Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham Music scraping Song Artist vs MBID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So based on this post by JMarshall http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1609696 I was experimenting with nightly 20140121.

I have an album with album artist "Various Artists" (but that isn't significant to the observation) and songs have 1 or more artists assigned.

This concerns songs with more than 1 artist. What I found is that if there is one song artist and also MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID for that artist will scan properly. Now if there is more than one song artist, and still a single MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID only the first artist will be scanned. The second and further are ignored.

So I then tested but this time I included MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID for all artists on the song. This time I did get all artists scanned, but it would only use the first artist name (repeated as many times as there are MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tags) unless the "override tag" setting is used. Then it showed all artists (for which MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID is provided). Again if there are 3 artists and 2 MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID you only get two artists scanned.

ISTM that if there are more song artists than MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tags that all artists from the Artist tag(s) should be scanned to the database. Obviously there is a problem of relating the Artist tag to the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag (could be by order in the file but I can see that's problematic).

scott s.
This is a general problem, yeah, when the MB_ARTISTID's don't match the artist list.

The main bug by the looks is the case where you have matching artistlist + MB_ARTISTID's, with the artist name being wrong in that case, right?

If so, should be an easy fix - please confirm that is the issue (a sample file would be awesome).

(What to do in the case where things don't match is not obvious to me at all - generally we take MBID info as better than other info as things currently stand).

OK here is a test run on 20140202 nightly. Debug log is here:
log file

In this log a single flac file (track 02 of album Moulin Rouge! soundtrack) is scanned to database. The details on this track metadata are

Filename    02 Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil' Kim [1 Artist MBID].flac
Album    Moulin Rouge!
ALBUM ARTIST    Various Artists
ALBUMARTIST    Various Artists
ALBUMARTISTSORT    Various Artists
Artist    Christina Aguilera
Artist        Lil’ Kim
Artist       Mýa
Artist       P!nk
Artistsort    Aguilera, Christina, Lil’ Kim, Mýa & Pink
ASIN    B00005BJ2O
BARCODE    606949303525.00
ENCODER    reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
ENSEMBLE    Various Artists
Genre    Soundtrack
MusicBrainz Album Type    Album Official
Musicbrainz Date    5/8/2001
MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID    5a3a2368-93a9-471a-8821-f87d478a8512
MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID    b202beb7-99bd-47e7-8b72-195c8d72ebdd
MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID    05cc39ce-cc20-45fa-a242-8480afda1ae8
PUBLISHER    Interscope Records
REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN    -8.89000034332275 dB
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN    -9.90999984741211 dB
title    Lady Marmalade
TRACK    2
YEAR    2001

The file for testing is here:
dropbox file

In this test the musicinfo scanner finds the file, scans the album using MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID and uses Universal Album Scraper to get album data. Next it scans the album artist data using "Various Artists" and uses Universal Artist Scraper to get artist data. Next is runs the music info scanner using the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID (Christina Aguilera) and uses Universal Artist Scraper to get artist data. The musicinfo scanner then terminates without adding or finding the three other artists (Lil’ Kim, Mýa & P!nk).

scott s.
Reference URL's