Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-23, 15:44)SSC_Jarod Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I use pathsubstition for the thumbnails to stored on my server and not only in the textures.db or locally in the thumbnails folder on rasp. So this is not an option for you or the cause of nothing to see... Wink

Another trick: backup the textures.db e.g. from the rasp and then delete it. Then try to load under the Information menu the Poster, Fanart, etc. And check if you see then something on rasp... If so delete the db on pc either.

Hope this solves your Problem!

Greetz,
J

Thanks, I pretty much did that but the other way round, deleting the databases on the PC, which got it working there. I then copied the databases to the RPi but it still wasn't showing the artwork but it was seemingly downloading it as the CPU was high but even when that had finished there was a lot missing. So I deleted the thumbnails on the RPi and copied across the thumbnails folder from the PC and now I have episode artwork and series fanart but only banners for two out of 28 Series. Checking on the PC, that's missing the banners as well though so I'm not sure what's going on. I did have banners on both previously (perhaps with the previous database versions).

EDIT: Ah, I see Banners is not something that's in Confluence so it's probably a skin issue.

EDIT2: Ah, I can use Artwork Downloader to grab the Banners one by one for each series. I decided to run it from Addons to do it automatically but unfortunately it's grabbing a load of artwork for Movies first, which I don't need as I already grabbed most of the artwork with Ember and it's taking ages (even on the PC) so I think I need to tweak it. I saw in the settings I can set it to only download Banners for TV Shows but I'm not sure if this Addon is used as the main artwork grabber and if setting it to only grab Banners will result in not getting any other artwork for new media I add later.
I've just gone into OE settings and it was OK on the first tab but when I went to Network, it locked up with the busy spinner constantly displaying and 86% CPU and it's been like that for 20mins.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=48551

xbmc.log is an hour out (it's 15:49 here now but the log shows 14:49). I think the problem started at 14:27 in the log.

Seems the extra delay I experienced yesterday with certain movies was a glitch (maybe the PC was doing something in the background). Today it's back to how it's always been, 15s to open 8 Mile (14:56:35 - 14:56:50) but 2-3s for other movies.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=48552

EDIT: If I delete the .idx and .sub file associated with 8 Mile, it takes about 8s to open (15:03:01 - 15:03-09) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=48557
(2013-08-23, 16:52)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]xbmc.log is an hour out (it's 15:49 here now but the log shows 14:49). I think the problem started at 14:27 in the log.

I confirm this has been broken for at least last two Gotham builds
How do I get Context Menu to work for Addons - Programs. For Video, Music and Pictures it works as it should when pressing my Info button with <info>Contextmenu</info> in Global but for Programs it's doing Info (i on the PC keyboard) instead of Context Menu, which makes it impossible to Add to Favourites.

The only relevant sections in remote.xml I can see are:

<AddonBrowser>
<remote>
<info>Contextmenu</info> (I just added this to see if it would help)
</remote>
</AddonBrowser>
<AddonInformation>
<remote>
<back>Close</back>
</remote>
</AddonInformation>
<AddonSettings>
<remote>
<back>Close</back>
<clear>Delete</clear>
</remote>
</AddonSettings>
My time (displayed and in logs) is an hour out. I'm guessing this is related to British summer time / daylight saving?
(2013-08-23, 16:15)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-23, 15:44)SSC_Jarod Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I use pathsubstition for the thumbnails to stored on my server and not only in the textures.db or locally in the thumbnails folder on rasp. So this is not an option for you or the cause of nothing to see... Wink

Another trick: backup the textures.db e.g. from the rasp and then delete it. Then try to load under the Information menu the Poster, Fanart, etc. And check if you see then something on rasp... If so delete the db on pc either.

Hope this solves your Problem!

Greetz,
J

Thanks, I pretty much did that but the other way round, deleting the databases on the PC, which got it working there. I then copied the databases to the RPi but it still wasn't showing the artwork but it was seemingly downloading it as the CPU was high but even when that had finished there was a lot missing. So I deleted the thumbnails on the RPi and copied across the thumbnails folder from the PC and now I have episode artwork and series fanart but only banners for two out of 28 Series. Checking on the PC, that's missing the banners as well though so I'm not sure what's going on. I did have banners on both previously (perhaps with the previous database versions).

EDIT: Ah, I see Banners is not something that's in Confluence so it's probably a skin issue.

