Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bay Trail-D motherboards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just tried a bluray rip of the hobit software decoded and the CPUs were 40% 30% 20% 16%. The hardware decode problem is a driver problem I'm sure it will soon be sorted.
(2014-07-16, 18:30)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-15, 05:07)Matt Devo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-15, 04:36)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sense from what I've been seeing in my tests now to try something else as its a pain to keep reaching behind the tv

Just use my custom build with xhci wakeup enabled. link in sig

(2014-07-16, 18:18)chippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-16, 16:45)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that all sounds about right, the only thing I havent tried is the disable hardware acceleration, I havnt seen the problem of it freezing yet. If I get chance ill try a bluray rip with software decode later!

Mark I havnt tried wake on LAN I have only used USB wake up. Im sure it will work though the only reason I had problems with USB is because OPENELEC turn of USB 3.0 before suspend!

I wish i could try this board before buying so i could see if it could run all i want while watching a film without it freezing or anything.

What do you run?

Win 7 64bit
Utorrent
Nzbs
Vlc

all at the same time normally
(2014-07-16, 19:43)chippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-16, 18:30)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-15, 05:07)Matt Devo Wrote: [ -> ]Just use my custom build with xhci wakeup enabled. link in sig

(2014-07-16, 18:18)chippy Wrote: [ -> ]I wish i could try this board before buying so i could see if it could run all i want while watching a film without it freezing or anything.

What do you run?

Win 7 64bit
Utorrent
Nzbs
Vlc

all at the same time normally

If your in windows I don't think the freeze bug is there its just Linux I believe. So that would spare the higher CPU
I am very tempted but i would try the Asrock version as i have a power brick already brought to plug in the board.
(2014-07-16, 20:36)chippy Wrote: [ -> ]I am very tempted but i would try the Asrock version as i have a power brick already brought to plug in the board.

I could not find the Asrock one in the UK just this one which had HDMI the other one available has no HDMI
(2014-07-16, 20:42)nx01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-16, 20:36)chippy Wrote: [ -> ]I am very tempted but i would try the Asrock version as i have a power brick already brought to plug in the board.

I could not find the Asrock one in the UK just this one which had HDMI the other one available has no HDMI

That is my problem not available in the UK, i did ask overclockers.co.uk but they said there motherboard buyer is away so they wont be getting any new motherboards not a good way to run a business i think.
I can gt the Am1 Asrock board i could eventually buy both and see how they perform and how many watts they use and keep the best one for my needs.
Chippy, is it the Asrock Q1900DC-ITX you are looking for, the one with the external power supply? If so, you can get it here in UK from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Q1900DC-I...1900DC-ITX Bit pricey though at £95 plus £9.00 delivery.
(2014-07-16, 21:48)boris blank Wrote: [ -> ]Chippy, is it the Asrock Q1900DC-ITX you are looking for, the one with the external power supply? If so, you can get it here in UK from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-Q1900DC-I...1900DC-ITX Bit pricey though at £95 plus £9.00 delivery.

Thanks but its so over priced more a rip off price
(2014-07-16, 16:12)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]does this board have any issues with Wake on Lan?

I now have the MSI J1900 motherboard. Once the bios is set to allow wake (I just enabled all the 'wake from' options) and I added the board's MAC address to the XBMC app, I was able to Wake on Lan. Hope that helps?

I've got mine running Openelec. I also had to use the Chromebox build - mentioned earlier in this thread - to allow my RC6 remote to wake from a S3 suspend state.

Otherwise it does exactly what I want:
- Play full Blu-Ray rips
- bitstream HD-Audio to my AVR
- totally silent! (with a pico-psu & well vented silverstone ML03 case)

I ended up using a cheap(ish) 60gb SSD, rather than a usb stick. Hopefully it will be better for long term durability.

I'm only using a 1GB stick of RAM, which seems fine to me.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I also had to revert to the VGA connection to see the bios menu. It may just be my combo of AVR+TV that won't display the bios, but worth remembering if anyone intends to use this in a similar setup.

