rest - they should all be identical - this will ensure that when any of client machines look for new items, they are looking in exactly the same place, identified in the same way.

I have an "advancedsettings.xml" and "sources.xml" file which are copied to any new machine before I even run XBMC for the first time - this ensures that I always have everything pointing at the same locations for both MySQL and the sources.

Actually, re-reading your first post, the fact you say that it's fine in file mode but duplicated in library mode should also prove the above - that each machine has a different "sources.xml"