EDIT2: Ah, I can use Artwork Downloader to grab the Banners one by one for each series. I decided to run it from Addons to do it automatically but unfortunately it's grabbing a load of artwork for Movies first, which I don't need as I already grabbed most of the artwork with Ember and it's taking ages (even on the PC) so I think I need to tweak it. I saw in the settings I can set it to only download Banners for TV Shows but I'm not sure if this Addon is used as the main artwork grabber and if setting it to only grab Banners will result in not getting any other artwork for new media I add later.

Sorry had a to work a little Wink
With the artworkdownloader you can download all artworks (banner, poster, fanart) and more (tv show logos, clear art...) but your skin must support tv logos or clearart....
For tv shows which doesnt have banner or poster, the downloader brings this missing parts.

Try evtl the skin Amber (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159372) which is also fast for the pi.

Or download the so called "Super Repository", this has a confluence mod, thats support tv show logos and much much more. Wink

Greetz,
J.

(2013-08-23, 18:01)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get Context Menu to work for Addons - Programs. For Video, Music and Pictures it works as it should when pressing my Info button with <info>Contextmenu</info> in Global but for Programs it's doing Info (i on the PC keyboard) instead of Context Menu, which makes it impossible to Add to Favourites.

The only relevant sections in remote.xml I can see are:

<AddonBrowser>
<remote>
<info>Contextmenu</info> (I just added this to see if it would help)
</remote>
</AddonBrowser>
<AddonInformation>
<remote>
<back>Close</back>
</remote>
</AddonInformation>
<AddonSettings>
<remote>
<back>Close</back>
<clear>Delete</clear>
</remote>
</AddonSettings>

Hi,

I do that in puttin the keymap.xml in keymaps and change the value:
<red>ContextMenu</red>

In this master keymap.xml
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml

And so if i press red on my tv remote the context menu comes up.

Hope this helps.
(2013-08-23, 18:58)SSC_Jarod Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry had a to work a little Wink
With the artworkdownloader you can download all artworks (banner, poster, fanart) and more (tv show logos, clear art...) but your skin must support tv logos or clearart....
For tv shows which doesnt have banner or poster, the downloader brings this missing parts.

Try evtl the skin Amber (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159372) which is also fast for the pi.

Or download the so called "Super Repository", this has a confluence mod, thats support tv show logos and much much more. Wink

Greetz,
J.

Ah, a little work never hurt anyone Wink

I'm not sure if the skin I'm using, xTV-SAF, supports tv logos or clearart but it all looks OK now and I don't have any missing art (apart from the music artists/albums but that's another issue).

So I can probably disable downloading clearart if my skin doesn't support it, to speed it up a bit. Not sure why it took so long on Movies as once it got to TV Shows it went very quickly.

I do like Amber and Confluence Modified and might use them myself but this RPi is destined for my brother and his old CRT TV, so xTV-SAF is the ideal skin for him.
(2013-08-23, 19:08)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-23, 18:58)SSC_Jarod Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry had a to work a little Wink

Greetz,
J.

Ah, a little work never hurt anyone Wink

I'm not sure if the skin I'm using, xTV-SAF, supports tv logos or clearart but it all looks OK now and I don't have any missing art (apart from the music artists/albums but that's another issue).

So I can probably disable downloading clearart if my skin doesn't support it, to speed it up a bit. Not sure why it took so long on Movies as once it got to TV Shows it went very quickly.

I do like Amber and Confluence Modified and might use them myself but this RPi is destined for my brother and his old CRT TV, so xTV-SAF is the ideal skin for him.

Wink good to hear everything works now so far!

Have fun!

Greetz,
J.
maybe this makes my hicups

Linux Kernel 3.10.9 Released Six Hours After 3.10.8 to Fix Networking Bug
but all working fine now Big Grin
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
(2013-08-24, 01:33)Trickname Wrote: [ -> ]maybe this makes my hicups

Linux Kernel 3.10.9 Released Six Hours After 3.10.8 to Fix Networking Bug
but all working fine now Big Grin

Make you, your build self?
no,
is just a headline from here
i use builds from here and be very happy with them last days Wink
Is nobody else seeing flaky XBMC NFS straight after booting a Gotham build? This is with a FreeNAS 8.3.x server that is working OK with Frodo (OE 3.1.6). Any attempt to connect with NFS will fail (taking about 2-3 minutes to fail) within the first minute or two after booting - it's fine after that.
MilhouseVH in my case SMB is immediately there.
Yeah, it's usually NFS that has these "timing" related problems - they seem to crop up from time to time, maybe kernel related. It's why I always go with OS NFS mounts for "production" systems, but use XBMC NFS on my test system just to know when it's broken again... sucker for punishment I guess. Smile