I'm now wondering if the dual-core (J1800) might make a good replacement for my XBMC box upstairs! I'd need another pico psu, but I think they're worth it for totally silent operation :-)
(2014-07-24, 21:31)decpvr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-16, 16:12)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]does this board have any issues with Wake on Lan?

I now have the MSI J1900 motherboard. Once the bios is set to allow wake (I just enabled all the 'wake from' options) and I added the board's MAC address to the XBMC app, I was able to Wake on Lan. Hope that helps?

I've got mine running Openelec. I also had to use the Chromebox build - mentioned earlier in this thread - to allow my RC6 remote to wake from a S3 suspend state.

Otherwise it does exactly what I want:
- Play full Blu-Ray rips
- bitstream HD-Audio to my AVR
- totally silent! (with a pico-psu & well vented silverstone ML03 case)

I ended up using a cheap(ish) 60gb SSD, rather than a usb stick. Hopefully it will be better for long term durability.

I'm only using a 1GB stick of RAM, which seems fine to me.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I also had to revert to the VGA connection to see the bios menu. It may just be my combo of AVR+TV that won't display the bios, but worth remembering if anyone intends to use this in a similar setup.

I'm now wondering if the dual-core (J1800) might make a good replacement for my XBMC box upstairs! I'd need another pico psu, but I think they're worth it for totally silent operation :-)

I'm glad its working for you too. Openelec have made USB 3 available in sleep in the latest beta so we should be back to the main version again soon. With the VGA to see the BIOS it was fine on my marantz sr6004 amp it was my denon x2000 that couldn't display it. So I'm thinking it's either my amp or TV that was at fault.

I still thinking of getting the j1800 but for the price difference I may get a j1900. Or I may save the money and stick with my ion 2 system that is also silent .
(2014-07-24, 22:03)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad its working for you too. Openelec have made USB 3 available in sleep in the latest beta so we should be back to the main version again soon.

That's good news! It seems ridiculous for, what I imagine, would be such a common issue!

(2014-07-24, 22:03)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]With the VGA to see the BIOS it was fine on my marantz sr6004 amp it was my denon x2000 that couldn't display it. So I'm thinking it's either my amp or TV that was at fault.

Yup - could be either my TV or AMP, but I wasn't too bothered to find out. It works through HDMI when I'm in openelec/XBMC, so that's my main concern!

(2014-07-24, 22:03)goujam Wrote: [ -> ]I still thinking of getting the j1800 but for the price difference I may get a j1900. Or I may save the money and stick with my ion 2 system that is also silent .

I have a zotac zbox, which to be honest works without any issues - apart from the fan noise! It's only hooked up to a little TV, so I don't need (HD-Audio) bit-streaming.

I guess if your ion 2 system is silent, and you're happy with it, you may as well stick with it.

I don't need to replace mine, it's just a nice idea to have TOTALLY silent XBMC box ;-).

I'd be surprised if the dual-core J1800 can't handle openelec/XBMC, I just wanted the extra grunt from the J1900 to be my main box. An extra few quid doesn't bother me for peace of mind. But then I'd be happy to save those pennies when it comes to a less essential box.
So when do we learn whether the HD-Audio will be supported on this thing?
It's really sad that it can't do something so basic.
(2014-07-25, 13:35)shnxx Wrote: [ -> ]So when do we learn whether the HD-Audio will be supported on this thing?

Which specific board & OS are you asking about?

My MSI J1900 board, with Openelec, can bitstream HD-Audio.

I've tested out both DTS-MA & Dolby True-HD to my AV amp. It's great!
(2014-07-25, 13:35)shnxx Wrote: [ -> ]So when do we learn whether the HD-Audio will be supported on this thing?

Are you talking about the Acer refurb you mentioned in another thread or something else?

If Acer, answer is here http://www.avforums.com/threads/is-this-...t-20871264

My MSI j1900 bitstreams HD audio no problem haven't had to change the BIOS or anything else