Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Very long delay for NAS content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using XBMC on a NeoTV Prime with GoogleTV/Android 4.2.2 and on an Archos 101 G9 250GB, also running Android 4.2.2 but without Google TV. I'm using XBMC to see content that is on my LAN in UPNP-AV compatible NASes as ISO9660 files (*.iso). I have no problems seeing the files, but if I try to view the content it takes anywhere from 1/2 hour to 1 hour for the video stream to start on both devices. Once the video stream starts, it plays fine, but needless to say a 1/2 hour or more delay makes XBMC unusable, so I must be doing something wrong?
The NeoTVPrime connects via a wired LAN, and the Archos box connects via wifi.
VLC with ES file manager plays the ISOs without the delay. I have no security on the content side of the NASes, only on the admin side, so the Android devices are logging in anonymously, and there are no permissions problems(that I'm aware of).

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
UPnP and ISO generally don't play well together, it can be done with the right UPnP servers but I think you might want to try accessing the NAS via NFS or SMB/Samba instead for ISO.

Also surprising to hear that your NeoTV Prime got the JB update effectively making it an AndroidTV device, none of the other Marvell based GTV boxes appear to have gotten it only the LG devices did but they didn't use Marvell chipsets.

How well does XBMC run on it ?