Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes it does.
I just downloaded build r15241 of OpenELEC (latest Frodo 12.2) and it looks like .edl comskip support isn't working properly. It was working great a couple months ago, but now it's back to the old issue where playback pauses each time a commercial break is reached, vs. the expected behavior which is that the playback skips over the commercial and keeps playing back instead of pausing.

I created a trac ticket below to track it. Can you help?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14532
Create this ticket is no make sense.

1. My build is unofficial and NO supported by Xbmc Team.

2. Only Gotham is now supported by Xbmc Team. Frodo is "dead" and no more official supported.
(2013-08-05, 14:52)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]Create this ticket is no make sense.

1. My build is unofficial and NO supported by Xbmc Team.

2. Only Gotham is now supported by Xbmc Team. Frodo is "dead" and no more official supported.

I'm not even using your build, sorrry for the confusion. I posted this issue in a separate thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144473&page=2
Weather is broken in the new build.
Ship XBMC without weather addon
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2987
(2013-08-05, 11:44)smd100 Wrote: [ -> ]Does this update method work for the rbej build when running openelec on a USB stick?

I followed a guide to install OE on a USB stick fro XBMCHub. I then went and added the files into the update folder for the latest Rbej build and when restarting, I get a mount error. It appears that when the update runs, it renames the USB drive label and stuffs up my installation. I'm not sure how to get around this using the update method. What I did was extract the target folder from Rbej image, rename the kernel to kernel.img and copy them over using WinSCP and restarted the Rpi.

(2013-08-05, 17:10)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Ship XBMC without weather addon
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2987

I think removing the weather addon by default on the RPi is a good idea. I rarely use it and I find most people disable weather on the RPi for performance reasons.
(2013-08-06, 03:33)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]I think removing the weather addon by default on the RPi is a good idea. I rarely use it and I find most people disable weather on the RPi for performance reasons.

I have to disagree with that. I think it's a very handy thing to have and I don't see that it causes performance problems (certainly no more than anything else does on the RPi, trying to use the PVR addon is far worse).
(2013-08-06, 03:33)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]I followed a guide to install OE on a USB stick fro XBMCHub. I then went and added the files into the update folder for the latest Rbej build and when restarting, I get a mount error. It appears that when the update runs, it renames the USB drive label and stuffs up my installation.

No idea which guide you followed, but the OE auto update process will only work reliably when boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 - if you use a different boot device, the update process will behave... unpredictably. There seems little interest in resolving this issue. At one time I provided a patch fo this, which rbej used to include, but apparently no longer.
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated kernel (3.10.5)

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- support switching to 3D resolutions

- apply deinterlace changes immediately

- fix uninitialised variable that can lose audio packet

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
Quote:- fix uninitialised variable that can lose audio packet
Sometimes the stop, forward, rewind occurs on the trouble, i hope with this version it's fixed!

I will test it in the evening.
(2013-08-06, 05:04)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-06, 03:33)Richie Wrote: [ -> ]I followed a guide to install OE on a USB stick fro XBMCHub. I then went and added the files into the update folder for the latest Rbej build and when restarting, I get a mount error. It appears that when the update runs, it renames the USB drive label and stuffs up my installation.

No idea which guide you followed, but the OE auto update process will only work reliably when boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 - if you use a different boot device, the update process will behave... unpredictably. There seems little interest in resolving this issue. At one time I provided a patch fo this, which rbej used to include, but apparently no longer.

Hi,

Well, I also tried to update to this awesome builds with NFS booting, and it didn't work for me.

I did it by starting with an OpenELEC image written to the sdcard with win32diskimager.
I placed rbej's Gotham build (KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5) into .update folder in storage folder.

Now what i am doing is just to overwrite SYSTEM file from rbej's build to my NFS system folder, and the rest of the needed files to the sdcard, and reboot.
It seems to be updating correctly, since the system info shows the last versions.

Do you think its correct updating this way, i am missing something ?

I don't know if its related, but I have also the rainbow screen that shows a sec when booting.

Also the Pictures section that make Xbmc reboot every time, it's not a big deal for an alpha.

Do you think the Frodo Branch will have Trickplay back-ported ?

Thanks for your hard work, this builds are really great!.
(2013-08-02, 12:09)SSC_Jarod Wrote: [ -> ]thx for the great builds so far, but must team xbmc make the native 3D support? Before that my rasp played the 3D Movies, so i dont has to manually push the 3D Button on my remote. I started a film and the TV (LG 620LM65) switched automatic to 3D mode, if turned manually the 3D mode off, the Movie was in 2D. This was the reason i decided for Rasp. But now if i played a 3D movie, i have the two SBS oder HOU Pictures an must manually switch to 3D, like with other players or over UPNP. And if 3D movie ist played now, the on Screen menu, is totally (because of the two pictures overlayed) destroyed and to catch e. g. the "Subtitle" button, is like lottery winning. Wink

Can you try this build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1478186
(2013-08-05, 14:44)LehighBri Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded build r15241 of OpenELEC (latest Frodo 12.2) and it looks like .edl comskip support isn't working properly. It was working great a couple months ago, but now it's back to the old issue where playback pauses each time a commercial break is reached, vs. the expected behavior which is that the playback skips over the commercial and keeps playing back instead of pausing.

Can you try this build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1478186
(2013-08-06, 09:54)desperado77 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Well, I also tried to update to this awesome builds with NFS booting, and it didn't work for me.

I did it by starting with an OpenELEC image written to the sdcard with win32diskimager.
I placed rbej's Gotham build (KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5) into .update folder in storage folder.

Again, if you're not using boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1, you'll not get a successful update using the auto-update process, so when booting with NFS what you experienced is expected.

(2013-08-06, 09:54)desperado77 Wrote: [ -> ]Now what i am doing is just to overwrite SYSTEM file from rbej's build to my NFS system folder, and the rest of the needed files to the sdcard, and reboot.
It seems to be updating correctly, since the system info shows the last versions.

Do you think its correct updating this way, i am missing something ?

No, sounds like you've done the right thing. Drop the new SYSTEM wherever your SYSTEM file is, the new KERNEL (renamed to kernel.img) to your SD Card, and finally extract the bootcode.bin/fixup.dat/start.elf files either from the new SYSTEM or the target folder of the new image and copy those also to the SD card.

(2013-08-06, 09:54)desperado77 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think the Frodo Branch will have Trickplay back-ported ?

Not sure if you mean rbej or stock OE, but the trickplay patch has already been back-ported to stock OpenELEC in the 3.1.5 release which is available for testing.