Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bay Trail-D motherboards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-07-12, 23:16)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha sorry I've been trying to sort the s3 wake up I've not had time to do much else. I came from a celeron 847 which too be fair worked well I got bored and ordered the j1900.

Specs wise I have the j1900 board running with 2gb ddr3 1066 I had it spare. I run openelec on a ocz 60gb ssd so its completely quiet, boot up from cold is around 12 seconds.

The first problem I ran into was my denon amp or TV wouldn't display the bios in its low resolution. So I had to set it up on the TV upstairs, to be fair I only turned wake from USB on. I've played a few films to test dts-ma and Dolby true HD and it all works

A YouTube video review would be great Wink
YOUTUBE REVIEW, YOUTUBE REVIEW, YOUTUBE REVIEW Big Grin
This is a windows score from a newegg customer for the ASRock Q1900-ITX

windows 7 64bit WEI total 5.2
cpu 6.5
memory 7.5
desktop aero 5.1
3D 5.9
disk 7.9

that's with 16 gigs of Kingston memory oh also almost forgot I just checked the memory timings with cpuz since it doesn't tell you anything in the bios about timings and the timings are

1333mhz at 8,8,8,23, T1

so heres my windows score for my system
windows 7 64bit
Processor AMD A6-3500 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 6.3
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.4
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6530D 5.9
Gaming graphics 3956 MB Total available graphics memory 6.6
Primary hard disk 30GB Free (60GB Total) 7.9
Determined by lowest subscore 5.9
(2014-07-12, 21:05)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Got the MSI j1900 setup today it seems to play blu ray rips with pass through dts-ma. The only problem I can see is I can't wake from s3 using USB its set in the BIOS but I get nothing

Hi I too have this board and have found that I too cannot resume from S3 USB, there is power to the port when it suspend mode but nothing, tried all sorts

how are you getting on?
(2014-07-13, 18:29)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-12, 21:05)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Got the MSI j1900 setup today it seems to play blu ray rips with pass through dts-ma. The only problem I can see is I can't wake from s3 using USB its set in the BIOS but I get nothing

Hi I too have this board and have found that I too cannot resume from S3 USB, there is power to the port when it suspend mode but nothing, tried all sorts

how are you getting on?

No luck so far its already on the latest BIOS. I've sent a message through the MSI website too see what they say. As you say power is there but it doesn't wake up. I've been thinking about other methods for now like a ir keyboard plugged into the ps2 port and teach my harmony one a code to wake it that way. But ultimately id prefer to have USB wake up.
NX01 I had a response from MSI just asking have I tried wake up from s3 in windows. I only have xbmc did you have windows installed ?
Hi installed windows 7 and was able to wake via USB keyboard
(2014-07-14, 07:37)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi installed windows 7 and was able to wake via USB keyboard

Thanks for that ill let them know, strange that the operating system makes a difference. I thought it was all BIOS controlled!
(2014-07-14, 07:23)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]NX01 I had a response from MSI just asking have I tried wake up from s3 in windows. I only have xbmc did you have windows installed ?

I've been following this thread with interest. But the S3 thing could be a killer for me, if it doesn't work to wake from a remote.

goujam - when you say you only have xbmc, do you mean you're using Openelec? Or are you running something else like XBMCbuntu?
(2014-07-14, 09:35)decpvr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-14, 07:23)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]NX01 I had a response from MSI just asking have I tried wake up from s3 in windows. I only have xbmc did you have windows installed ?

I've been following this thread with interest. But the S3 thing could be a killer for me, if it doesn't work to wake from a remote.

goujam - when you say you only have xbmc, do you mean you're using Openelec? Or are you running something else like XBMCbuntu?

Hi yeah I mean Openelec, when I get home ill take a look to make sure the USB ports have wake from s3 enabled. I have just found some information on this so it may just be a simple fix. To be fair I have not done a fresh install of openelec yet I just swapped the ssd over so first thing will be a freash install then take a look at the wake up routines. Im sure (hope) its something simple ill report back later if I can get time to have a play after work!!

If anyones intrested here is the information I found http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid835642
(2014-07-14, 09:49)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Hi yeah I mean Openelec, when I get home ill take a look to make sure the USB ports have wake from s3 enabled. I have just found some information on this so it may just be a simple fix. To be fair I have not done a fresh install of openelec yet I just swapped the ssd over so first thing will be a freash install then take a look at the wake up routines. Im sure (hope) its something simple ill report back later if I can get time to have a play after work!!

Ok, great. It would be ideal if it did work. It is such a good price for a 1900/quad core motherboard and looks like it would fit my needs perfectly.

Btw - what system case are you using with this? Do you have any case fans running?

It would be great to have a silent (fanless) system.

I'm thinking about running openelec from a usb flash drive, as all my files are stored separately on a NAS.
(2014-07-14, 09:55)decpvr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-14, 09:49)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Hi yeah I mean Openelec, when I get home ill take a look to make sure the USB ports have wake from s3 enabled. I have just found some information on this so it may just be a simple fix. To be fair I have not done a fresh install of openelec yet I just swapped the ssd over so first thing will be a freash install then take a look at the wake up routines. Im sure (hope) its something simple ill report back later if I can get time to have a play after work!!

Ok, great. It would be ideal if it did work. It is such a good price for a 1900/quad core motherboard and looks like it would fit my needs perfectly.

Btw - what system case are you using with this? Do you have any case fans running?

It would be great to have a silent (fanless) system.

I'm thinking about running openelec from a usb flash drive, as all my files are stored separately on a NAS.

I have it in a cooler master elite 100 case with no fans, I am using a pico power psu so there are no fans what sio ever in the build. I run from a ssd and all my media is on a nas, so it is a silent system
(2014-07-14, 10:31)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]I have it in a cooler master elite 100 case with no fans, I am using a pico power psu so there are no fans what sio ever in the build. I run from a ssd and all my media is on a nas, so it is a silent system

Very nice. I was looking at a pico psu and the silverstone ML03 case, so very similar.

The issue with waking from S3 with USB is odd. I've got a little Zotac Zbox running in my bedroom and the only thing I remember with that, was having to use a particular USB port, to be able to wake from S3 with my mce remote .

I don't recall hacking the software side of things at all.

Keep us posted, it sounds like a nice setup!
I am on openelec too, I have also tried a fresh install this did not fix it, there is an option to have the OS control the ACPI in the bios but this did not fix it either, I notice that there is no USB items listed in

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

I also set the wakeup for the device to enabled in the /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup etc.

not waking up with the remote is not much a problem only if I forget and put it to sleep as its mounted behind the TV on the wall and I have to move the sound bar out the way to get to the power button :-(
(2014-07-14, 18:19)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]I am on openelec too, I have also tried a fresh install this did not fix it, there is an option to have the OS control the ACPI in the bios but this did not fix it either, I notice that there is no USB items listed in

cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

I also set the wakeup for the device to enabled in the /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup etc.

not waking up with the remote is not much a problem only if I forget and put it to sleep as its mounted behind the TV on the wall and I have to move the sound bar out the way to get to the power button :-(

is your IR receiver connected to a USB3 port? If so, that's the issue, as OpenELEC disables wakeup from USB3-connected devices. The workaround is to use a USB2 port, or if not an option, use my custom OpenELEC/ChromeBox build which enables USb3 wakeup. Download link on the wiki in my sig.