Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySql setup questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

I am trying to get my library centralised so my 2 pivos can share and each contribute to it. I have followed the guides but still can't seem to get updates to occur from each instance.

I have mysql running fine, set my Library paths to an smb filehare that also hosts mysql. After I setup the first pivos I can view and update the Library from there just fine. I copy the advanced settings to the other pivos, set the source paths to the smb location for movies etc and reboot. I can see the metadata for everything but it will not play. When I add to the library from the second, those files do not play either although I can see them in my fileshare.

Do I need to have the first pivos running for the second to be able to access content? I figured since i the files and dB are hosted completely separate that I shouldn't need to... ?
Copy advancedsettings.xml sources.xml and passwords.xml (if there is one) from the first machine to the second then restart xbmc and retry. You should not need the first machine running as long as it's not the MySql server.